• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revised Form 4473

I just filled one out this weekend. Friggin stupid and needless.

My guess is its because hispanics are probably gonna be over 50 percent of the population soon. If not already, and they want to keep tabs on the majority's gun buying habits....well, legal gun buying habits, that is.

NICS needs to update their nationality listings. United Kingdom is one (jhowever not in the eyes of NICS), but Scotland, England and Wales are in the eyes of NICS (hyowever they are not in real life). Being a citizen fo any of those countries makes you a UK citizen, not a Scottish citizen, etc etc.

Last edited:
It must confuse the hell out them when I fill out the form because my last name is Hispanic but my race is white and my family on both sides are Italian!!!

ATF Form 4473 (5300.9) Part 1
Revised April 2012

Has Questions;
10.a. Ethinicity
___ Hispanic or Latino
___ Not Hispanic or Latino

10.b. Race (Check one or more boxes)
___ American Indian or Alaska Native
___ Asian
___ Black or African American
___ Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
___ White

Question 12. has also been revised regarding the "correct" definition and regulation of nonimmigrant alien, nonimmigrant visa status. Most folks should still not be checking either box.

They are still missing a category OTHER!

It must confuse the hell out them when I fill out the form because my last name is Hispanic but my race is white and my family on both sides are Italian!!!

Generally, ATF won't see the form till the dealer goes out of business. And they probably won't read it even then. Lots of folks think that the dealer sends the 4473's in after the sale, but that is not the case. Jack.

Thanks Jack, I still find it humorous. I walked into the shop I usually go to,a couple weeks ago, and the first thing the owner says to me. "Hey they changed the forms especially for you" . Then he showed me the new category...

I did a transfer on sat. I seen the question and laughed. I was thinking Boarder Patrol. What's next " Yes I am Irish" Smile and wave life is to short.[banghead][pot]

Back
Top Bottom