Proposal to come before Lexington Town Meeting

Does Lexington have some quaint, unwritten 'agreement' that discourages people from putting up lawn signs... even political ones?

When I lived in Somerville about 15 years ago, they had something like that in place.

There was no bylaw against it, even though it would be illegal to ban political signs, people actually abided by it.

The 3-4 years I lived there I don't recall ever seeing any signs on peoples yards.

Go to neighboring Cambridge, and they were flourishing everywhere.

Someone out to set up game cams and out whoever is doing it.

Coat the back of the sign with this...

Or1z9Zt.jpg

" About Tree Tanglefoot

Tree Tanglefoot Insect Barrier is a sticky, caramel colored paste made from natural gum resins, vegetable oil and wax. When applied as a continuous band around the trunks of shade trees, fruit trees, plants or vines, it creates a barrier that effectively entraps or repels destructive climbing insects.

The combination of ingredients is non-toxic to insects, humans, pets and the environment. Tree Tanglefoot works strictly in a mechanical fashion. It is listed by the Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) for use in organic gardening."

The stuff is like glue traps, only worse.

It'll take the person days before they get all the pieces of sign unstuck from themselves.

FYI......just heard on Howie Carr.....remember that the US government was looking into putting Mexican kids at Hanscom ? Seems like they changed their minds and now want to put Syrian families there. Now THERE is a good reason for keeping your guns ! Wait until the "beautiful people" hear that

Last edited:
FYI......just heard on Howie Carr.....remember that the US government was looking into putting Mexican kids at Hanscom ? Seems like they changed their minds and now want to put Syrian families there. Now THERE is a good reason for keeping your guns ! What until the "beautiful people" hear that

The proponent of Article 34, Robert Rotberg is also pushing for bringing the refugees to Hanscom.

The proponent of Article 34, Robert Rotberg is also pushing for bringing the refugees to Hanscom.

How about this a-hole stays unarmed and invites the refugees into HIS house!! He is a Harvard prof. I am sure that he has plenty of room.

The rest of us should keep our guns and the refugees away.

We don't need anymore people using force of govt to tell us how to live our lives.

How about this a-hole stays unarmed and invites the refugees into HIS house!! He is a Harvard prof. I am sure that he has plenty of room.

The rest of us should keep our guns and the refugees away.

We don't need anymore people using force of govt to tell us how to live our lives.

Far be it for me to defend Lexington's D-bag in Residence, but how is the government housing Syrian refugees on an Air Force base temporarily telling you how to live your life?

Last edited:
There is NO SUCH THING as a temporary government program, and you can assume that these refugees will be given free transportation to Burlington Mall and you can imagine how it will effect public schools in the area

The Lexington Police will soon have a lot more to worry about than law-abiding gun owners, not to mention Bedford, Concord and Carlisle.......I don't know if Carlisle even has a police dept.

I'm not a detective, but could you tied aid betting terrorist within refuge by disarming the surrounding town near Hanscom? Lexington is next to Hanscom.

Does Lexington have some quaint, unwritten 'agreement' that discourages people from putting up lawn signs... even political ones?

When I lived in Somerville about 15 years ago, they had something like that in place.

There was no bylaw against it, even though it would be illegal to ban political signs, people actually abided by it.

The 3-4 years I lived there I don't recall ever seeing any signs on peoples yards.

Go to neighboring Cambridge, and they were flourishing everywhere.

Coat the back of the sign with this...

Or1z9Zt.jpg

" About Tree Tanglefoot

Tree Tanglefoot Insect Barrier is a sticky, caramel colored paste made from natural gum resins, vegetable oil and wax. When applied as a continuous band around the trunks of shade trees, fruit trees, plants or vines, it creates a barrier that effectively entraps or repels destructive climbing insects.

The combination of ingredients is non-toxic to insects, humans, pets and the environment. Tree Tanglefoot works strictly in a mechanical fashion. It is listed by the Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) for use in organic gardening."

The stuff is like glue traps, only worse.

It'll take the person days before they get all the pieces of sign unstuck from themselves.

Your not kidding . I've used that stuff
I think it's made from Satan's snot.

That is what my wife said, I said that nothing will come of it in a libtard town, they will look on them as "patriots" or give them an award.

She says I am being too negative, that they will prosecute them... yeah right [tinfoil]

There's no need for "They" .
Post the video's all over the place online and stills all over town.
Make em famous [smile]
Justice is what you take for yourself.

Wouldn't it be great if whomever was doing the stealing was outed and then somehow, mysteriously, "No On 34" signs started appearing on their lawn(s)???

I like how you think. This would work wonders.

There's no need for "They" .
Post the video's all over the place online and stills all over town.
Make em famous [smile]
Justice is what you take for yourself.

