NOTORIOUS RBG Back in Hospital

The fact that what president appoints a judge can be used as a high-correlation predictor of stances on hot-button issues is a tribute to a broken system.

Seems that some of the Judges appointed by Republican Presidents disappoint us now and again but the ones appointed by democrats usually are bat sh....t crazy and always toe the party line.

And back in she goes...it must be tough having your health issues under a constant microscope.

From earlier in the thread, I've got a problem with this Reuters article that states, "The court currently has a 5-4 conservative majority including two justices appointed by Trump - Brett Kavanaugh in 2018 and Neil Gorsuch in 2017."

From what I've witnessed, the correct characterization should be, "The court currently has a 4-4 stalemate with 1 waffler....", or alternatively, "The court currently has a 5-4 liberal majority..." depending how you view the Chief Justice's legal opinions since joining SCOTUS.

Seems that some of the Judges appointed by Republican Presidents disappoint us now and again but the ones appointed by democrats usually are bat sh....t crazy and always toe the party line.
Judges are the same as politicians. Some Republicans are really Democrats, but NO Democrats are ever Republicans.

If she croaks, can Trump put in a new judge in time???

We have the Senate.
The problem is if he does it could motivate the Libs to vote, so the choice would be SCOTUS judge OR President Trump

The problem is if he does it could motivate the Libs to vote, so the choice would be SCOTUS judge OR President Trump

I’d take scotus at this point. Give them someone new to hate/threaten and give Mr. Trump a break.

I’m honestly on the fence of what version of 2021 we’re going to see. I hope you all realize we’re completely f***ed either way.

I’m honestly on the fence of what version of 2021 we’re going to see. I hope you all realize we’re completely f***ed either way.
If Trump loses the Dems will NOT be gracious winners and will destroy the Constitution to hold on to power and get some revenge.

This summer we've seen the insanity of riots, CHAS / CHOP, police ordered to withdraw, kangaroo court hearings run by the House, politicians and news organization's acting like its all a good thing. If Trump wins, cases of TDS will go through the roof and this summer will likely seem like small potatoes.

Last edited:

SCOTUS, every time.

SCOTUS is the reason why I voted Trump. It still is. The more justices we can scrounge out of him, the fewer the Clintons and their ilk get. That's still the way I look at it.

SCOTUS, every time.

SCOTUS is the reason why I voted Trump. It still is. The more justices we can scrounge out of him, the fewer the Clintons and their ilk get. That's still the way I look at it.
+1
I've heard political analysts I trust say it's all about judges, and they are his biggest contribution to America. Even if he only gets 1 term, the 200+ non-liberal judges he and the Senate have put in place will make a big and lasting difference. As our lawyers here say, the text of the statute is not the law. How the courts interpret the statute is the law. Just think if Chief Roberts had decided differently on Obamacare's individual mandate....

If Trump loses the Dems will NOT be gracious winners and will destroy the Constitution to hold on to power and get some revenge.

This summer we've seen the insanity of riots, CHAS / CHOP, police ordered to withdraw, kangaroo court hearings run by the House, politicians and news organization's acting like its all a good thing. If Trump wins, cases of TDS will go through the roof and this summer will likely seem like small potatoes.

There is a cure for TDS patients though.........
image.jpeg [laugh]

If Trump loses, all I can think of is Virginia on a national level, but 10x worse because to won't be just gun laws; Tons of welfare, universal income, more gun laws, reparations, open border ...

Lol. If Biden wins, for the first time in my life, I become a fan of Congressional obstruction.

+1
I've heard political analysts I trust say it's all about judges, and they are his biggest contribution to America. Even if he only gets 1 term, the 200+ non-liberal judges he and the Senate have put in place will make a big and lasting difference. As our lawyers here say, the text of the statute is not the law. How the courts interpret the statute is the law. Just think if Chief Roberts had decided differently on Obamacare's individual mandate....
Until the Democraps decide to expand the number of SCOTUS justices and appoints 2 the moment they get POTUS and senate control. Then it goes from 5-4 to 5-6 the other way

Until the Democraps decide to expand the number of SCOTUS justices and appoints 2 the moment they get POTUS and senate control. Then it goes from 5-4 to 5-6 the other way
Yeah, they've been pretty vocal about impeaching judges and expanding the size of courts to pack them South American junta style. People keep acting like the DNC is going to play by the rules when they keep changing or ignoring the rules whenever it's convenient for them.

If she croaks, can Trump put in a new judge in time???

We have the Senate.
The Senate Republicrats are spineless jellyfish that would not think twice about selling out this country to pander to their perceived voter base of the day. Those shitbirds are on their OWN side, not ours, not America’s side. They don’t have even a hint of half the sack to push through a nominee.

Back
Top Bottom