Pre Ban?

If I'm not feeling too lazy over the weekend, I'll try to make an index for stickies and relevant threads, so we can have one go-to place for commonly sought info.

That gun is probably AWB illegal, but as you can see, the cops didn't bother with an AWB charge because they can just bag him on LCW /wo a license or LCAFD /wo a license... both of which are exponentially easier for the state to prove in court.

-Mike

I believe I see a lug on there, and it looks like the birdcage hider so that's not much of an issue.

Granted the mags look kind of old in the photo (not easy to see anything). Interesting that they didn't even take a stab at tacking it on, but maybe there is indeed the hope that they aren't bothering due to the difficulty in enforcing it. All about that conviction rate I guess.

If you want the best prices you need to do business the old school way, the hard way. Make connections. Maybe use email. Telephone. Put some rubber on the road. Talk to people. Particularly outside of MA. In most of the rest of the US these "pre ban" mags are almost considered garbage. You need to be the guy picking up the bag. Be the bagman. Incentivize the transaction. (you're going to get a better price if you offer to make the entire box disappear. )

100% agree.

OK, I was wondering about the same thing about the proof of post ban magazine. Sounds like if the mags don't have manf date on them, then you are fine (for the sake of mud laws of MA) for the most part. I have Pre Ban 92fs mags and they don't have date on them, and my friend simply asked, how do you know they are post ban and discussion started...

OK, I was wondering about the same thing about the proof of post ban magazine. Sounds like if the mags don't have manf date on them, then you are fine (for the sake of mud laws of MA) for the most part. I have Pre Ban 92fs mags and they don't have date on them, and my friend simply asked, how do you know they are post ban and discussion started...

You may or may not "be fine" too many variables. Read the lawrs, THEN draw your own conclusions about what you are willing or not willing to possess.

-Mike

You may or may not "be fine" too many variables. Read the lawrs, THEN draw your own conclusions about what you are willing or not willing to possess.

-Mike

The law is pretty clear about the ban date. However, if there is no date on the mag, that's a moot point bc it becomes he said she said about when the mag is being manufactured. The condition of the mag doesn't mean a thing in the court of law. If there is no date on the mag, technically there is no proof of manf date. If the design change by the manf and they have doc to support on the effective date of the ECO and proof there were no deviation in the factory to ever go back to the previous design, then it MIGHT have a case. Similar to the thread about Glock mag generation but Glock needs to sign off on that, officially. All these thinga that people do on their own is great, but personal research without the company's acknowledge means.... NOTHING.

-Mike

The law is pretty clear about the ban date. However, if there is no date on the mag, that's a moot point bc it becomes he said she said about when the mag is being manufactured. The condition of the mag doesn't mean a thing in the court of law. If there is no date on the mag, technically there is no proof of manf date. If the design change by the manf and they have doc to support on the effective date of the ECO and proof there were no deviation in the factory to ever go back to the previous design, then it MIGHT have a case. Similar to the thread about Glock mag generation but Glock needs to sign off on that, officially. All these thinga that people do on their own is great, but personal research without the company's acknowledge means.... NOTHING.

One more thing, cops are not lawyers and they not always know the interpretation of the laws, that's why we have lawyers in everything. Just bc you get arrested for something, that doesn't mean that you are guilty of anything.

One more thing, cops are not lawyers and they not always know the interpretation of the laws, that's why we have lawyers in everything. Just bc you get arrested for something, that doesn't mean that you are guilty of anything.

I mostly agree I've only mentioned this stuff about 48,000 times here. WRT read the law i should have said "do your own research". That being said there are at least 20 other things more likely to bind up an LTC holder than a stupid magazine. The "safe storage" BS is probably a bigger ballbuster than the others combined.

Back
Top Bottom