Cancer sucks!

Sorry to hear and sending prayers to you and your mother. It's hard to find anyone who hasn't been affected by cancer (personally or indirectly). Cancer sucks, and no one deserves it.

Praying for a speedy and successful recovery. As you said, you're probably in one of the best places in the nation for treatment, and with COVID on the retreat here, I hope it has minimal impact on your mother getting the care she deserves.
Thanks Joe! I never gave cancer much thought or really understood what it could do to a person or their family/loved ones. After just getting a taste of it so far I feel for those impacted. I know it's something many are aware of but until they are impacted it (which I pray never happens) they don't know much about how bad life can get without any other experiences. Even then, you learn to cope with it, learn to live with it to a degree. I appreciate everyday I have with my mother, especially considering while she was in the ICU on a ventilator fighting for her life for 3 weeks and could've died any one of those days.

Smoke and prayers headed your mom’s way. Make the most of every day you have.
Thank you, we are trying our best to stay positive. It's a bit hard as some of us (between my immediate family) want answers..are waiting for answers...but there or times of the day where I know I just need to think positively and act positively.

I think what I learned most from this experience so far, is even if the ABSOLUTE worse thing occurs in ANY given scenario, you learn to adapt and over come. So to anyone reading: no matter what challenge you or your loved ones are facing understand that there is always light on the other side and as well nothing is the end of the world.

Wishing your Mom the best for a positive outcome. I've lost family members to cancer and my wife recently finished her course of chemo and they want to do radiation now.

Thank you Wahsben! I'm so sorry for your losses, I mean that. I'm sorry for your wife's health however I'm really glad to read that she was able to complete chemo, although treatment isn't enjoyable or anything someone should deal with. I wish her the best of luck with radiation and let her know theres other people not far away in her same position! We'll get through this together, stay tough!!

I hope your mother beats it. f*** You Cancer!

Hell yah! If anyone can do it, my mom can, she's one tough lady. No matter how bad the odds are stacked against someone, can't throw in the towel till your last breath. I hope I'd be that strong in a particular scenario but truthfully no one knows until they are in this type of situation. Thank you for this reply!! F*** Cancer!

I hope for the best for your mom! I made it through and it changed my life for the best! I live every day like its a gift, no more working my ass off with no enjoyment.
Keep the faith and hope for the best! Everyone reading this post has no idea when their day will come so make the best of today!

Thank you for this reply! I'm sorry for what you went through, but can appreciate your new mindset after over coming it! You're one tough a** dude man to over come such a thing and have a great mindset! Life seems to be too short to worry about things TOO much. I appreciate the advice & I will try to never forget this.

Rat187: Me too. Along with Dana Farber. I was wheeled into the ER 16 years ago today, July 10, 2004. I didnt breath outside air for 8 weeks, and dont remember 6 of them.
I am thankful every day, especially for my 11 year old son who came along later, something my docs told me at the time might not be possible, due to my chemo treatments.

Cancer sucks. Treatment sucks.
Sometimes we come out the other side still on Earth. Either way its hell on loved ones.

OP thought and prayers for your mom.

Thank you very much. I have an idea from my mom's situation as to what you went through but of course not completely. Thank you for sharing this, Dana Farber seems to be absolutely amazing. It's nice to know that their people working there are teams and not just individuals. I'm so glad that you were able to push through life and be able to have great enjoyments such as having a child. All in all cancer sucks. Any cancer sucks. Any treatment sucks. Just sucks. But if you make it through, I'm sure it changes your world. It's absolutely hell on loved ones. That much I know, but it's important to always grow strong together, remember your relationships, and if your loved ones weren't lucky enough to come out on the other side, it's important to make sure their legacy lives on and to make them proud.

I finished school, which was a challenge & goal for me. I want to pursue a career in law enforcement which is a dream & challenge for me as well. This entire past 2 months (not including pandemic) has fueled my motivation to just live a good life with a good purpose & make other's important in my life proud.

Back
Top Bottom