Pinned Flash Hider.....legal or no?

Can someone give me an idea of what the difference between a muzzle brake and a flash hider are, other than how they are marketed. A picture of each and why they are illegal or not in this moronic state would help. Thanks.

Have fun with that pile of garbage. BATFE does not test muzzle devices anymore. Now its up to whats printed on the label the device comes with, possibly maybe. Basically you're on your own. It's pretty much big boy rules now.

-Mike

To add to the fun, how about a muzzle device that is described as a comp and a flash hider, like this?

Would you be compliant if you bought it as a compensator? In the description, the word "comp" comes before "flash hider," so does that make it okay?

I love MA laws that no one can follow with any certainty even if they've a mind to. [thinking]

To add to the fun, how about a muzzle device that is described as a comp and a flash hider, like this?

Would you be compliant if you bought it as a compensator? In the description, the word "comp" comes before "flash hider," so does that make it okay?

I love MA laws that no one can follow with any certainty even if they've a mind to. [thinking]

Unless the AG's office (ROFL, fat ****ing chance of that EVER happening!) or case law occurs which defines what an FH is in MA, you'll probably never have an answer for these types of questions.

The other option is finding a document which shows what the ATFs testing regimen used to be for making this determination, and then finding someone with the gear capable of running these tests.

The irony of the whole thing is I doubt the MSP crime lab or some other LE investigative body in MA even has the equipment to do this. [rofl]

Gun owners in MA really only have three options on this issue:

-For the completely batshit paranoid, tinfoil hat/alcoa investor's club..... round off the threads on the muzzle and don't use any muzzle device at all.

-Use a muzzle device that _was_ certified by BATFE to not be a flash hider. (have fun doing this, as time goes on it will get harder.) There is also NO GUARANTEE that MA gov types still won't try to prosecute- they're not BOUND to use the old federal definition if they don't want to. (there is nothing in MGL that forces MA prosecutors to adopt BATFE tech branch determinations. )

-Stop caring and use whatever you want, comfortable in the fact that it'll probably never be an issue.

The third is obviously the most "risky" but this whole flash hider business is nebulous at best. For example is a comp a flash hider if you're using ammo that doesn't produce a huge flash? The whole thing is ****ing stupid- I can suppress LOTS of flash simply by using ammo with different powders, etc. [thinking]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom