Replacement lock for a Stack-On 8-gun cabinet?

Goliathan

NES Member
Picked up an older used Stack-on 8-gun cabinet for cheap on CL, and it's got one of the crummy old tubular locks on it, of which I am not a fan. Does anyone know of a viable replacement for the lock?

It's my first long gun cabinet with the intended purpose of keeping any said long guns out of the hands of my kid...

Check out www.taylorsecurity.com - they might have something that will fit. Funny thing, years ago tubular locks were considered "high security" (which is laughable, since they HPC tubular lock pick was readily available back in the 70s)

I used one of those combi cams on a cabinet too and it works pretty well. I felt like if you just hit that original lock with a hammer it would pop right through, and I figured a combination would be easier than keys. It was like $13 or so and easy to install, I didn't want spend too much $ since somebody could probably open one of these cabinets like a tuna can if they had a crowbar. I copied the idea from this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/279820-Stack-On-keyless-mod

Huh. Interesting, that. I realize that this isn't going to be Fort Knox, I just need something to keep my son's fingers out until he's old enough to know better. Deter the smash and grab guy, etc. Security system and insurance policy takes care of the rest.

I like the combi cam idea... I like the carpet and lights, too! Now to convince my wife that I don't want it down in the furnace room where she wants me to put it...

Back
Top Bottom