Pistol stolen from Riley's yesterday, 5/15

It would be easy at Riley's, the guys in green shirts actually avoid customer contact and try not to make eye contact.

Well maybe if you come in looking like "Quasimodo", the one time I was there the people were very helpful and had asked if I needed assistance even when the store was packed! You sure that it wasn't "You" not wanting to make eye contact?

Charles.

Well maybe if you come in looking like "Quasimodo", the one time I was there the people were very helpful and had asked if I needed assistance even when the store was packed! You sure that it wasn't "You" not wanting to make eye contact?

Charles.

Yeah seriously I talk to those guys once a week. Never had any one avoid me in there?

Dont judge Rileys by Shooters. Much different niche and clientelle. Ive had my share of wait time there, and annoyance waiting on the state, dont get me wrong. But if you want old bucks giving real close to the vest opinions and insights, that cones with a wait and then their complete attention. Shooters is a completely different envirinment. Yes, Im partial to Rileys, but thats just me.. My 20 yr old drools over shooters.
Shop where you want, buy what you want.

I am sure these 3 a**h***s were all upstanding members of society otherwise.

I'm surprised the 3 of them aren't talking on Obama phones, and sagging their pants.

If there's one thing I hate, it's a sneaky, dirty little, back-handed scumbag thief. With his filthy little fingers and dirty little hands reaching out into the world taking things that don't belong to him. Then laughing about how good it feels to get away with it i.e. getting their kicks on how they got over on someone.

You have to be a sick person to steal knowing that you are depriving a rightful owner of their property. I say we bring back some real punishment: cutting off a hand. Especially in a case like this when a theft is committed in order to obtain objects to commit other crimes. Doesn't necessarily have to be a gun either, if you steal a getaway car to commit another crime that is grounds enough IMHO for society to cut off one of your hands AND send you to prison.

If you steal again we should cut off both of your hands. Thief problem solved.

I HATE THIEVES.

[mg]

iranfinger.jpg

Last edited:
This was a false flag misdirection operation. The obama administration sent in two teams one to try to steal a gun and was supposed to get caught in order to provide the distraction for the real goal -- to get a 1000 rd case of .223 for boston .gov and some shotgun shells for the veep.

/thread

That sucks - according to the article they were caught once and were successful on the second reach over the counter.
Hard to defend against that unless you install a locked back to the cases.

This is what Kittery Trading Post does. Every employee in the shooting section has a key to the back of the display cases. I have yet to hear of someone walking in and stealing a gun from KTP. Is it a bit of an annoyance? Yep. But if I were running the show at Rileys, this is what I would do to make it just that much harder to steal something from the display case. Yes they still caught them on camera, but the camera just allows for identification. If they had a lock on the display case, the perp would never have gotten the gun in the first place.

I don't recall how shooters/MFLR handle their display cases, I do know they have a ton of people at the display cases all the time. I won't speak for Jim on this but if I were him, adding locks (or just keeping them locked and providing keys for those allowed access to show the firearms) would seem like a prudent measure. I'm sure MFLR/Shooters is doing what they feel is best for their operation.

You know why the gun was stolen?

Because everyone except the thief obeyed the law.

I'm sure more than one person wanted to shoot, tackle, or otherwise stop the thief, but such an action isn't allowed.

Naturally, the media will neglect to mention this fact and push the agenda of how easy guns are to steal.

Telepathically uploaded via Google implants.

You have to be a sick person to steal knowing that you are depriving its rightful owner of it. ...

Comrade, you are confused - all those guns were created from the sweat and tears of the proletariat and belong to whichever member of the proletariat has a bigger need, not to the plutocrat parasites from Riley who make a living exploiting the workers.

You just witnessed the rightful redistribution of a gun from the dirty capitalists to its proper owner - rejoice!

Last edited:
I don't recall how shooters/MFLR handle their display cases, I do know they have a ton of people at the display cases all the time. I won't speak for Jim on this but if I were him, adding locks (or just keeping them locked and providing keys for those allowed access to show the firearms) would seem like a prudent measure. I'm sure MFLR/Shooters is doing what they feel is best for their operation.

Have you forgotten the thread where Jim provided info on the cases he ordered for Shooters Outpost? They are pretty much bomb-proof and I'm sure that they cost him a fortune. Jim doesn't leave anything to chance.

That sucks - according to the article they were caught once and were successful on the second reach over the counter.

Well, unless it's shitty reporting, I'm not sure why they weren't all kicked out of the store the first time. If I found some guy roaming around in my shop with one of the handguns that was from a display case, and none of my employees gave him that gun to hold, there'd be serious problems. Soemthing along the lines of "Please leave, don't come back... not now, not ever... and if you do, I will have you arrested for trespassing. "

-Mike

Have you forgotten the thread where Jim provided info on the cases he ordered for Shooters Outpost? They are pretty much bomb-proof and I'm sure that they cost him a fortune. Jim doesn't leave anything to chance.

I must have missed that part. I know he spent a lot on his security system. I never saw a description of the "bomb proof" cases. I'll take your word though that his cases are the best (They do look nice in person).

Oof, .357 Sig. Even if they find ammunition for it, it'll be well out of their price range.

I've been using .357 Sig ammo lately (in my MP .40 Compact), and it was priced at a small shop what it always was (not marked up).

Wasn't a lot of it (they seem to have 3-4 cases consistently), but I've been able to consistently go back there and buy 4 50 round boxes every 2 to 4 weeks.

9mm is a whole different story....

That one is on Riley's then.....not hard if you suspect them the first time toss there ass out. Why wait for a second try.

Back
Top Bottom