Rally - Stand With GOAL Against H.4121 June 18

It was quite clear that it was starting at 11:00AM. It wasn't as clear how long they intended to speak outside, but it was also clear that those who could should go inside and try to find their Senator and Rep. That was covered here and on the GOAL site.

This was not like the January 2013 rally or even the April 2013 rally. The first one was on a Saturday and we were lucky to have good weather. Most of the people at that rally had Saturday off, unlike today. People who work often can't just take the day off because their boss might just decide that they can do without them. I have friends who would likely have come, but if they don't work, they don't get paid. I'm lucky, I set my own schedule, most don't have luxury.

For mid week - mid day, we had a decent turn out. As I said earlier in this thread, now we have to get those who couldn't come to the rally to email and call the members of Ways and Means and their own Reps and Senators. Concentrate on that and not whining about how GOAL sucks and we're more likely to get this POS bill amended.

Because goal could organize even that. Many people didn't know that it was 11 sharp. It wasn't clear. I got there 11:40 it was over!
Goal sucks!

Because goal could organize even that. Many people didn't know that it was 11 sharp. It wasn't clear. I got there 11:40 it was over!
Goal sucks!
I thought it was pretty clear. You still could have went in and spoke to reps

Goal sucks!

How was that GOAL's fault?

What wasn't "clear"?

From email/GOAL newsletter..

Information:

* Reminder: City of Boston Parks & Rec Commission has regulation prohibiting CCW on the Boston Common which carries a fine of up to $50.00. Also, CCW is not allowed in the State House.
* Date: Wednesday June 18, 2014
* Time: 11:00 AM
* Location: Rally on Front Stairs of MA State House - we will then proceed inside to meet with legislators
* Transportation: MBTA Park Street Station on the Green Line.
* Driving: Directions, click on "directions" on the Google map below.
* GOAL urges all affiliated clubs to organize a charter bus service to transport your membership to this rally! Peter Pan bus lines is 2A friendly - click here for their website
* Printable Flyer: Click here to open an 8.5x11 .pdf of the flyer, print it out and hang it at your club, town hall, etc..

Flyer http://goal.org/Documents/June-18-Rally-Flyer.pdf

When: Wedesday June 18th 11:00 AM

First post in this thread... http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Rally-Stand-With-GOAL-Against-H-4121-June-18

Reminder: City of Boston Parks & Rec Commission has regualtion prohibiting CCW on the Boston Common which carries a fine of up to $50.00. Also, CCW is not allowed in the State House.
Date: Wednesday June 18, 2014
Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Rally on Front Stairs of MA State House - we will then proceed inside to meet with legislators

Pretty sure we saw linsky or a look a like watching the beginning of the rally. There was an intern next to us taking notes for a senator.

Pretty decent turnout but i hoped for more. Short notice midweek will do that though. Great speeches. Those who spoke and stood up there supporting us should all be thanked.

And if Leah Cole isn't married someone should fix that! Wifey material

Thanks to all who showed up.

Linsky was there, he just wanted tonsee who was there at the rally, doesnt have the testicles to come and speak why he wants to punish us.

Sent from the blind

I told my reps assistant that if you want common sense reforms and comprimise then you need to give stop pushing more restictions and undo some of the ones that you put in place. You want "unversial background checks?" get rid of the assault weapons ban, mag limits, ag list then we can have common sense. if I have a large cap lic why do I have to have restricted mags?

Not good: if I was gun control rep (NO MORE LARGE CAP LIC)

Here is an (incomplete) playlist of the speakers today. The list plays in order of popularity (not chronological order). We weren't able to capture and upload all of the speeches but this should give people an idea of what it was like:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlBJHSlpOssSM9fAPW9f2DLyNQD1xQA5d[/video]

How was that GOAL's fault?

What wasn't "clear"?

From email/GOAL newsletter..

