Pistol stolen from Riley's yesterday, 5/15

A little racial and stereotypical profiling goes a lot farther and helps more than most care to admit. And this is coming from someone who has been called "White Boy" by Caribbean natives and inner city brothers for the last 30 years... Get the **** over it people.
My wife was called "snow bunny" by some guy sitting on the sidewalk while we were driving through Charleston, SC... We gave the guy some odd looks but neither of us knew what the guy was trying to get at until we talked to some friends from California. Evidently he was attempting to hit on my wife. Pretty pathetic pick up line if you ask me...

I just cant get over the fact that they were CAUGHT grabbing the gun from behind the display case once already and it was simply taken back. WTF?

That combined with their looks would have been more than I needed to throw them out. They would go from strike 0 to strike 3 in under a second. Even if they were apologetic and turned out to just be an ignorant white, 60 year old professor, if somebody reached behind a display case and took something out of a shop I owned, that would be the last time they ever set foot in my shop. Mistake or willful.

Watch the video , they caught them make a second attempt and were told to leave, Rileys did not know they had already done it once

Someone reaching behind a display case is cause for being shown the door, period. Doesnt matter what type of business or where it is, or who's doing the reaching.

If its on a tabletop, its implied that its ok to handle. If its in a case, its a different story. They should of been told to leave the first time. I cant believe they werent.

No need to get all upset, its not about race exclusively. If the typical gangsta stereotype shows up, is well dressed and seems to know what he is doing/asks questions of the staff if he does not, no problem.

If they come in looking as they did and acting as described by a poster in this thread who saw them, they should be gone in 2 seconds. This is not a school, voting booth, town hall, the police station, etc. People have no right to be there and they should kick people out at will if you ask me. If your actions rise to the level of suspicion, you should be gone.

Its not rocket science, black, white, green, all of us as gun people can tell when somebody looks out of place at a gun shop. Its one of the easiest places to stand out if you are not "like" everybody else or don't have the same knowledge of how things work as everyone else. These people are either harmless new shooters who are just after info and will prob chat up anybody who seems in the know or they are acting furtive/suspicious. I had a little part time gig helping out at a gun shop while in school, if anybody raised my eyebrows, Id immediately go over and nicely offer them help and ask what they were looking for. You don't have to be rude. Anything to start a conversation and get a better feel for the person. Ive kicked out a few known thieves and one who ended up being a felon. All it takes is somebody who is in charge of the shop to give enough of a shit to train their employees on the issue.

Again, I really like Rileys for what it is and will stick up for it alot more frequently than some people but this shit is ridiculous. One look at the camera still and you'd say right away they are up to something. Then consider that they probably had to walk by 5+ employees multiple times and nobody did a thing. If it was not Rileys, Id have a hard time believing it but, again, about 1/3 of the times that I go there "suspicious" looking characters show up and start handling guns in ways that should get anybody kicked out of a shop. I'm not surprised, sadly.

So if by any chance you are reading this, Rileys or Rileys employees, clean up your damn act! NH is already under unnecessary fire by virtue of being in the extended Boston metro. This is the kind of shit that gets Mayor Bloomberg and Mumbles running adds on primetime TV mentioning your shop specifically. Its not good for you but maybe you don't care but you take alot out of all our 2A rights when you become a lightening rod for this kind of news just by virtue of being asleep at the wheel and letting highly regulated/dangerous/expensive items walk right out your damn door. Wake up.

+1 This. Thank you for putting it so much less offensively for the thin skins..

Last edited:
Someone reaching behind a display case is cause for being shown the door, period. Doesnt matter what type of business or where it is, or who's doing the reaching.

If its on a tabletop, its implied that its ok to handle. If its in a case, its a different story. They should of been told to leave the first time. I cant believe they werent.

Eta- Didnt realize the shop didnt see the first grab and they were told to leave when the shop did catch the second attempt. Is that what happened?

JFC people they were told to leave the first time they were caught, the problem was they had already taken one pistol WTF is so difficult to understand? Do you guys think the clerks at Rileys is that friggen stupid? Watch the video, perps comes in reaches behind counter and takes gun, no one see, they try a second time, caught and sent packing

- - - Updated - - -

Eta- Didnt realize the shop didnt see the first grab and they were told to leave when the shop did catch the second attempt. Is that what happened?

