• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rally - Stand With GOAL Against H.4121 June 18

22 I think? with an asian chick?
Don't know, I really only saw the camera man at one point walking around getting some close ups of people holding posters/signs. I was near the edge of the crowd to be in the front of the line going in to the statehouse.

That guy was a free lancer that shoots pro constitution/tea party type events and sells footage, I think he was there mostly to get the speeches of the elected officials recorded so that he could sell the footage to them for campaigns etc...

I met with many Reps and Sens over the past couple days.

Rep. Betty Poirier (R) - N. Attleboro: My area Rep - Betty said that our letters and email response has been extremely impressive. Right on her desk she had a group of yesterdays responses - 6 opposed, 1 supporting - said that opposition rate was consistent with her previous responses. Betty asked that besides the Reps, we also heavily focus on Speaker DelLeo's office. Literally inundate his phones and emails. They would like to keep the Bill from being voted on before the session ends, and are looking to submit their own Bill.

Betty asked that besides the Reps, we also heavily focus on Speaker DelLeo's office. Literally inundate his phones and emails.

Interesting, as the one that proposed the bill, I figured he'd be the least likely to listen to criticism. Called his office, left quick voicemail stating opposition to H4121, keeping fingers crossed.

I went, heard the speeches, and went in and met with my Rep, Carolyn Dykema. She said the suitability and FTF issues are the biggest obstacles to the legislation, and we should 'feel good' that there isn't a 7 round mag limit in the bill.

She was pretty knowledgeable on the [STRIKE=.]bull[/STRIKE], err, BILL, and disagrees with the FTF limit and the suitability clause for FID, but if pressed to vote on it 'as-is' she still supports it because 'the good outweighs the bad'. What a fricken waste of time.

I politely told her that if she casts a yea vote on this bill, that I could not longer support her as my rep and THIS was my 'wedge issue' (not that I did to start), and that I would enlist the 500+ members of my gun club and their spouses that lived in her district to also withhold support.

She actually called me at home today, I missed the call, but she left her cell # and asked me to call her back. Although she did take the time to track down (google) my phone # as I don't think I included it in my letter, just my address.

i just need to write down my talking points ahead of time, I have a tendency to get angry at canned responses. If I get angry I'm not helping anybody.

although, if she tells me I should "feel good" there's no mag limit, I may not be able to control myself. (Oh thank you thank you thank you for allowing me to have 7 rounds....)[rolleyes]
Hell, even 17th century pirates carried multiple pistols to get around their "mag limit"....and they were...criminals.

I'm damn well going to make sure that I mention Brad Wyatt's name and that I've donated even though I'm not in his district. When Naughton killed any further hearings on the bill he made it quite clear that he felt our "discussion"/"conversation" was at an end............but I'm not done speaking yet.

...I'm damn well going to make sure that I mention Brad Wyatt's name and that I've donated even though I'm not in his district. When Naughton killed any further hearings on the bill he made it quite clear that he felt our "discussion"/"conversation" was at an end............but I'm not done speaking yet.

Brad said he is willing to meet with gun owners representatives (NES!?) to get ideas. I think he is very favorable to our side, but not 100% up to speed on the topic yet. This would be in Worcester most likely. Do you think we could get 10-15 NES'rs to come to a discussion? This could very well retire to a local place for a less formal talking session.

Popped by during lunch yesterday, the rally may have been small but not a bad turnout for a Wednesday afternoon. It's actually nice the tour buses come through too I saw a guy enthusiastically cheering from one!

Reupped my membership to GOAL today!

Brad said he is willing to meet with gun owners representatives (NES!?) to get ideas. I think he is very favorable to our side, but not 100% up to speed on the topic yet. This would be in Worcester most likely. Do you think we could get 10-15 NES'rs to come to a discussion? This could very well retire to a local place for a less formal talking session.
I can attend. I promise I'll leave my libertarian/anarchist views at home!

Depending on date/time I am willing. Been a long time since I had a conversation with a politician though...

I would meet meet with him, I've been to his building in Worcester before and met him briefly.

Back
Top Bottom