Flyer http://goal.org/Documents/June-18-Rally-Flyer.pdf

First post in this thread... http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Rally-Stand-With-GOAL-Against-H-4121-June-18

Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Rally on Front Stairs of MA State House - we will then proceed inside to meet with legislators

Ugghhh, reminds me of the last rally (April 2013 I think?)
After all the speeches at the bandstand were over we all headed in to the statehouse

I get through the metal detector and the people who were ahead of me were just standing around looking dumb going
"Well now what do we do?"
Me: "Go talk to your Rep & Senator...."
"Ohh... I don't know who that is.... Man, GOAL really could have planned this part better."
Me: *facepalm* "Good luck guys."

Again, at that rally the flier was clear, there will be speeches then we all head inside to talk to our Reps. GOAL's website and emails included the links to find out who your rep is.... You can only do so much to help some people I guess.

Here is an (incomplete) playlist of the speakers today. The list plays in order of popularity (not chronological order). We weren't able to capture and upload all of the speeches but this should give people an idea of what it was like:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlBJHSlpOssSM9fAPW9f2DLyNQD1xQA5d[/video]

Excellent - thanks for posting.

Pretty bold of Boldyga to incite us (electorally) to refresh the tree of Liberty too:

Thomas Jefferson: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody that did show up. I think everybody needs to thanks the folks that spoke today, they're sticking their necks out a bit IMHO, I appreciate their willingness to address the issue so vigorously.

I went inside with a couple other guys and got maybe about 45 minutes with Rep John Rogers (Walpole/Norwood). He said he didn't know much about the bill so we spent the better part of the next 45 minutes trying to educate him. In the end I'm not sure that we got through to him, and if that's the case then he's got competition in the form of Tim Hempton (R) that I will throw my full support behind (hold signs, donate, etc) to unseat Rogers. Hopefully we got through to him but I'm not really sure.

We tried to meet with Senator Rush but I just was able to hand a letter to an aide.

I do think that delivering letters has an effect, John Rogers was pretty focused on mine during some of the conversation.

At the very least, keep flooding the State House with calls and letters and email.

First, thanks to everyone who went today, and to all our elected officials who are voting against this.

Those like the one above (John Rogers) will not come out and say they are voting against it. To me, this means they are too chicken-sh!t to admit to your face they are voting for it. Not only are they your enemy, they are cowardly. Double the reason to vote them out.

My rep (Frost), and Senator (Moore) are both on our side, fairly strongly. This allows me to spend my efforts on emailing the committees, and to work with these two to put together amendments to the bill, etc.

Thanks again to those who went, and also to those who spoke.

Does anyone know where to find the official list of candidates for the next election?

I just talked with my Rep's aid and Senator's Legislative aid today.... conveniently the house was called for a formal session while were all there.
I met up with some other folks from my district and we wandered around for a bit to see if we could track our rep down and instead met Rep. Kim Ferguson - who was awesome. She showed us around the the House chambers and tried texting our rep (Benson) to see if we could find her. She said she would have been out at the rally with us but had another meeting to go to.

Last edited:
I was surfing the local news stations for coverage and could find no coverage. Does anyone know if there was even a passing mention of todays events by the local media?

I also tried to see if I could get some of the free targets, er, MA gun law posters from the bookstore. The staff at the bookstore, to their credit, were helpful and went out of the way to look for them but came to the conclusion that they most have gotten discarded when they recently reorganized the store, and because they were likely outdated too....

Very disappointing showing! Maybe 200 at best. Previous rallies filled the state house stairs, the area across the street and piled deep into the Common. If we, the victims of this poorly cast legislation, can't muster greater interest in our 2nd Amendment rights; I guess we deserve what we get. Thanks to all that attended and to the Reps that spoke in our favor.

We don't "deserve what we get"....
We DESERVE our 2nd Amendment RIGHT. That's what we DESERVE.
200 people (or more) show up at 11am on a sweltering day, midweek, work day (as opposed to EBT beach day). Many more are writing and emailing and calling and.....

