Ready or not, REAL ID is coming

Maybe it is because it is such a PITA.
I did mine through AAA because I thought it started this May and I had to renew my passport to fly in June, the gov was saying expedited passports could take like 8 weeks at the time so I said f*ck it and went to AAA to get my real ID.

The major pain was having to schedule the AAA visit 1.5 weeks out, they don't take walk ins because "OMG THE COVIDZZZZ".

In the end, the passport arrived in like 2 weeks, so now I have renewed passport, passport card and real ID. I am a good subject.

Also, the other sh*t part about Real ID os they only renewed it until your renewal date. My renewal date is July 2023, so they basically made me pay for a 1.5 year license and I will have to pay again.

I had zero issues at 3-A Painting and Real-ID back in 19. I was in and out in probably 10-15 min. As long as you have all of the proper paperwork, it's fine. They are excellent. I heard horror stories back then about the RMV and Real-ID. Like them asking you for stuff NOT on the application and denying your app because of it.

I've told their before, but this is my BEST RMV story. It's 2000 or so. Right when they changed the whole system from "go wait in line" to "hey - here's a # - now go sit down instead of waiting in line."

I'm at the old Fall River RMV at the 99. I go in and it's empty. EMPTY! There are, like, 4 people in the whole place.

There's a guy at the Ombudsman desk. I stop. He's jabbering to someone. Like completely ignoring me talking to them. I figure, "I've got this" and I go in. I walk right up to the window - BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE THERE!

"Sir, do you have a number?"

"Yeah, my license number? It's, hold on. . . ."

"No sir. Did you get a number from the front desk."

I look around. THERE IS NO ONE THERE!

"No?"

"You need a number, sir."

So back to the desk I go. I wait a FULL MINUTE for D-bag Tony to stop talking to some chippy and ask, "Is there something I can do for you?" like I'm inconveniencing him.

"I need a number."

So I get it.

"You can go in and sit down and they'll call you."

THERE IS NO ONE THERE!!!!!!!

So I dutifully go in and sit down.

No lie. Same clerk I got waits until I sit down. She looks behind her at the deli-counter and yells - YELLS - "FORTY-NINE?"

In the loudest voice I could muster, "YO! THAT'S ME!" and up I go.

Frickin RMV. You KNOW she got the "you have to follow procedure" talk. And that guy at the front desk should have been beaten into a pile of goo.

Just renewed my driving license, just got my new one with the gold star in corner, received it couple of days ago. Looks the same as any other license but with a gold star. Don’t see an issue, they already know who I’m, with multiple state LTC’s, two passports, Global Entry who I’m I hiding from? Easy to do, take some documents to prove who you are and bingo done.

Bigger fish to fry, rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Such a good boy.

1651760104590.png

LOL

There are some here that think ANYTHING the government is doing is somehow wrong or evil. They're more incompetent than evil.

"We would like every man in Massachusetts to get a blowjob from a hot chick." "OVER MY DEAD BODY, MASSACHUSETTS! NO HOT CHICK IS GETTING NEAR MY JUNK! IT'S ALL A COMMIE PLOT!"

LOL

There are some here that think ANYTHING the government is doing is somehow wrong or evil. They're more incompetent than evil.

"We would like every man in Massachusetts to get a blowjob from a hot chick." "OVER MY DEAD BODY, MASSACHUSETTS! NO HOT CHICK IS GETTING NEAR MY JUNK! IT'S ALL A COMMIE PLOT!"
The problem there is the state's definition of "chick" LOL.

So back to the desk I go. I wait a FULL MINUTE for D-bag Tony to stop talking to some chippy ...
⬆️ Here's your problem.

The proper brush-back to the window clerk would be to make idle talk,
including, "say, what do you guys think of the article in today's Globe
that this office is going to be closed from lack of business?".

Yup, that's what I ended up doing, renewing my expired passport.

Got all my shit together(or so I thought) made an appt with RMV last Wednesday. All I had was a laminated SS card from like 1975 when I got it, RMV wouldn't accept it. My W2, paycheck, 1099 etc, none of that stuff has my whole SS on it, just the last 4.

Wanted to take the cheap way out with REAL ID, since I basically already paid for it when I had to renew my CDL.
Just a PSA bump and some RMV musings:
Spent four hours of my birthday driving to and from and to and from the Lowell RMV for my RealID.
1. Appointments at the RMV are one to two weeks out. Most of the AAA locations are more than that- some you can't even make appointments because they are booked solid.
2. You can use a W-2 (I brought mine from last year), but as Greg noted, recent W-2s do not have your whole SS#. The RMV guy said go home and get one from 2019. I found that my 2019 was purposely blurred out by my employer, so I brought W-2s from 2014 to 2018. He just scanned the 2018 W-2, no problem. It was just a printed copy- I wonder if they would even know if you made a fake one up.
3. I did have my original BC from 62 years ago, so no issue there. Handwriting was beautiful back then. Like a Rhinehart writing sampler.
4. Last time I went to the RMV was when it was at the Plain Street location- easy access off the Connector and free parking. Mass f*cked that up like only they can do. New location = Shit show driving through downtown past way too many people with nothing to do on a weekday. I was told that there is a homeless shelter and a Salvation Army nearby. It took me five to ten minutes to find a space in the (not free) parking garage - twice.
5. For some reason (maybe because I had an appt?), I got to go in the line with no one in front of me, and I was called next despite others waiting in other lines.
6. I have to say that the three RMV people I dealt with were friendly and pleasant. The guy that told me I had to go find another W-2 wrote something on the paperwork so I went to the head of the line again. I think I spent maybe 20 minutes in the building total during my two visits.
7. The RMV cop at the door that tells you what line to go in has the easiest job in the world.
8. I was told by one of the personnel that the reason they don't accept laminated SS cards is because they will jam their scanners. Not sure if true.
9. I sometimes wonder about the lady that smoked those cigars that looked like twigs that worked at the old, old registry on Dutton Street. I think she enjoyed yelling at people that they were in the wrong line (after waiting in said line). She had some issues, but maybe she was hardened after working there. The RMV was a shitshow back then.

