Remington Post-2018 Bankruptcy Quality

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
I wouldn't say Remington has "decades or centuries of unquestioned reliability and quality" I bought my 11-87 almost 20 years ago and it's basically a junker. Fit and finish are poor, it's needed multiple repairs and isn't used all that much (deer hunting 2 weeks a year and a little turkey hunting once or twice a year). It has lots of sharp edges that I've cut myself on before I filed them down, etc... I mean it works, but I would use it as a boat anchor if a Benelli fell on my lap...

I have a Remy 597 22 rifle as well. It's my 2nd one as the receiver on the first one cracked. Couldn't handle the stresses of the mighty 22 LR. Made from cheap ass pot metal castings.... Total crap. For the less than 200 bucks though I just got a new one. I had multiple magazines crack on me too before they switched making the body from plastic to aluminum.

Last edited:
Marlins and 1911s good because of the efforts of one dedicated QC manager rebuilding the production line from the ground up. Everything else.....dumpster fire

I stay away from Remington these days. Their crappy pistols and disappointing rifles, and 870 shotguns that have a 20% chance of crapping out? No thanks! I'll take Savage or others any day!

I haven’t had any problems with my 870 Wingmaster, which I purchased in the late 90s, but I know plenty of people that hate theirs. I looked at Remington 1911s, but after reading some of the complaints on the internet, I decided not to.

Back
Top Bottom