Revised Form 4473

I just filled out a 4473 and noticed you MUST identify yourself as Hispanic/Not Hispanic.

Anyone know what the story is with the change?

Not sure, but I have noticed this with a lot of different forms lately. It used to be a list of races and you had to select yours, now most forms are just Hispanic or Not Hispanic.

I'm guessing if you check the Hispanic box, you are instantly approved for free guns courtesy of the U.S. Government.

A lot of "hispanics" consider themselves white because many are decedent from Europeans. This gets at those and increases their numbers at the same time. Hispanic is also not a race. It's a cultural identity.

I should also note the form still had the 'race' section where you identify yourself as white, black, etc

The 'Hispanic' part is an entirely separate line item which you must answer in addition to the race section. I don't know why ethnic origin would be a concern all of a sudden.

A lot of "hispanics" consider themselves white because many are decedent from Europeans. This gets at those and increases their numbers at the same time. Hispanic is also not a race. It's a cultural identity.

I'm referring to the way the form is written. A lot of forms classify hispanics as a race like;

[ ] White (not hispanic or latino)
[ ] Hispanic or latino

terraformer said:

Race - black, white or asian

Ethnicity - bla bla bla...

i think we need to add % to that. such as if yo daddy is white, yo momz is 1/2 PR & 1/2 DR... you should be alble to color in 50% white-not hispanic and 50% hispanic or latino (25% PR / 25% DR

then race: 75% white (50% white and te 25% PR) followed bye 25% black (25% DR)

[laugh]

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i think we need to add % to that. such as if yo daddy is white, yo momz is 1/2 PR & 1/2 DR... you should be alble to color in 50% white-not hispanic and 50% hispanic or latino (25% PR / 25% DR

[laugh]

what would yours be than? 10% Jewish, 5% Korean, 50% Mexican, 10% Jamacian, 10% Dominican, 15% Polish? 100% gay.

They changed the form because of the court decision that banned (allowed now) non citizens from buying guns.

Last edited:
They need to get rid of race on all forms and applications all together.

I completely agree! Won't happen, however.

Race - human.

Done.

I did this many years ago when the "Race" question was "fill in the blank". BATFE audited the dealer and had no sense of humor about it. Demanded that the FFL (friend) get me back in there to fill it out "gov't appropriate"!

Check other and write in Superior that should piss em off.

See above. Would love to do it, but it will burn the FFL.

[laugh]

Good thing Liz Warren ain't buying a gun soon. She'd be there for a week. "Hmmm, let's see, I'm 0.076% Cherokee, and 0.021985% Cheyenne, and 0.00012% Apache..."

Yep, just filled one out the other day, and was surprised to see that new change on the form. If anything, you would think in this age of polical correctness that a question such as that would be eliminated - not added!

Reminds me of a joke one of the popular 70's black comedians once told. He was filling out the form to buy a gun and came to the question:

What is your color:

He said that he entered "Off-white".

His comment was "Let them guess how far off."

Yep, just filled one out the other day, and was surprised to see that new change on the form. If anything, you would think in this age of polical correctness that a question such as that would be eliminated - not added!

What? You expect liberal controlled agencies to be unifying rather than divisive? They would never win an election unless they divided people or created some kind of racial/class war.

What? You expect liberal controlled agencies to be unifying rather than divisive? They would never win an election unless they divided people or created some kind of racial/class war.

Good point, which is why the race b.s. will never end. You have that group, and then you have large portions of what used to be considered the "minority" groups propagating the segregation themselves. It's something I don't see ever ending in our lifetimes, even though at this point there is such extensive interracial breeding that actual lineage/race is really not so relevant anymore. We are all a bunch of mixed breed mutts for the most part now.

ATF Form 4473 (5300.9) Part 1
Revised April 2012

Has Questions;
10.a. Ethinicity
___ Hispanic or Latino
___ Not Hispanic or Latino

10.b. Race (Check one or more boxes)
___ American Indian or Alaska Native
___ Asian
___ Black or African American
___ Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
___ White

Question 12. has also been revised regarding the "correct" definition and regulation of nonimmigrant alien, nonimmigrant visa status. Most folks should still not be checking either box.

Back
Top Bottom