Question about 1911s...

Chris said:
What's wrong with stainless pistols?

Not a thing. I just want a blue or parkerized 1911, that's all. Just a change of pace.

Some things are supposed to be a particular way. A 1911 shouldn't be silver colored. (If you'd ever seen my bro's chrome-plated Llama Large-Frame .45 auto, you'd understand. )

Nickle said:
mark056 said:
One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post, is when is Ross going up to Four Seasons to pick up his S&W 1911 ? The one that keeps saying: "buy me Ross, buy me Ross" you don't need to build a gun. :D

Mark

What Ross really needs to do is BOTH. Buy the Smith and build one himself, that is.

Ross would LOVE to do that! Who's giving me the extra $700 to do it with? [lol]

Anyone?
cricket2.gif

Gawd...I just love those large frame Llamas. Does his have the ventilated rib on the slide and genuine imitation mother of pearl grips ?

There are probably places on this earth where you could flash one of those and all of a sudden have a dozen followers call you el Jefe and be ready to have you lead them in a revolucion. I would venture to say too that flashing that ordnance would probably get you "comped" by the management in certain South of the Border establishments staffed by members of the world's oldest profession.

Although .45 ACP is great, a purist would insist upon a Llama Chrome Plated Large Frame in .38 Super to have it exacly right.

Viva el hermano de Ross !

Mark

Ventilated rib, yes. Mother of Pearl grips, thank G-D, NO.

Mike's older brother is a NJ Statie, and he was going to turn the pistol into a wall hanging. Then Mike landed a uniformed security position, and needed something a little larger than his Charter Arms .38. Unfortunately, the Llama was already chromed by that time...

But with a new Nat'l Match barrel and bushing in it, it shoots pretty good. :D I remember that about 4 days after my father died, Mike and another friend came to collect me, dragged me down to Hudson County Pistol Range, bought about 4-5 boxes of reloads and handed me the Llama and the ammo. I annihilated the center of a LOT of silhouette targets that day - I had a good deal of anger that I needed to deal with, and a .45 is a great way to do it.

BTW... a hallmark of a true friend is that a true friend will stick with you even when you're being a surly, unpleasant ass because of emotional issues that you have to deal with. Mike is a True Friend.

mark056 said:
Nickle,

I think that is a great idea. Ross buys the S&W at Four Seasons, then builds his own 1911A1 from parts. Then he invites all the Forum members to a 1911 Schuezenfest that he hosts in Hudson where we all shoot our 1911's plus Ross's. We might even let Ross shoot a few rounds through his own guns before we rip through a couple of cases of military ball in them. I also think that if Juergin comes over from Germany, Ross ought to pick up the airline ticket. To celebrate Ross's good fortune of having multiple 1911's he then buys beer for all of us after we shoot.

Whatta ya think ?

Mark

Only if he has Juergin bring the beer with him, and Ross picks up the tab for it. 8)

dwarven1 said:
Nickle said:
mark056 said:
One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post, is when is Ross going up to Four Seasons to pick up his S&W 1911 ? The one that keeps saying: "buy me Ross, buy me Ross" you don't need to build a gun. :D

Mark

What Ross really needs to do is BOTH. Buy the Smith and build one himself, that is.

Ross would LOVE to do that! Who's giving me the extra $700 to do it with? [lol]

Anyone?
cricket2.gif

I'll give you $15,000 Ross!

Seriously!

.......Just the money is currently tied up in Nirobi.....so if you could PM me with a Bank Account and you need to front $1400 for bribes to get the money off the continet undetected. 8)

Of course I'll probably need a little more money to withstand questioning from certain Dwarven-types about "Where's My Money Weer'd!?" and "Why do YOU have a custom-build 1911, AND a S&W 617??!!?"

T R U S T M E!!! I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHERS! [lol]

-Weer'd Beard

dwarven1 said:
Cross-X said:
mark056 said:

Mark

Surely it couldn't be that Ross is all talk and little action, could it? [lol]

This from a lawyer? [wink]

Uhh, Ross, when it comes to buying guns, I haven't done much talking, but I have been saying "I'll take it!" almost too much.

Here is my most recent m.o. -- See gun, like gun, buy gun. Next!

I just picked up a brand new Auto-Ordnance Army WW2 copy 1911a1 45acp for $389 and we put 250rds+ thru it without a problem it went flawless at the range. I also picked up the Springfield Armory G.I. WW2 1911a1 45acp for $419 but i haven't shot it yet.

I picked up some new full length guide rods w/18# recoil springs for $14 each and installed it in my Auto-Ordnance and my Norinco 1911a1's. The 18# spring works great with Wolf 45acp ammo.

What dealer has em for $389?

Four Seasons is the cheapest I know in MASS and I thought they were about $480.

LenS said:
Some not so complimentary things said about Kahr/AO's warranty support (and quality control issues).

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6481

I don't know if you have to register to read their threads. Very good forum focused on CCW issues.

You do; I don't have time this AM to do all that but I'll read it tonight after Lodge.

I can't imagine where all these bad reports are coming from. These reporters must be reporting on the 'older' versions (vertical seration slide and before) because everyone I've heard of that got the new ones are very pleased.

The last link posted above ends:

"Auto Ord had said that new parts were to be shipped from the facory ASAP. Those parts were received in yesterday's mail, and the barrel is absolutely perfect. It is actually one of the finer examples of a GI-spec barrel that I have seen in a long time. I note that the locking lugs on this one are much taller (full spec) and sharper, and the lockup with the this barrel is exceptional."

This sounds like the new parts are finally getting out and the guy had old ones to start with.

The one I handled was bought new this past summer. It was a lemon. It makes perfect sense that they might have improved after making more.

If it runs for that much, it is a good deal. If there are some problems, a 1911 smith could probably fix it for short money.

I think that the big issue on what I posted was "customer service", rather than quality of parts. Ergo, if you know that the old parts aren't up to snuff, for heavens sake, don't ship them as replacement parts to someone with a problem!

Back
Top Bottom