Yes

I guess you gave your special attention to anyone who looked like they didn't know what they were doing... and black guys, and maybe those disgusting looking old Jews -er white NYC Jews.

I don't know if you understand how you are coming across.
Mkay

I guess you gave your special attention to anyone who looked like they didn't know what they were doing... and black guys, and maybe those disgusting looking old Jews -er white NYC Jews.

Mkay

Quiet, you are putting words in people's mouths - the "disgusting" bit is all yours.

I have no problem with differing opinions and sensibilities, but one should draw the line to intentionally misrepresenting what people say, and you just crossed that line. Just stop embarrassing yourself already.

If you go swimming and see a killer whale swimming near you are you going to be more concerned than if it was a bottle nose porpoise I mean come on they are both mammals so there is nothing to fear or are you going to profile that since killer whales have attacked and killed people it might be smart to take some precautions?

If you go swimming and see a killer whale swimming near you are you going to be more concerned than if it was a bottle nose porpoise I mean come on they are both mammals so there is nothing to fear or are you going to profile that since killer whales have attacked and killed people it might be smart to take some precautions?

I must be reading this wrong: are you comparing discrimination based on race to threat assessments of ocean-going mammals? Seriously, let me know if I'm off-base here. I've been wrong before. Once. It was a Thursday....

I was at Riley's yesterday, probably around 2:00. Bought my 2 boxes of 9mm and fondled a Ruger SR-22 rifle, MA compliant!

Everything seemed completely normal.

I was there around 6:30 last night...they were being hyper aware of all people in the store...I overheard two of the employees talking quietly amongst themselves about making sure there were NO uncovered areas...they were making sure that every corner of the store was in sight by at least one employee.

That being said, it took an unbelievable amount of stupidity (or balls) to rob a gunstore where every employee is carrying and most of the customers are too...

Mkay

Quiet, you are putting words in people's mouths - the "disgusting" bit is all yours.

I have no problem with differing opinions and sensibilities, but one should draw the line to intentionally misrepresenting what people say, and you just crossed that line. Just stop embarrassing yourself already.

Dude, I was paraphrasing. He said:
I don't know who owns it but I think its that old, somewhat unpleasant Jewish looking guy in there who drives the Audi.

"Somewhat unpleasant looking" vs. "disgusting". Sue me.

...and if you think I'm embarrassing myself for pointing out that his writing is coming across as racist and anti-semitic bigoted, then I guess I'm guilty.

I assume that he isn't any of the above or I wouldn't have wasted my time making humorous posts about it. If I thought someone was I would have called them on it.

Last edited:
I must be reading this wrong: are you comparing discrimination based on race to threat assessments of ocean-going mammals? Seriously, let me know if I'm off-base here. I've been wrong before. Once. It was a Thursday....

How is it different, Are you saying marine mammals are not inteligent or that as humans we don't make threat assessments on a daily basis and that these threat assessments are not based on prior experiences or knowledge. Answer truthfylly who would be more likely to commit a violent act against you the dude with the baggy pants tattoos and a hoodie in the ghetto or the old guy in dockers and a button down shirt. in suburbia

How is it different, Are you saying marine mammals are not inteligent or that as humans we don't make threat assessments on a daily basis and that these threat assessments are not based on prior experiences or knowledge. Answer truthfylly who would be more likely to commit a violent act against you the dude with the baggy pants tattoos and a hoodie in the ghetto or the old guy in dockers and a button down shirt. in suburbia
If the khakis/shoes are expensive, watch your investment accounts around him... Those white people are shifty... [laugh]

Some of you folks don't like the word "Profiling", but that is what as humans we do. We process observations with past experiences and make a judgement that in the end becomes part of our ability to look out for ourselves.

This. Guilty as charged. Wait that has an entire different meaning based on this subject [laugh]

Studies have been conducted where Human Babies, barely able to open their eyes, are shown different people and different images, and their reactions recorded.

They will smile at pleasant images, grimace at unpleasant, their eyes will dilate at pleasant images, and constrict at unpleasant.

Generally beautiful young women, like their Mother, elicit the most intense pleasure. Ugly people are highly disliked.

So you see, Human Beings PROFILE from Birth. It is entirely natural and expected.

Last edited:
This things gonna get locked cause a couple of you are butthurt over the fact that one should keep an extra eye on shady looking characters. Regardless of color, etc.