And this is exactly what to do. Oh, some folks will still support this drivel. But others that were indifferent may not be so indifferent after. If it's the work of the D-bag or his minions, then outing them publicly will usually erode a lot of that support they had. It turns them into the dirtbags they claim are the problem in the first place.

FYI......just heard on Howie Carr.....remember that the US government was looking into putting Mexican kids at Hanscom ? Seems like they changed their minds and now want to put Syrian families there. Now THERE is a good reason for keeping your guns ! Wait until the "beautiful people" hear that

They will welcome them with open arms.

Far be it for me to defend Lexington's D-bag in Residence, but how is the government housing Syrian refugees on an Air Force base temporarily telling you how to live your life?

As long as they are spending my tax $ to transport, house, and feed future terrorists it is.

Let's get back on topic.

The Lexington citizens group is asking for respectful support at the town meeting on April 6. Please see below from LexForLiberty.org.

To all those who are planning to use their 1st Amendment Rights to protect their Second, please be aware of the following:

At the Town Meeting on April 6.

1) The Chief of Police has asked for no concealed or open carry, regardless of license , and will not admit anyone who is. They will use metal detectors and bag checks. Please avoid incident and respect the Chiefs’ authority, even if you disagree with it.
2) People should dress as you would for a traditional business meeting. Range attire and/or clothing with political/firearm themed messages will not help articulate the arguments against the Resolution.
3) If you speak, don’t use accusatory or intimidating language. Stick to the facts. You will have a better chance of speaking if you “pre-register” with Moderator Brown before the meeting, who will call on you (see below).
4) Clapping and cheering and otherwise being overly vocal will work against the effort, whereas calm, quiet presence, acknowledged by those who speak, will be much more effective than loud obnoxiousness.

Our main focus is defeating Article 34 at the Town Meeting on April 6. However, mark your calendars and stay tuned for details of a “Protest Town Meeting Passage of Article 34” rally planned for Apr. 9 should that be necessary.

Enclosed: Note on logistics/process from Moderator Brown ([email protected])

Helpful information as you prepare for April 6:

* Public safety: The Lexington Police Chief has requested that no weapons be brought to the meeting. He and his staff will provide screening (metal detectors and bag check) at the entrance, so please leave all bags in in your vehicle to help speed up this process.

* We meet in Battin Hall in Cary Memorial Building (next to the police station on Mass Ave). The seating on the main floor is reserved for our 189 elected Town Meeting members. There is a seating in the balcony for residents and other visitors who are not elected Town Meeting members. There will be public microphones there for your use.

* Only Town Meeting members may offer a motion, ask a question, or vote on a motion. However, you may, when recognized by the Moderator, present your remarks for or against the motion under discussion.

* In addition to the public microphones in the balcony, you will notice we have three microphones on the main floor for the exclusive use of Town Meeting members. These are the YES, NO, and QUESTION microphones. During debate, I will alternate among all four (including public) so we can hear a variety of viewpoints and so members can have a chance to ask questions. If there is a long line at the question microphone, I may visit that microphone twice in my rotation.

* Once I recognize you, please speak directly into the microphone and first give your name and address. You may then proceed with your remarks.

* You will have the same 3-minute time limit for your remarks as Town Meeting members at the YES or NO microphone. Please practice accordingly!

* We do not allow any demonstrations of approval or disapproval – cheers, clapping, etc. It takes too much time and I want as many people as possible to get a chance to speak.

* Town Meeting members may, after a period of time, decide that they’ve heard enough debate and “call the question.” If a member makes this motion, we will immediately take a vote to see if the majority of members agree that they’ve heard enough debate and are ready to vote on the main motion. Sometimes when this occurs, there are still Town Meeting members or other visitors standing in line to speak. Please don’t take it personally if this happens. This sometimes occurs when debate has gone on for some time and speakers start to repeat the same arguments that have already been expressed.

UPDATE: Meeting time is 7:30 PM, although you might wish to arrive a bit early due to screening, etc.

Is that place of the Town Meeting a School? If it is not then it would appear that Police Chief is all in with the proposed By-Law as it shows that he does not trust Citizens of the Commonwealth that have been screened and licensed to carry firearms. It shows that he buys into the Bullshit emotions of the Communists that have no self discipline or integrity.
Yes, the COP is overreacting here. But he was amazing at the selectmens meeting last month, speaking forcefully and eloquently against the by-law. It's now just a non-binding resolution, though we're still opposing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been following this thread from Connecticut. It disheartens me to even think that there are those out there prepared to obliterate our country's sacred history, the same history our forefathers fought to secure our freedoms just a short couple of centuries ago. Franklin was right to answer the question about which form of government they had created saying "A Republic.....if you can keep it." Seems like that question is prevalent once again.

Good luck to you all. We're all watching.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom