Quality .22 handgun... does it exsist?

Their are many quality 22 pistols, however unlike most other calibers, high quality .22lr is made by very few manufacturers and is very hard to find since we "can't" buy this ammo online in Mass. It's the using of the less than high quality .22lr that can be found locally, that makes it seem as if the guns are flawed.

Agreed! Because I own a GSG5 (they are a bit finnicky about ammo), I have tried every brand of ammo available locally in bulk. I have found that of the two most common ammos, one sucks ass and one is really decent. Remington 550 pack golden bullets suck, and Winchester 333, now repackaged as 555 in larger quantities is pretty darn good. I shoot my .22 out to 250 yards all the time and this stuff is consistent. At close ranges it is more accurate than I am.

The 555 ammo is 36gr HP 1280 fps
Remington gold bullet 10 out of 550 were 0 fps

My P22 has had problems.

Got a used Ruger Mark I last week for $199. It is in great shape, acurate, and seems to feed almost anything. There is a trick to taking it apart and putting it back together, but it only took a minute to learn it. Ran 500 rounds of various makes through it and all went fine. Standard and high velocity.

Back
Top Bottom