• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Potentially major price increase on firearms coming

I was in a shop on the north shore a few days ago and I was told that Sig is no longer selling handguns without night-sights in order to increase their profit in order to make up for the crap they get from the AG/State. Apparently the cost of night-sights is cheap enough that the upsell is worth a decent bump in profit for them. Not sure if the AG has been doing anything recently but it seems anything new from the state is aimed us us pleebs.
Also, and I am finding this hard to believe, but apparently the price of a 92FS is jumping from ~$550 to about $800. I am not sure how accurate that is but it came from the same place and both statements are sourced to the shop's supplier and not Sig or Beretta themselves.
Anyone else hear anything to this effect?

PS: I trust the shop owner enough that he is not lying, but the distributer is another story. Hence why I am posting this to see if there is anyone who has heard similar.

Last edited:
Nope, but then again, no dealer/gun manufacturer in my state needs to make up for AG regulations.

I don't believe the 92FS going up that much. If it goes up that much, then nobody will buy the things.

Sig only pushing night-sighted M guns? Doesn't surprise me. It's one less
SKU they have to make MA compliant.

We've been getting pelted with a few percent here and a few percent there
every year on guns, but IMO the price increases on ammo have been
far worse overall.

Maybe the distributor is just lazy. Some of this doesn't make sense
either, I thought Sig went to a dealer direct program anyways, although I
would not be surprised if some dealers that sell Sigs still have to use
distis because the dealer direct program may have some stupid terms on it
like Beretta's.

-Mike

I don't believe the 92FS going up that much. If it goes up that much, then nobody will buy the things.

Sig only pushing night-sighted M guns? Doesn't surprise me. It's one less
SKU they have to make MA compliant.

We've been getting pelted with a few percent here and a few percent there
every year on guns, but IMO the price increases on ammo have been
far worse overall.

Maybe the distributor is just lazy. Some of this doesn't make sense
either, I thought Sig went to a dealer direct program anyways, although I
would not be surprised if some dealers that sell Sigs still have to use
distis because the dealer direct program may have some stupid terms on it
like Beretta's.

-Mike

This story is just plausible enough to be true, but still odd enough to be sketchy. Anyhow, he is not dealer direct for sure, since the last two purchases from him, a beretta and a ruger (third soon to be a sig), both came from a distributer because he called right there when I ordered it and he is always carping about his distributer for one reason or another.
Thanks.

All the more reason to consider our firearms an excellent "investment." That's what I'm telling my GF anyway.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I can use it as back up for my lastest purchase, coming soon. "I have to buy it now honey, before the prices go up even more." [smile]

All the more reason to consider our firearms an excellent "investment." That's what I'm telling my GF anyway.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I can use it as back up for my lastest purchase, coming soon. "I have to buy it now honey, before the prices go up even more." [smile]
[smile] I have a sig P229M (without rails) and it is now going for about $700 or so and I bought it for $550... [smile]

Sig still lists many of their more popular standard handguns with both sights available. Some of the newer models come with only night sights. For the small increase, it would be to their benefit to ship with only the night sights. The savings on the production line would drop the pricing somewhat.

All LE sales (to individual officers) come with only night nights except the 1991 and Elite already.

That's the excuse I keep using!

My question is Who are these "corkscrews" making out this so called "approved" list? What qualifications, if any, makes them knowledgeable of firearms?

My question is Who are these "corkscrews" making out this so called "approved" list? What qualifications, if any, makes them knowledgeable of firearms?

My answer is post less and read more. [rolleyes]

As even minimal effort would have shown, the testing criteria and approval process are all set forth in statutes and regulations, the details of which have been discussed here, in depth, many times before.

The only GCAB denial I am aware of was from an egregiously incompetent applicant who studiously ignored the published criteria and board's advice.

Back
Top Bottom