RBG cancer surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect the Dems + allied senators to fight any Trump appointee's appointment to either side's political death. "Republicans", using the term loosely re: Roberts, have a somewhat safe 5-4 majority. The left knows their goose would be cooked if they're out 6-3.

Also, if RGB does die on the bench before 2020, you can safely bet that "retaking the Supreme Court" is going to be a Dem campaign goal, just like it was for Trump. I concede that most people don't care about the Supreme Court, but it's a good campaign mantra - "the courts are against [whatever goal the speaker is pushing]", or "the courts are corrupt", or "the courts are a mockery of justice/unfair/unjust/out of touch with reality."

Usually when you have one cancer, even if it's removed via surgery, it means you're becoming susceptible to more cancers. First it was the pancreatic cancer she had, that was removed with surgery too, but now less than a decade later she's got growths in her lungs and I've seen a picture of her with a bulge on her neck.

She may have another couple years, but she's not living to 2024.

Having been through this 4 months ago with my mother,I dont wish the families of anyone to have to watch their family member slowly die from cancer.
That's fair. I lost my dad last year from cancer. I didn't wish cancer on her but we all got to go some time. I just hope her time is soon. So she won't suffer.

She is evil, so good riddance. Trump's next pick should just start out by declaring he has raped every woman he has ever met.

She won't retire. She'll die in that position.
Then what? Trump has proven that he is no friend of us gun owners. Can we trust his appointees to protect our Second Amendment rights, or will they just sit on their asses and play with themselves while a patchwork of local and statewide gun/magazine/accessory bans materialize with the strokes of mayors' and governors' pens, turning all of us into instant felons without due process?

Third bout with cancer? She's tough. BTW, even with the two previous cancer episodes, she has NEVER missed a day of oral arguments. I cannot fail to respect that work ethic.

Another Supreme Court vacancy at this time will get really, really ugly just because the stakes are perceived to be so high. If you think the Kavanaugh process was a shit-show dumpster fire, just wait. Trump will almost have to appoint another woman. Maybe his sister, she's a federal appeals court judge! (jk) The next Trump nominee will be dragged through the mud like we've never seen. For some, the ends will justify the means if they can keep another Trump nominee off the bench. Frankly, the same is true for conservatives. They'll do anything to tip the balance even more.

Another Trump justice would likely be the icing on the cake for 2A rights. But if we get someone in the Alito-Gorsuch-Thomas-Kavanaugh mold you can kiss your privacy and due process rights away. That's a tough equation to balance.

If she doesn't die in the next few months the Dems will demand a delay in the confirmation process until after the 2020 election, just like we did for Gorsuch. But no matter what happens, it's going to be a blood-bath.

ETA: From an article linked in a dupe thread:
Two nodules in the lower lobe of her left lung were discovered incidentally during tests performed at George Washington University Hospital to diagnose and treat rib fractures sustained in a fall on November 7.
So, the fall that cracked a rib saved (extended) her life.
Sometimes you don't know if an event is good or bad until some time afterwards.

We just need her out of SCOTUS the sooner the better and I don't care which route she takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom