• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Enterprise Arms Incorporated L1A1 Questions

Dreadknaught65

NES Member
I have an EAI L1A1 my buddy is claiming is preban. I live in NH so preban doesn't really matter to me, but this one has sat where other .308s aren't. Given this, im considering finding it a new home across the border. It's an Irwindale, CA with an ABNI marked receiver. From what I understand, this would make it preban. What can you guys tell me about this one?
20240124_002139.jpg

I don't recall the preban status of that one - but as I recall ABNI were solid receivers. Commonwealth inch pattern, I think? The falfiles.com will have a boatload more detail.

I ended up building an STG-58 on an Imbel, so I stayed on the metric side of the FAL world.

Is it preban? Yes. Yes, it is. All the early Entreprise receivers are preban, and excellent. The later Entreprise receivers are neither.

Is the paint job vomitty? Yes. Yes, it is. It's difficult to mess up a FAL, but whoever applied that paint job succeeded.

Is the railed dust cover an abomination against god and nature? Yes. Yes, it is. The ghost of Dieudonne Saive is currently weeping.

Is it preban? Yes. Yes, it is. All the early Entreprise receivers are preban, and excellent. The later Entreprise receivers are neither.

Is the paint job vomitty? Yes. Yes, it is. It's difficult to mess up a FAL, but whoever applied that paint job succeeded.

Is the railed dust cover an abomination against god and nature? Yes. Yes, it is. The ghost of Dieudonne Saive is currently weeping.
Thanks for the info. Paint job wasn't originally mine, but I don't mind it

Good rifle, questionable paint job, but hey what the heck it’s a gun. Like stickers on a car or laptop, people do what they want amiright.

Back
Top Bottom