Also, stop preaching how perfect you fellas are..guarentee, you have made many decisions or thoughts in life that were based mostly on some sort of stereotype.

What the fuk did I ever say about jews in general? I said he is unpleasant and Jewish looking/acting. Thats not offensive. Calling somebody something based on their actions then adding a descriptor is not racist. I could talk about unpleasant hot girls, ugly but pleasant girls, skinny people and fat people. They are just descriptions, I dont know where you see judgement being passed. I certainly did not say anything that could be construed as anti Semitic and for the record, my mother is Jewish.

I dont know if you are just thin skinned or some liberal who likes to see racism/sexism/anti (insert religion) in everything but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. If it looks like a duck, its a duck. The totality of the circumstances just from the still photo would have me kicking those people out in seconds flat. You want to call it racism and me racist, Im sure there are jobs open at the White House or in MA govt where you would fit in quite well.

As I said, I assume the best, but was just trying to point out the way it was coming across.

I am sorry... but I still have no clue what you mean by "Looks Jewish". You mean like Son of Sasquatch?

Sorry for the controversy.

As I said, I assume the best, but was just trying to point out the way it was coming across.

I am sorry... but I still have no clue what you mean by "Looks Jewish". You mean like Son of Sasquatch?

Sorry for the controversy.
eugene_levy.jpg

Is it offensive if they say someone looks Italian, Greek, Irish, Swedish, Chinese Korean, Vietnamese etc... all cultures through years of breeding with those like them have certain traits that make them discernible as belonging to that culture, want to offend someone? tell a Vietnamese person they look Korean, of Japanese that they look Chinese.

Last edited:

...and if you think I'm embarrassing myself for pointing out that his writing is coming across as racist and anti-semitic bigoted, then I guess I'm guilty.

I cannot find anything anti-semitic in the posts on this thread that we are talking about.

Embarrassing is an appropriate description of your baseless claims stuff that is simply not there. Like assuming that the "unpleasant looking" descriptor was somehow related to the man's race and then referring to "disgusting jews" to imply that this was the poster's opinion of jews in general, and other assorted mind reading implied in your posts in this thread. I call that embarrassing and quite trollish (which seems out of character for you, which is why I pointed it out to you), while you obviously do not see that as an issue.

Since there is no way to solve this in a productive manner, I'll let it be - not a fan of infinite loops.

Oh, you mean Romans!

Seriously, Eugene Levy is the quintessential NYC Jew? He looks like the guy behind the counter at Riley's? Didn't see anyone like that.

Is it offensive if they say someone looks Italian, Greek, Irish, Swedish, Chinese Korean, Vietnamese etc... all cultures through years of breeding with those like them have certain traits that make them discernible as belonging to that culture, want to offend someone? tell a Vietnamese person they look Korean, of Japanese that they look Chinese.

So you'd be offended if someone said you look Jewish? Or Italian? Or Greek?

You can convert into Judaism, can you convert into black or Asian? Or maybe become white?

I posted up pictures of Black Jews, Asian Jews, then a whole series of New York Jews; Gun-totin Jews, Hasidic Jews, (slipped in an LA Jew), finance Jews, retail Jews and Woody Allen. They look similar to you? Well, they're not black or asian...

Perhaps what he's thinking about is an old disgruntled white guy retailer from the city because many of them happened to be Jews for a long time, having dealt with scum for 40 years. Maybe like the guy at Rileys. I don't know. I've only been there once I didn't notice anyone who "looked Jewish" or angry or unpleasant, in fact they were all pleasant with me, and I had a laugh with one of them -- about their lack of ammo security compared to SO coincidentally.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know what a Jew looks like, it's too broad to be offered up as a primary description of someone. I can look at a person and I *might* guess that they look like one of a dozen or two "Jewish types" maybe. But even the Germans had to get the Jews to wear badges...

Like I said, maybe it's just me.

OK, I gotta go crawl under a rock for a while.

I cannot find anything anti-semitic in the posts on this thread that we are talking about.
[...]
I call that embarrassing and quite trollish (which seems out of character for you, which is why I pointed it out to you), while you obviously do not see that as an issue.

Since there is no way to solve this in a productive manner, I'll let it be - not a fan of infinite loops.

fair enough same here

- - - Updated - - -

WTF did I miss, why are we having a lesson on bigotry meow?

lol

Back
Top Bottom