We DESERVE to be treated better than criminals. In this puke liberal state, maybe we are, maybe we aren't, but we DESERVE better than "what we get".

We don't "deserve what we get"....
We DESERVE our 2nd Amendment RIGHT. That's what we DESERVE.
200 people (or more) show up at 11am on a sweltering day, midweek, work day (as opposed to EBT beach day). Many more are writing and emailing and calling and.....

We DESERVE to be treated better than criminals. In this puke liberal state, maybe we are, maybe we aren't, but we DESERVE better than "what we get".

Constitutional Republic. Its very foundation was intended to prevent a tyranny of the majority!

Last edited:
Question: Rep Peterson (what an wesome guy!) said "Fight fight fight to July 31, because come August 1st, I can kill this bill myself, and I will'
(hear him in his speech in the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3iJORyE3I&index=8&list=PLlBJHSlpOssSM9fAPW9f2DLyNQD1xQA5d

What does he mean by this? How??

What I was told is that after July 31st, the end of this legislative session, any single Rep. can put a hold on any bill until the start of the next session. So my understanding is that it would "kill" the bill at least until the next session.

On August 1, the General Court goes into "informal session". During that period a single no vote on a bill will kill it for the remainder of the session. Of course, DeLeo can force it through before that if he really wants to. The legislative process is very, very, convoluted, but that's how the Reps and Senators seem to like it. Bills can appear to be dead and then spring to life. OTOH, they can appear to be set to pass and suddenly die. I guess that's why they call it politics.

Question: Rep Peterson (what an wesome guy!) said "Fight fight fight to July 31, because come August 1st, I can kill this bill myself, and I will'
(hear him in his speech in the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3iJORyE3I&index=8&list=PLlBJHSlpOssSM9fAPW9f2DLyNQD1xQA5d

What does he mean by this? How??

I wish my rep was like shauna...in both ideology and looks! I stayed around fanuel hall .tonight for some fiod and drink, got to listen to a lot of yuppie like people complaining that the president should just declare all semi auto machine guns illegal???? I wanted to bang mybhead on the table, you cant grow that kind of stupid its genetic

Sent from the blind

For folks who haven't spoken to their reps before:

When you enter at the "General Hooker Entrance" (see my pic above), after the metal detectors there's a folder with a directory of all the Senators and Representatives.

What I was told is that after July 31st, the end of this legislative session, any single Rep. can put a hold on any bill until the start of the next session. So my understanding is that it would "kill" the bill at least until the next session.

Probably prevents them from pulling any underhanded shit and holding a vote during recess or lame duck session when no one is paying attention or cares..

This year is also the end of the 2nd annual session, meaning starting 01/06/15, they have to start all over again.

Redraft the bill, submit it, go through the committee process, etc.

There's the potential for changes in the legislature (on our side, or against), changes in committee chairs and members.

One thing that sucks in that regard, Peterson, is retiring at the end of the year. [sad2]

Last edited:
I wish my rep was like shauna...in both ideology and looks! I stayed around fanuel hall .tonight for some fiod and drink, got to listen to a lot of yuppie like people complaining that the president should just declare all semi auto machine guns illegal???? I wanted to bang mybhead on the table, you cant grow that kind of stupid its genetic

Sent from the blind

But everything's gonna be fine if we just let the "Commander in Chief" handle everything...
I like to sometimes ask the Starbucks-crowd idiots to name one - just ONE - accomplishment by this "great leader" since January 2009....

"Go ahead, give me ONE, just ONE great or good thing that this president has accomplished in even ONE of his TWO THOUSAND days in office.
Go ahead. Please. Name ONE accomplishment.....???"

Used to be they'd say "Um...um....Hmmm....well..um...he gave us Obamacare!!"
They don't even say THAT anymore.

