Tippman Arms M4 .22

My wife bought one last year. Likes it. It's well made and no plastic. I took off sights and put a Burris AR 332 on it. She hits the steel every time. She had a chance last month to shoot a SW 15/22 and said there is no comparison. Mags are a little quirky but function fine.

Anyone on here own one?
Looking for the cons on them. Interwebs is full of sponsored reviews and tend to be one sided.

Theres a monthly rimfire-only walls of steel type shoot down here so it'd be used for that.

Any particular ammo it doesn't work well with?

Is the serial number greater or less than 20,000? (seems to be a turning point according to the forums, proprietary vs common spec stuff)

Any particular ammo it doesn't work well with?
Haven't found any yet. Usually shoot Mini Mags but have shot Federal, Lapua and Thunderbolt with zero issues. Knock wood.

Is the serial number greater or less than 20,000? (seems to be a turning point according to the forums, proprietary vs common spec stuff)
Hers is 32XXX if that means anything.

didn't know they made guns too. they make great paintball guns, can run them all day without a hiccup. my friends with their gucci automags and autocockers were always breaking down and I never had a problem. drop on the ground, smash on a tree, run and dive or knee slide into a bunker, thing just kept ticking. there was a lot of value to be willing to play hard when other people were afraid to scratch their $2k autococker setup

Shot an e-mail off to the dealer down this way for availability and lead time, which also happens to be out of the club that runs this monthly, and Tippman is a sponsor for some national match there in October, so when in rome............

I picked one up. but still haven’t shot it yet. I’m impressed with the build. Does anyone have a good source for spare Tippman mags that are not $28 each? would like to pick up a few.

I picked one up. but still haven’t shot it yet. I’m impressed with the build. Does anyone have a good source for spare Tippman mags that are not $28 each? would like to pick up a few.
Tippmann uses a funky proprietary mag design, no cheaper aftermarkets to my knowledge.

FWIW, I put a CMMG 22 conversion kit in my first AR build. Runs great with Mini Mags and accuracy is AOK from the 1/9 barrel. Fun but would be more fun with standard capacity mags rather than commie state 10 round mags.

Trying to narrow down what won't for for ammo.
Anything plated works well (according to the forums)
Ran mine last Sunday at the New Bedford Steel Plate match. Digested Federal Auto Match without a hiccup. I've also used Norma Tac 22 and Mini Mags which also ran fine.

Ran mine last Sunday at the New Bedford Steel Plate match. Digested Federal Auto Match without a hiccup. I've also used Norma Tac 22 and Mini Mags which also ran fine.
What's the most distance you would shoot in that match? Just trying to get a feel for accuracy and if I should swap in a dedicated 22 barrel in case I do that sometime.

What's the most distance you would shoot in that match? Just trying to get a feel for accuracy and if I should swap in a dedicated 22 barrel in case I do that sometime.
so, a 200yds drop on the subsonic 22lr will be around 7 MRAD, on most scopes at max magnification it would be close to the base of the reticle, so it would not go beyond that.
from what i understand most ranges would be within 100-120 yds, like 40-60-100 combos, so you shoot it with the scope zeroed at 50yds and it stays on 0.
also keeping in mind that short zero for 50 is around 25yds.

Thanks, I think I'd be ok for that.

@paul73 , I have a bull barrel PRS style 10/22 for the long distance games. I put a 20 MOA Raul on it. Decided on my own to zero at 50. Seems that is a popular choice. Thx
i sent a notice a bit before of caliber armory doing a sale on norma tac-22 - get it while it is in stock, they limit it to a case - 20 packs. it is worth it.

didn't know they made guns too. they make great paintball guns, can run them all day without a hiccup. my friends with their gucci automags and autocockers were always breaking down and I never had a problem. drop on the ground, smash on a tree, run and dive or knee slide into a bunker, thing just kept ticking. there was a lot of value to be willing to play hard when other people were afraid to scratch their $2k autococker setup
They make industrial sewing machines and looms too. They used to have a contract for making M2 Browning parts and various other millings/castings for gattling guns. I'm sure due to their gig similar to Ruger's Pine Tree Casting division making parts for FN or someone else got them interested in full manufacture.

so, a 200yds drop on the subsonic 22lr will be around 7 MRAD, on most scopes at max magnification it would be close to the base of the reticle, so it would not go beyond that.
from what i understand most ranges would be within 100-120 yds, like 40-60-100 combos, so you shoot it with the scope zeroed at 50yds and it stays on 0.
also keeping in mind that short zero for 50 is around 25yds.
Question, would a Ruger American mag fed bolt action be a good platform to shoot in these types of rifle steel challenge matches, or is a semi-auto the way to go ?

Question, would a Ruger American mag fed bolt action be a good platform to shoot in these types of rifle steel challenge matches, or is a semi-auto the way to go ?
i am not shooting those matches, to be clear. want to, but, still only on a sidelines.
the 2 semi auto .22lr guns i have - one built from cmmg and other is a bear creek - both are AR15s platform - they are nowhere near accuracy of my cz 457 mtr varmint.

the bear creek shoots mostly around 2-3moa at 100yds, cmmg was way worse with close to 5-6 inch spread. you need to use supersonic ammo usually to be able to cycle the weapon.
the cci mini mags - the typical ammo of choice for semi auto - are not that accurate to begin with. it all adds up.

so it all boils down to practical distances to the target and size of the target. if the task is to ring a 2" plate at 100yds - no luck. if it is a 5" plate at 50 yds - why not. etc.

Owned a 15-22 years ago and looking for a .22 AR as a trainer again. What do you like better about the Tippmann?

Considering the 11” pistol myself
The quality, cannot compare. I took it out of the box and without any adjustments was hitting targets at 50 yards,

Back
Top Bottom