Prank Goes Awry, Man Shoots Pal Dead

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Some friend. [rolleyes] I can't even begin to describe the stupidity of this idiot.

MANCHESTER, Vt. -- Police say a Vermont man who believed he was holding an air gun shot his sleeping friend dead in bed with a .22-caliber rifle.

Manchester police told WCAX-TV that the two friends were staying at another friend's home Thursday. Police say 23-year-old Nicholas Bell of Manchester was hoping to play a prank on his friend and wake him up with an air gun.

But authorities say Bell ended up firing a shot from a loaded rifle into the chest of 24-year-old Jeffrey Charbonneau of Manchester, and he died.

More here.

Idiot is being charged with manslaughter. I hope they put him away for a good long time; he's too stupid to be allowed to contaminate the gene pool.

23616_1283788380244_1396168431_30852936_8345437_n.jpg

I saw that, too. Some friend.

I wonder if alcohol was involved or if he is just that stupid even when sober?

People should just stick to Sharpies....

Exactly. Back in my partying days if you passed out at one of our buddies' houses, you were positively going to be tagged all about the face with a black sharpie. One friend in particular passed out all the time and eventually caught on so he started locking himself in his car in the driveway when he started feeling woozy towards the wee hours! [laugh]

But yeah what a shame about the poor kid getting shot by his "friend". I assume that bastard either knew nothing about firearms, or killed the kid on purpose. [sad2]

Thing is even an air gun can kill someone. I had one of those pump air rifles way back and still have a BB in my foot.

Thing is even an air gun can kill someone. I had one of those pump air rifles way back and still have a BB in my foot.

I've had two patients over the years who shot themselves in the head (on purpose) with pump up BB rifles. One of them penetrated the skull and lodged inside his brain. I never saw the Xray on the second one, but I treated him as if that BB had done the same thing. I don't know if either one wound would have been fatal, but a hole in your skull that goes all the way through is not a good thing no matter what the cause.

No no no...the guy was following the amended NRA Guidelines for gun safety.

1. Always treat a gun as if it is loaded...unless you are at your buddy's house and/or you think its just a BB gun
2. Never point a gun at anything/anyone you don't intent to kill....unless its your buddy who is asleep.
3. Always keep in mind what is behind what you shoot at. So...the pillow will stop the bullet / BB.

Seriously, when I first read the OP's comments, I thought it read a 2 or 3 year old...not 23 year old.

What a TARD!

I've had two patients over the years who shot themselves in the head (on purpose) with pump up BB rifles. One of them penetrated the skull and lodged inside his brain. I never saw the Xray on the second one, but I treated him as if that BB had done the same thing. I don't know if either one wound would have been fatal, but a hole in your skull that goes all the way through is not a good thing no matter what the cause.

Were these guys "Frontal Lobotomy:The Home Edition"????

Back
Top Bottom