You should've asked the Faneuil Hall "Ban Guns!!" crowd how they were getting home to their condo in the deep South End. Walking? Down Washington Street or Shawmut Ave, at 130 am?
More like "TAXI" !!!!!!! (oops, sorry, the yups prefer "UBER"!!!!!).
You might also ask them why the Boston Police (patrol and private details) at Faneuil Hall happen to be ARMED rather than UNARMED....

Even better, ask the ones who live in, for example, Savin Hill, Dorchester (or the Fort Hill, Roxbury ones) if they're taking the Red Line or Orange Line MBTA home, maybe walking the 7 to 9 blocks from the T station to their apartment....and ask them if they'd like to pay you to be their "Armed Security Guard" for their stroll...
They'll answer "You're crazy! Nothing like that ever happens to us" blah blah blah....
And they will steadfastly utter that same drivel, right up to the night they are confronted by some CRIMINAL who simply doesn't want their cash, doesn't want their jewelry, and simply wants to KILL THEM, for no other reason than just for being better off in life than they are in their miserable meth/crack/heroin/coke/career criminal/whatever existence.

And at that point, at that exact second when they are about to be knifed to death, what Obama wants to do about assault rifles will be the absolute FURTHEST thought from their Liberal yuppie backwards thinking Massachusetts minds. And this is one of the biggest problems with the Libs - they just steadfastly believe that since nothing terrible has ever happened to them, it never will, and they steadfastly believe that if they just lower their heads, make no eye contact, and walk a little more briskly, that the criminal(s) will just leave them alone. Go away, Disappear.

Or that they, if the situation DOES get dangerous, can simply dial 911 (from their cell phone!!) and the heroes will just beam down (via an I Dream of Jeannie blink /Bewitched nose wiggle) and appear and SAVE THEIR LIBERAL ASS!!! This is honestly what these liberal idiot nitwits believe, and it's why I jam stories like the 'Amy Lord South Boston daylight walking to the gym random kidnapping attack/brutal murder' down their liberal throats whenever I get the chance to.

Violence? Attack by a violent criminal?
"Won't happen to me".

That's probably what poor Amy thought, too....

Last edited:
I got an email from the Mass Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers to call my reps to oppose this bill, due to increased automatic sentences. I suspect the ACLU will oppose it for the same reasons.
_----_-----------------
M A C D L
Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers

ACTION ALERT!!
Contact Massachusetts House leadership TODAY to urge them to REJECT these extreme sentencing changes for youth in H.4184.

The Massachusetts Judiciary Committee has reported a bill (H.4184) out which may come up for a House of Representatives floor vote as early as TODAY, 6/18!

Unfortunately, the bill contains provisions which significantly undermine the Supreme Judicial Court's recent decision granting Massachusetts youth convicted of murder a meaningful chance at parole after they had served at least 15 years in prison. The bill changes parole eligibility to 20-25 years for those convicted of felony murder, and 25-30 years in other cases. The bill also gives the Parole Board the unprecedented ability to impose a 10 year wait before an individual who is denied parole has the chance to go before the parole board again.
Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo (D) [email protected], (617) 722-2500

Majority Leader Ronald Mariano (D) [email protected], (617) 722-2300

Speaker Pro Tempore Patricia Haddad (D) [email protected], (617) 722-2600

Majority Whip Byron Rushing (D) [email protected], (617) 722-2783

Minority Leader Bradley Jones (R) [email protected], (617) 722-2100

Last edited:
Great day for a rally, I had to burn a vacation day to get there but it was worth it in my opinion. I hope I got to put a face to the emails and phone calls. Our biggest problem getting more than a couple hundred people to the state hose is, we HAVE to miss work. My discussion with my wife while driving Boston was "Why should we have to use our vacation and spend 25 bucks to park to beg for a right?? I told her because we (collectively) kept compromising to prove we were reasonable gun owners. We should never compromise a right.

Back
Top Bottom