• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reciprocity gets out of committee - not sure if dupe

I don't want any Federal Laws or State Laws. The Second Amendment is clear.

I want Constitutional Carry and no AWB anywhere. I want NFA repealed.

Murder is illegal, threatening people is illegal, justifiable homicide is not, regardless of weapons or materials used. Negligence is a thing, and juries decide based on facts. It's called Justice.

If you are in prison, you can't have a gun. If you are not, you can. Crimes with or without guns are illegal regardless.

Why is that so hard?
Because Lawyers/courts.. no offense to the legal types on NES. But, yes it should not be this hard. Courts and lawyers who twist words or decide that a word is not what it means etc.. its really simple, but somehow it gets all twisted up into a pile of shit.

You're whining......
Seriously can't stay on topic without going ad hominem, can you?

As previously pointed out Mass offers a NR permit as does RI and Ct.
"Offers" being the key word for MA and RI. Getting one is another issue.

...for the life of me I can think of a good enough reason I would want to do more than drive through ANY of those states on the way to somewhere else.....but folks are covered nonetheless.
I assume you meant to be insulting by using "can't think", instead of "can think", so swing and a miss. Still, people live there and the real risks on driving through NY without stopping are non-trivial.

But you ARE whining and you're ignoring the facts
No, I'm stating facts, and if anyone can be characterized as "whining", I would think it's someone roaming through the wilderness proclaiming the only real truth about the Constitution.

I have to ask but are you a millenial?
Not sure what a "millenial" is, but assuming you meant "millennial", no, I'm just shy of being able to pull from my 401(k) without a penalty.

As for the band of retarded states south of NH ...
The inability to argue without insult rears its head again.

... folks have the choice to vote with their feet......a much better option than trying to saddle the rest of the country with unconstitutional legislation that will only be repealed the next time congress/exec branch change back to dem majorities
So, in light of your requesting bona fides for my age, perhaps I can ask where you received your training in Constitutional Law?

As for the band of retarded states south of NH folks have the choice to vote with their feet......a much better option than trying to saddle the rest of the country with unconstitutional legislation that will only be repealed the next time congress/exec branch change back to dem majorities

If it passes it ain't going to get repealed. Dems are stupid but they ain't that stupid. (there's lots of old white people in congress, and many of them still remember the evisceration the democratic party got when they signed the 1994 AWB into law... ) they will oppose the carry bill, but that's not the same level of political suicide that actually introducing a bill to repeal it would be. They know that if they did that, the NRA is going to send out a 10 page spread with the pics of all the shitbirds that cosponsored the "repeal bill". That said in the midst of it it won't really "work properly" though. It's not going to magically make the shithole states stop sucking. The worst outcome of this whole thing is GOP legislators will use the passage of this as an implied excuse to not continue to do anything "we gave you guys national carry, what do you want now?" etc. "Please fix the broken shitpile of law you just created by amending it" doesn't have that "sexy omnibus bill" type ring to it.

-Mike

Last edited:
Simple question, really. IF it passes (big if) would a NH person be able to legally carry in MA (or any other state) WITHOUT having to shell out additional money and bow and scrape to MA in order to get a NR LTC? YES. I count that as a win. Not huge, but a win.

Does the Fix NICS bill do ANYTHING to cause MORE PP? Not that I can see. So let's call that one a tie.

Would CC be the best solution and the one I want? Yes, but not in our lifetime. Let's be realistic. .Gov doesn't really want us to have THAT. To get it we must take small bites of the elephant, any way we can.

Every single argument you've put forth has been put down several times

There's nothing left to argue about.....hasnt been for a couple days but you seem to persist.....
Well, you've certainly repeated the same material multiple times, but you haven't really put forth an argument. You've just stated variations of "they can't do that" or "unconstitutional" without showing how you're reaching those conclusions.

I think its safe to say that everyone would love to be able to carry unimpeded wherever we want to go but thats not the reality of life......you cant always have what you want...
I'm struggling to see any place above where I've said some variant of either of those.

...and advocating for the fed gov to do dumb shit it was never empowered to do is guaranteed to blow up just like it has with all of the rest of the unconstitutional drivel that oozes out of the DC swamp
Again, just saying it's unconstitutional doesn't make it so. You can argue that the 14th Amendment doesn't apply, or you can argue something else. But you have to put forward an argument, not simply make proclamations gainsaying things you don't like.

If it passes it ain't going to get repealed. Dems are stupid but they ain't that stupid... they will oppose the carry bill, but that's not the same level of political suicide that actually introducing a bill to repeal it would be.

They will not have to do anything. Why, because as you also say...
It's not going to magically make the shithole states stop sucking.

None of this matters now because natrep is never passing. IMHO otherwise badgeless gun carriers would do well to ponder the idea of a non-federal arrangement. This doesn't fix the garbage state problem, but if the shall issue states can agree on a reciprocity compact and offer an enhanced permit (this allows them to NOT change their laws, yet still offer a permit thats conformal to the states that have worse laws than they do, thus not destroying freedom in the process) and we get like all the loose stragglers united under one enhanced license, then this basically creates a national embarassment for the half dozen or so shithole states.... and that gets to be held over their head in the media and other circles.... and the brilliant part is it wouldn't need the federal government involved AT ALL in order for it to happen, just the cooperation of non shithole states to agree to honor an enhanced permit standard.

-Mike

Last edited:
This legislation,” the letter states, “is a dangerous encroachment on individual state efforts to protect public safety, and it would effectively nullify duly enacted state laws and hamper law enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence."

I fixed it for him:

This legislation,” the letter states, “removes infringements on individual rights in spite of state efforts to limit public safety, and it would effectively nullify duly enacted state laws and enable the efforts of individual citizen's to prevent gun violence."

Yeah, let's get rid of LEOSA. No reciprocity for us peons, then the same for state and local LEO's.

You will be happy to know that MCOPA lobbied against LEOSA and then EOPS & GCAB dragged their feet for 4 years before implementing it in MA, but did so as to violate the Federal Law in numerous ways.

This legislation,” the letter states, “is a dangerous encroachment on individual state efforts to protect public safety, and it would effectively nullify duly enacted state laws and hamper law enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence."

And likely similar language was used against LEOSA by MCOPA back then.

Yeah, let's get rid of LEOSA. No reciprocity for us peons, then the same for state and local LEO's.

Wouldn't help us at all.

As Len indicates also, the antis absolutely HATE LEOSA. The fact that it gives them major hemorrhoids is good enough for it to stay in my book.

Most of the people running under LEOSA are also pro gun, too, not the "I don't need my gun when I'm off duty, so no one else should either" brand of douchebag.

-Mike

they will oppose the carry bill
There will be closed door R meetings to determine who needs permission to support the bill to get re-elected while assuring that there are not enough vote to pass it.

I fixed it for him:

This legislation,” the letter states, “removes infringements on individual rights in spite of state efforts to limit public safety, and it would effectively nullify duly enacted state laws and enable the efforts of individual citizen's to prevent gun violence."
Their (erroneous) assumption is that gun control (disarming of the law-abiding) somehow makes us safer. Not only is there no real statistical evidence to support this claim, common sense would tell us that gun control makes us LESS safe (see Chicago, Baltimore and DC)

Disgusted to see my Chief on that list. He'll OK Green Cards, but opposes CCR.

Given the amount of flaming hoops people often have to go through to get a GC in ma, not surprised.

Also some "green" towns in MA are truly only "fake green" because "we don't want Comm2A (or another independent attorney) up our ass sideways" ... so some towns are not really pro gun, but more like "path of least resistance". These towns/chiefs would still gladly stab you in the back given slightest provocation.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom