Postban M4 - Any really nice alternatives to fixed tele stock??

Mass-diver

NES Member
Hi Guys,

I've read a few threads on this topic, but I'm still looking for some more advice. Here's my story: last year I bought new Busy M4-type from FS. I wanted a new rifle that no one had jury-rigged. The rifle shoots like a dream and has never malfunctioned. Over the past few months, though, I have been hit hard by pre-ban envey. I can live without the flash suppressor and the lug, but I hate the fixed tele-stock. I feel like it's a symbol of our BS laws in MA. I love the look of the real telestock, but I hate the idea of my neutred one.

It has reached the point where I'm thinking about buying a pre-ban AR-15 - which will probably put me back $1,200-1,500 and will mean no M1A for me. [sad]

All this over a stupid stock. So my question is: given that I don't like the look of the A2 stock on a carbine - is that any stock out there that looks and works great on a carbine? Is there an MA -legal stock that you would choose over the a real/non-neutured tele-stock? Thanks for any advice.

IMG_0028.jpg

I am probably going to just have Jon (AA) pin an M4 stock for me. I want to keep the look consistent. By consistent I mean a neutered M4.

I like the ACE ARFX stocks. They look decent and I think they come in more
than one length.

-Mike

I find myself in the same quandry for NES-022. I don't want to put a pinned stock on it so right now I'm leaning towards an A2 stock to start.

Take a look at the Ace ARFX stock, I'm sure I'll end up with one on an NES receiver.

I also like the shorter A1 stock - especially on a carbine. Of course, it still looks like the A2 stock, so it might not help you. The pinned M4 stock has never done it for me - if it's not adjustable, it's not making up for all the other things I don't like about them.

I'm thinking I'll put a short skeleton stock on mine. The A2 stock is too long for me with a winter coat on.

I'm going to look into that "clubfoot" Mass Mark mentioned.

I'm thinking I'll put a short skeleton stock on mine. The A2 stock is too long for me with a winter coat on.

I'm going to look into that "clubfoot" Mass Mark mentioned.

The Clubfoot is awesome, but I think it's right in line with the A2 in length, (I'll have to check). I'm putting that on my Troy MCS and will likely go Ace Entry, or Sully....

What's your folks take on the Magpul PRS and UBR? Quality, function, fit, finish... any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Magpul PRS is an awesome stock, but since the topic is on M4's, I think it's not a good choice for a short, handy fighting carbine. The PRS is designed for larger, long range applications. The Magpul UBR on the other hand, looks absolutely sweet and indications are that it is just that...It appears however that it falls into the collapsable category and would have to be pinned to be Mass compliant. I would hate to do that to a $255.00 stock... [shocked]

Shit's on ma**h***s

I like the look of this:

highresimage

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=715901&t=11082005

Anyone have any real experience with it?

That's what I wanted to get for this application exactly but when I saw the catalog page, it appeared to be adjustable so, no dice.

It reads "features an adjustable length of pull in 1/2" increments" which I understand to mean "F*** You Ma**h***! How about a nice, heavy wooden stock for you? Maybe something in oak?" [crying]

Magpul PRS is an awesome stock, but since the topic is on M4's, I think it's not a good choice for a short, handy fighting carbine. The PRS is designed for larger, long range applications. The Magpul UBR on the other hand, looks absolutely sweet and indications are that it is just that...It appears however that it falls into the collapsable category and would have to be pinned to be Mass compliant. I would hate to do that to a $255.00 stock... [shocked]

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm looking at a del-ton lower/DPMS upper build and I want a fuller-than-skeleton fixed stock.
I agree on pinning that UBR being near tantamount to sacrilegious.
Maybe I'll do a 6.8 upper with a PRS.
D@mn these modular b@stards. Too many options. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom