• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Former Dick's Sporting Goods CEO defends stance on gun restrictions despite backlash

They are really just going to hope the Fudds are enough to keep their Hunting and Shooting Sports section open?
I could not find a single gun cleaning related item in the West Springfield store. Emptied out of all items related to shooting & hunting.

Former Dick's Sporting Goods CEO defends stance on gun restrictions despite backlash

Despite the reported $250 Million loss with their anti-2A insanity (destroying guns, et al), the fact is that Dick's stock is really doing quite well... even after other negative leftist crap they've thrown at the wall. Must be an awful lot of money in sneakers, running clothes, jock straps and golf clubs. 🤔

I'd never step foot in a Dick's store ever again, but clearly other people out there are apparently doing so.

Despite the reported $250 Million loss with their anti-2A insanity (destroying guns, et al), the fact is that Dick's stock is really doing quite well... even after other negative leftist crap they've thrown at the wall. Must be an awful lot of money in sneakers, running clothes, jock straps and golf clubs. 🤔

I'd never step foot in a Dick's store ever again, but clearly other people out there are apparently doing so.
I'd piss in their doorway !!!! :D

They are really just going to hope the Fudds are enough to keep their Hunting and Shooting Sports section open?

They're not going to get any help from that quarter, either. The Fudd guns they have are just plain jane, nothing with any character. Not interesting at all. From what I remember about their long guns, they may as well have been ARs or Glocks for all the warmth they had. Remember, Fudds have a sense of taste, and our guns need to have character.

I legit haven’t been inside of a Dicks sporting goods store in YEARS! I encourage everyone I know to not shop there. I will special order something from someone else even if dicks has it in stock or is cheaper. They can get f***ed and stay f***ed.

They're not going to get any help from that quarter, either. The Fudd guns they have are just plain jane, nothing with any character. Not interesting at all. From what I remember about their long guns, they may as well have been ARs or Glocks for all the warmth they had. Remember, Fudds have a sense of taste, and our guns need to have character.
got it.

36q4219i4yi51.jpg
70evadb6LCuobnnDToxS7G56980FeoSYslowabeY-Eg.jpg

I love Dicks! I go there, fondle the merchandise, try it on for size, snap a pix of the barcode and then buy it elsewhere...
Same same…best part of the article was the word “former” before CEO.

hopefully the board saw the $250m hit to the bottom line and fired him …kind of synonymous with a gun.

I legit haven’t been inside of a Dicks sporting goods store in YEARS! I encourage everyone I know to not shop there. I will special order something from someone else even if dicks has it in stock or is cheaper. They can get f***ed and stay f***ed.
My new favorite saying “Get f***ed and stay f***ed”.

There IS a lot of $ in them. Especially when 90% of the competition is gone. They are winners by attrition.

I remember when every 3rd town had a "golf" store. I couldn't tell you where the nearest golf store is. No idea. Internet killed the strip mall star or something like that.

So Dick's has outlasted just about every competitor out there. Now if you want sneakers or golf balls or a new putter or a football whatever, you either go Amazon or you find your "local" Dick's. (I assume my closest one is in Attleboro. Maybe there is one in Dahhhtm'th. Oh, maybe Seekonk too. I rarely travel to any of them.)

I'd piss in their doorway !!!! :D

If I could find a Dick's in the first place.

Back when I was a yowen, there was this company - Parallax Systems or someththing like that. It was basically a catalog bad-ass products company. They sold those "State Police" gloves with the powdered lead in the fingers. Various knives. But their catalog was very very very well done. Professional. They had ALL SORTS of trick-out sort of items for the 10/22. I was probably 11 or 12 and didn't know what a 10/22 was but damn it was cool. The HK rifle there reminds me of them. There was SO much I wanted to order from them. Because they did a class-A job of marketing it.

Don't forget that Dick's owns Golf Galaxy

Back
Top Bottom