"Protected by Smith & Wesson"

Personally, I think that nothing says "I don't care for people coming by without an appointment" like a bunch of heads on pikes along the driveway.

Generally gets the point across, and you don't need to make it mulit-lingual, and worry about looking like an idiot due to a bad translation.

I don't have these kinds of stickers on my house, but, to those who think it encourages a break-in because crooks will know guns are there; does that mean I shouldn't target shoot on my property because someone will know I have guns??

I don't have these kinds of stickers on my house, but, to those who think it encourages a break-in because crooks will know guns are there; does that mean I shouldn't target shoot on my property because someone will know I have guns??

Nice, thanks for rubbing that in for us MA folks![rolleyes][laugh]

Personally, I think that nothing says "I don't care for people coming by without an appointment" like a bunch of heads on pikes along the driveway.

Generally gets the point across, and you don't need to make it mulit-lingual, and worry about looking like an idiot due to a bad translation.

A guy that lives across the road from me is kind of a weirdo, and actually has very real looking headstones in his backyard, which can be seen when looking down his driveway. I think he originally put them there as a Halloween prop, but has left them in place for about 5 years now. I watch out my window as the 10-13 year olds dare each other to run into his yard and try to peak in the windows... see, it can work either way...[wink]

Good point, I guess the seceret is out at my house.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

A guy that lives across the road from me is kind of a weirdo, and actually has very real looking headstones in his backyard, which can be seen when looking down his driveway. I think he originally put them there as a Halloween prop, but has left them in place for about 5 years now. I watch out my window as the 10-13 year olds dare each other to run into his yard and try to peak in the windows... see, it can work either way...[wink]

Until one of the kids "moves away" and there's a new "prop" in the back yard. [shocked]

I prefer the low profile approach. I don't like to advertise in the real world or on Fakebook, had an NRA sticker on my Wrangler but I took it off.

Don't have a sticker, but this will clearly show my car is protected by S&W

a6898bb4-b052-1d1c.jpg

I have a pile of stickers that I was trying to think of where to place.

Not on my house, not on my truck, not on my computer....

On my water bottle! Perfect idea! Thanks, Boghog!

i have some on the back window of the car..... "coexist" with gun logos, a couple zombie response team... "stay back 100m or you will be shot"

none on the house though (and i back into my driveway...) most of the stickers end up on the inside of the ammo cabinet door.....

Call me paranoid but I don't like the fact that the cashier at Wal-Mart gets to see where I live when I am buying ammo.

You remind me of my sister-in-law's mothering technique. Instead of talking to my nieces and nephew about what was acceptable or not (e.g. "We're going in a restaurant so you have to sit quietly and use your indoor voices."), she'd wait until they made a fart noise, then yell at them in front of everyone and lead my nephew out by the ear. Totally reactive. Not pretty, and not tactful. How did he know it was wrong to make funny noises? Was he a bad kid? I don't think so. He just wasn't given the right guidance ahead of time.

If you don't set (your kids', your girlfriends', wives', etc.) expectations up-front, what right do we have to be upset when those expectations aren't met?

I talked about it with her. She thought it was fine because they were her close friends.
If I didnt talk to her about it I wouldnt flip out.

I always set my expectations. Ask her about it (if you ever meet her at a shoot), she will tell you. [smile]

I'm in the camp of "concealed means concealed"! Anytime you put stickers like that on your car it can only invite trouble. I know if I was a thief, I would know exactly which house (or car) I would target once I was certain that there was no one home. I have tried to also teach my kids that they are not to EVER brag at school, or anyplace else about all of the cool guns dad has. Nothing good ever comes of that.

We've told our daughter that our guns are sort of like or private parts: We don't talk about them, or answer questions about them. Ditto for street address and phone numbers.

How about "trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"

This is a really really bad sticker to display. If you ever shoot somebody on your property, you may be charged and the prosecutor will show this sticker to the jury to argue that you are a murderer . Worse yet if you shoot the person twice and first shot was non lethal.

Last edited:
I like the sticker that says, "we don't call 911, we call 1911''.

This is another sticker that would be unwise to put on your house. Calling 911 should be your first action. The 1911 should be used only if absolutely necessary. This sticker implies that you want to take the law into your own hands. I know it's meant to be a joke, but it won't be so funny when you are charged with homocide.

This is another sticker that would be unwise to put on your house. Calling 911 should be your first action. The 1911 should be used only if absolutely necessary. This sticker implies that you want to take the law into your own hands. I know it's meant to be a joke, but it won't be so funny when you are charged with homocide.

that would not happen in a free state. It is so sad that we have to think about how a stupid sticker would look in court.

The spirit of America my a**.

Back
Top Bottom