Why ??? Is the RMV not opened to the public ?? Their forcing this mandate on us so make it not a complete f in ass ache !!

If they are going to issue driver licenses to persons here illegally, it would be useful to have a notation similar to the real ID icon - something like an NPC in the center of a star (Non Papered Character) so it could not be confused with an indication of legal status.

Why ??? Is the RMV not opened to the public ?? Their forcing this mandate on us so make it not a complete f in ass ache !!
Isnt the MA RMV in some semi permanent partially open/closed scam right now due to COVID-19 from 2019?

That's how it was last I checked. Luckily in FL it's still open. It's still sorta a dumpster fire here, but at least it's open [rofl]

Isnt the MA RMV in some semi permanent partially open/closed scam right now due to COVID-19 from 2019?

That's how it was last I checked. Luckily in FL it's still open. It's still sorta a dumpster fire here, but at least it's open [rofl]
I wonder how people are working remote. The people there are just one step above from having to wear a helmet 24/7. They are not highly functional individuals.

I bet the majority of the employees are getting paid to do absolutely nothing.

If they are going to issue driver licenses to persons here illegally, it would be useful to have a notation similar to the real ID icon - something like an NPC in the center of a star (Non Papered Character) so it could not be confused with an indication of legal status.
That would be racist.

Spent four hours of my birthday driving to and from and to and from the Lowell RMV for my RealID.
1. Appointments at the RMV are one to two weeks out. Most of the AAA locations are more than that- some you can't even make appointments because they are booked solid.
2. You can use a W-2 (I brought mine from last year), but as Greg noted, recent W-2s do not have your whole SS#. The RMV guy said go home and get one from 2019. I found that my 2019 was purposely blurred out by my employer, so I brought W-2s from 2014 to 2018. He just scanned the 2018 W-2, no problem. It was just a printed copy- I wonder if they would even know if you made a fake one up.
3. I did have my original BC from 62 years ago, so no issue there. Handwriting was beautiful back then. Like a Rhinehart writing sampler.
4. Last time I went to the RMV was when it was at the Plain Street location- easy access off the Connector and free parking. Mass f*cked that up like only they can do. New location = Shit show driving through downtown past way too many people with nothing to do on a weekday. I was told that there is a homeless shelter and a Salvation Army nearby. It took me five to ten minutes to find a space in the (not free) parking garage - twice.
5. For some reason (maybe because I had an appt?), I got to go in the line with no one in front of me, and I was called next despite others waiting in other lines.
6. I have to say that the three RMV people I dealt with were friendly and pleasant. The guy that told me I had to go find another W-2 wrote something on the paperwork so I went to the head of the line again. I think I spent maybe 20 minutes in the building total during my two visits.
7. The RMV cop at the door that tells you what line to go in has the easiest job in the world.
8. I was told by one of the personnel that the reason they don't accept laminated SS cards is because they will jam their scanners. Not sure if true.
9. I sometimes wonder about the lady that smoked those cigars that looked like twigs that worked at the old, old registry on Dutton Street. I think she enjoyed yelling at people that they were in the wrong line (after waiting in said line). She had some issues, but maybe she was hardened after working there. The RMV was a shitshow back then.
My SS is not laminated, so this might be a stupid question... but, why not cut the plastic and remove the card?

How are those things laminated?

Not so fast there.........

It was just a printed copy- I wonder if they would even know if you made a fake one up.
For some reason (maybe because I had an appt?), I got to go in the line with no one in front of me, and I was called next despite others waiting in other lines.
I was told by one of the personnel that the reason they don't accept laminated SS cards is because they will jam their scanners. Not sure if true. Not the NH ones, at least.
I'm sure MA is like NH. We run it through Social Security. If the name/number/dob don't match, no ID for you.
NH does appointments. People don't read the signs, and walk up to the counter to ask. It's like going to the doctor. Even if you have an appointment, you need to check in. The greeter makes sure that you have all required documents, before having you waste time standing in line. Appointments are given a number that the system calls before walk-in numbers.
I've been told since I first started working that laminating the S/S card invalidates it (it could be faked and covered so the security features can't be detected); however, NH will take a laminated card to show S/S number. We won't take a laminated one as a second proof of ID.

These dopes have proven once again that they couldn’t properly un-roll toilet paper.
Maybe it was the millions of f***ing no speaks running past the border. Or maybe it was the all expenses paid trip throughout the USA.

These dopes have proven once again that they couldn’t properly un-roll toilet paper.
Maybe it was the millions of f***ing no speaks running past the border. Or maybe it was the all expenses paid trip throughout the USA.
I had one customer who has legally been here for years. He is awaiting renewal of his permanent resident card. We chatted, and he said it probably would have been easier to sneak across the border from Mexico illegally than to keep doing it legally.

I’m not doing it. I’m not forced too. Neither are any of you freedom, less .gov type NESers. Need to fly, get a passport. Don’t do it u pussies !
I wish I could tell them to get f***ed, but this state has racketeering down to a science. I had to get it to renew my CDL, and I need my CDL to keep my job. At least my work pays for all of my licenses.

Back
Top Bottom