Proposal to come before Lexington Town Meeting

We should be able to give them an unexpected result here.
sbFx48aNzPb18TwcDgeDwfr6 s7OzsnJyQxzA4CVc3JysrOzs76 3ujXlbPieTgcHh0dbW9vr6 vX758 ebNm7du3fJvigFAqbOzs1u3bt28efPy5cvr6 tXrlzJ fvmSbnxPHJ8fLy3t7e5uXnx4sXnnnvuWQCg4Lnnnrt48eLm5ube3l7TYG4TzwDAAohnAAhHPANAOOIZAMIRzwAQjngGgHD D0QTjaetuhmYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

sbFx48aNzPb18TwcDgeDwfr6 s7OzsnJyQxzA4CVc3JysrOzs76 3ujXlbPieTgcHh0dbW9vr6 vX758 ebNm7du3fJvigFAqbOzs1u3bt28efPy5cvr6 tXrlzJ fvmSbnxPHJ8fLy3t7e5uXnx4sXnnnvuWQCg4Lnnnrt48eLm5ube3l7TYG4TzwDAAohnAAhHPANAOOIZAMIRzwAQjngGgHD D0QTjaetuhmYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
No at 59%
Yes at 41%

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/292383-GUN-POLLS-MEGATHREAD

Please use this ^^^ thread for all "poll" comments. Keep this one clean for the upcoming battle in Lexington. Thanks.

Shotgun Scully has hit the nail on the head. I'm a former town meeting member and fairly familiar with the way things work politically in Lexington. Left unopposed, this will pass easily. But if the selectmen are convinced that this will bring a shit storm on the town, they will quietly take the proponent aside and convince him to "indefinitely postpone" his or her warrant article. BTW, if you're on Google you can follow the discussion here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lextmma/T1CdSjCCq1E
That discussion is making me [banghead][banghead]

My proposed amendment to Chapter 97 of the Code of Lexington (Public Conduct) would in no way affect ordinary gun or hand-gun ownership in Lexington.
These people, and everyone else at the town meeting, need to be informed that they are not the authority on what is "ordinary gun ownership" and that they clearly have a fundamental lack of understanding in that regard.

These people, and everyone else at the town meeting, need to be informed that they are not the authority on what is "ordinary gun ownership" and that they clearly have a fundamental lack of understanding in that regard.

YES!!!! This.

65 deaths ytd in Middlesex County due to Opiods.

Deaths due to "Assault Weapons" remains at zero....

You should form a new Lexington Minuteman Militia, and hold it on Patriot's Day.

Patriot's Day in United States

Patriot's Day (or Patriots' Day) commemorates the battles of Lexington and Concord, which were fought near Boston in 1775. Patriot's Day is annually held on the third Monday of April.

I think a "Lexington Pro-2A" group would be better.

If you read their discussion board, a "militia" complete with rallies of people carrying rifles and "come and take it" flags will probably give them just what they want: a spectacle to point at to cry about those crazy NRA extremists.

Is there some resident who is willing to speak? If so, talk to Comm2A and see if you can get interest in a suit. If the answer is yes, you will be able to bring a credible threat of litigation by pointing out the 13K Natick spent defending one of our cases, or the $12.4K that Hinghgam had to pay for the marijuana case Comm2A brought against that town.
Arguments like this are likely to have the best chance. When it comes to town politics (or most any other) you can debate laws, principles and rights all day, but money is where the rubber hits the road. Convince the board and TM that this article could cost them money without any return, and the more the merrier, then that article will get tabled PDQ.

If you read their discussion board, a "militia" complete with rallies of people carrying rifles and "come and take it" flags will probably give them just what they want: a spectacle to point at to cry about those crazy NRA extremists.

It might have been them, or maybe it was the Oathkeepers, who wanted to hold a rally on the green last year, and they were flat out shut down, by the town! No permits issued, and they were told not to show up. Or maybe they had a permit, and it was revoked, when the pansies got wind of it? My memory of this is a little foggy. Anyone remember?

They CELEBRATE this happening EVERY YEAR!!!! Just join in with what they have going already, as another group marching in their OWN PARADE! Call it "Contemporary Minutemen", or "Modern Civil Guard", or something.

It might have been them, or maybe it was the Oathkeepers, who wanted to hold a rally on the green last year, and they were flat out shut down, by the town! No permits issued, and they were told not to show up. Or maybe they had a permit, and it was revoked, when the pansies got wind of it? My memory of this is a little foggy. Anyone remember?

I wonder what
patriots-day.jpg
would have to say about this.

How would the good people of Lexington feel about a eliminating the celebration of Patriot's Day? After all, it only glorifies 'gun violence'.

I'm sure that there are plenty of Lexies that would think that's a great idea. After all, it glorifies "sharp and pointy" violence too (bayonets).

[rolleyes]

Is there some resident who is willing to speak? If so, talk to Comm2A and see if you can get interest in a suit. If the answer is yes, you will be able to bring a credible threat of litigation by pointing out the 13K Natick spent defending one of our cases, or the $12.4K that Hinghgam had to pay for the marijuana case Comm2A brought against that town.

I live in a neighboring town and would absolutely contribute to funding a lawsuit here in a similar situation. Might even help out in Lexington. Just like in 1775. [grin]

Last edited:

I do remember a few years ago when a group was going to hold a rally, my recollection of whether or not there was a permit is fuzzy, but they were going to go anyway, but then the marathon bombing happened and that shut everything down.

If I hadn't received the GOAL email I wouldn't have known anything about it (somehow didn't see this thread until I searched). These people are unbelievable. The balls it takes to propose this in Lexington of all places.

This should piss EVERYONE off regardless of which town you live in. Close to home regardless of where you call home. Can non-residents attend the B.O.S meeting?

not so much ethnic bigots, but certainly economic and educational bigots, to the nth degree! it's disgusting and I can't wait to move out as soon as my kids are out of LHS. bunch of hypocritical sheeple!

My wife went to this fancy shit all girls high school, Dana Hall in Wellsely and one of her former commie teachers friended me on Fakebook. She unfriended me after I called her a liberal hypocrite when she wrote to "challenge" me on some pro 2A shit I posted. She's always posting shit about wage equality and income equality so I told her I'd answer her 2A question if she'd first explain how she's not a hypocrite while working at a high school for the ultra rich 1% ($50K a year tuition ....for HIGH SCHOOL) while whining about how college should be free and saddled on mine and other taxpayers' backs.

She never responded other than to drop off my news feed. Good riddance.

I wish this thread had been placed in the General Discussion. No offense to the OP at all, appreciate the thread being on NES. Just that it is so important that the folks that frequently just visit the General Discuss would have seen it sooner. It is as important as anything in the General Discuss forum. Lexington - the birthplace and deathbed of freedom?

I wish this thread had been placed in the General Discussion. No offense to the OP at all, appreciate the thread being on NES. Just that it is so important that the folks that frequently just visit the General Discuss would have seen it sooner. It is as important as anything in the General Discuss forum. Lexington - the birthplace and deathbed of freedom?

Agree +1 Didn't realize where it was located.

Mods, please move this!! It's too important!

Last edited:
When the forum was set up it was with great thought that we set up various sub-forums trying to keep things neat and thus people could find stuff where it belongs. Last number of years in particular people dump threads anywhere they feel like it and the entire forum is a big mess. I spent some time this morning looking for a particular thread in the "proper places" and came up empty handed after wasting considerable time. No, this thread was placed where it really belongs as it is a MA law issue, not general and not off topic or membership!

However the current mods can obviously dump it anywhere that they think best, glad to not be involved in that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom