• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NOTORIOUS RBG Back in Hospital

From that article:
"Ginsburg was treated for pancreatic cancer in 2019 and 2009, for lung cancer in 2018 and colon cancer in 1999."

OK:
pancreatic
lung
colon
liver

That's a whole lot of cancer going on.

Shes like an old rusted out, junk heap of a car that's always in need of repair, some new issue is always popping up,
always needs some new part, but you still throw money at it going in and out of the shop because you can't afford
a new one or bear to part with it.

No, it is your OPINION that she is an enemy to the Constitution; millions have the opposite opinion. I would love to see her do the right thing and resign, which she won't.
And let us not forget that before his treachery (as always, inspired by a woman), Arnold was the Continental Army's most effective general. While I won't shed a tear at her demise, neither will I root for it.
Yes, it is my opinion that her oath to “defend the Constitution” is inconsistent with revising it by legislating from the bench. Rather than appeal to justification by popularity, explain how RBG’s approach and outcome differ from taking no oath at all. And don’t expect anyone to trust anything to your “defense” if you use such a squishy definition.

Also not sure how you argue Arnold’s skill as a battlefield general diminishes his treachery. RBG is likewise plenty skilled while plenty unfaithful. Competence does not equal character.

Yes, it is my opinion that her oath to “defend the Constitution” is inconsistent with revising it by legislating from the bench. Rather than appeal to justification by popularity, explain how RBG’s approach and outcome differ from taking no oath at all.

I don't think @Obie1 needs to explain it, because he probably doesn't agree with it. But millions do.

You can't pretend they're unimportant or insignificant. I agree with you: RBG is misguided and wrong and it's unfortunate that she's on the bench. But she has the courage of her convictions, and she reflects what millions of others believe. I don't get it either. But that's all anyone is saying: there are opinions that differ from yours and mine. Ultimately, history will decide whose opinion matters more.

I don't think @Obie1 needs to explain it, because he probably doesn't agree with it. But millions do.

You can't pretend they're unimportant or insignificant. I agree with you: RBG is misguided and wrong and it's unfortunate that she's on the bench. But she has the courage of her convictions, and she reflects what millions of others believe. I don't get it either. But that's all anyone is saying: there are opinions that differ from yours and mine. Ultimately, history will decide whose opinion matters more.
Let’s have @Obie1 state his own position.

I don’t argue those opinions to be unimportant but untenable. And the people expressing untenable opinions ought to care. Why wait until we’re history to let value judgments be made? I propose we actually weigh opinions by their merits rather than simply say existence constitutes equal validity. Just imagine, people would actually challenge each other to reason things out. They might even convince others to agree with the most well-reasoned argument.

Some may opine that approach to be primitive vulgarity of a less egalitarian age. If so, call me old fashioned.

Last edited:
Imagine such a socially progressive Justice not hiring for her staff a single Black clerk during her 13 years on the US Court of Appeals and only one during her 25 years on the US Supreme Court-according to-

Why are you so petty? How about if we say that about you and your family. Your mother, sister, daughter. Die witch to them too? Or maybe you don't have a family, or if you do, they want nothing to do with you because of who and what you are.

Just because you have a bad and miserable life, and fate has thrown you a curve and held you back from doing anything good with your life, or being anyone important to anyone, no need to take it out on people who are sick.

1335E8EF-79B3-47BB-8D46-F122348C5A65.jpeg

Just giving her the same respect the left has for people we support.

Anything RBG has done for the people is overshadowed by what she has done against our constitution.
The fact that the old bat refuses to retire from office when she is no longer capable or able to perform her job, just shows how self centered she really is.

With that said.. die already and let America move on from your personal power trip and greed of position!

Last edited:
Stanford University 6Feb17-lecture "Meaningful Life', Justice Ginsburg 'If I were queen, there would be no death penalty'

She wouldn't be queen for very long!
Those that she spared the death penalty from would come back to finish the job!
Or she would be beheaded by another nation as no one would fight to keep her system alive!

Those who oppose us are equally convinced that their view of the constitution as a living document is equally valid.
It is a living document. It can be amended at any time. The lefts' claim is a strawman, since the amendment process allows for changing it at any time, now, or in the future. That is the very definition of a living document. They just pretend that it's not, because there is no will to change it on the part of the electorate.

It is a living document. It can be amended at any time. The lefts' claim is a strawman, since the amendment process allows for changing it at any time, now, or in the future. That is the very definition of a living document. They just pretend that it's not, because there is no will to change it on the part of the electorate.
Agreed. Our rights are inherent, but our country's system of government is based on political will, not laws. Those inherent rights are merely enumerated in the constitution.

We accuse the courts of legislating from the bench, but the fact of the matter is all they offer are opinions. Heck, that's even what they're legally called. OPINIONS. The founders purposely made the judicial branch the weakest one of the three because it counterbalanced the fact that once judges are appointed, they are appointed for life and though they can be impeached, the impeachment process is a very difficult and complicated process. As such it is exceedingly rare (as we've seen throughout our nation's over 200 year history) for a judge to be impeached (again due to a general lack of political will). The other two branches of the government - the elected branches - have the option and in some cases, the OBLIGATION, to disregard judicial opinions if they are in obvious conflict with the inherent constitutional rights of the individual. Of course this once again requires political will which - especially on the conservative side of the ideological spectrum - appears to be in critically short supply these days.

As usual we're our own worst enemies. We assume America is a nation of laws and as such, we can defend our political positions simply by quoting from the "rulebook". The problem is that the rulebook is only as good as those willing to defend it.

... We accuse the courts of legislating from the bench, but the fact of the matter is all they offer are opinions. Heck, that's even what they're legally called. OPINIONS. ...
4a0zut.jpg

but I think we could bear to part with this one

We? Sure.

But massive numbers of Americans will go into deep mourning when she goes. Guaranteed, they’ll televise her funeral too. Just one more symptom of the culture wars.

Back
Top Bottom