Paul Howe on Open Carry

If you didn't see that article as strongly pro-2A, it deserved a second read. ****waffle, is that like Blue Waffle?

Might not come out of the holster, but a man intent on taking it will probably rip the whole shebang off the mount, or off the belt completely. Nobody is going to give it a few tugs, shrug and say "just kidding"

I think people have a drastic misconception of how easily you can put someone out of an attack when they are focusing on something stupid like trying to pull your gun from your holster. There are plenty of methods for maiming people with your bare hands.

I'm not saying OC is "the best method." It's just a method and just as viable as CC. Also when I'm older and slower I'll probably OC less. For right now I'm young, fairly spry, not small at 6' 240lbs and reasonably capable of defending myself with my bare hands. My method is not and end all, nor do I project it as such. I just don't go around creating a single hypothetical situation and claiming that single possibility negates the method.

For instance, it's easily argued that a person CCing is severely limiting their ability to access their firearm, especially if not standing with both hands free. Yet I don't go around telling people they're dumb for doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you didn't see that article as strongly pro-2A, it deserved a second read. ****waffle, is that like Blue Waffle?

I didn't see it as pro2a at all. I see it as "my way or the highway" I.e tyranny. The author didn't say, do what you please as long as you don't pose a threat. He said "do something I don't like that neither harms me nor denies me property and I'll kill you."

I think people also misunderstand how someone goes about getting gun. It's not an instant all or nothing attempt. It's slow and steady, and it usually is fluid within an altercation, not just what sets it off.

I chuckle that people call vests 'shoot me first' vests, but don't apply same logic to OC. I bet the time for me to get at CC vs someone OC is a negligible difference at best.

Actually... bet I'm faster.

I hear your points on OC vs CC and they are indeed valid, just comes down to personal preference. Either way, better to carry than not to carry!

I am unaware of any citizen who has been shot in an event first because they were OCing.

I mainly like OCing because I'm not a fan of having a gun jammed in my pants all day. It's simply more comfortable and to me worth any minuscule increase in danger, if such an increase even exists.

I am unaware of any citizen who has been shot in an event first because they were OCing.

I mainly like OCing because I'm not a fan of having a gun jammed in my pants all day. It's simply more comfortable and to me worth any minuscule increase in danger, if such an increase even exists.

You can CC without it being jammed in your pants.

ETA. I'm not telling you what to do, that just seemed like a straw man.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I do CC frequently, it just not as comfortable and I hate having to own pants in two different sizes.

I'm confused. Are you saying the only way to CC is inside waistband? I carry outside waistband about 50% of time, and just wear a sweatshirt over it.

It's not pro-2A. In all actuality, the state would likely submit his anti-2A diatribe as evidence at trial if this knucklehead decided to backup his threat should he see somebody with an "M4" slung across their chest.

(Which also begs the question: Why just an M4? Not an AK? Or a Mini-14? What about an SKS? Or how about an AR-15? Can he tell the difference between a civi AR-15 and a mil M4 from more than 20 yards out?)

Being 2A also means being tolerant of what other people peaceably do with their guns. Be it OC, CC or left at home as an HD piece. Whatever. If you can't discriminate between peaceablelawful carry of a firearm and somebody unlawfully using their firearm, then you've got issues. Or your an anti.

- - - Updated - - -

Great for when doing yard work, taking a walk with the kids, doing stuff around the house, etc.

Piitb then?

ITMFB.

i'll wear something on my belt and then have my jacket over it, if i'm in a sheep zone i'll throw my t-shirt over the gun when i take the jacket off indoors.

a lot of people simply don't even notice, either. lady atilla had some family over and i had my shirt over my glock IWB and of four people no one even noticed it. was kind of surprised.

I'd say for full OC out and about I get 10 great conversations with people interested in guns for every one borderline moonbat. Even in CT I had tons of people walk up and ask me about how to get their permit.

I've never had anyone give me a full retard anti diatribe or had police interaction in either CT or NH and I OC a lot.

Back
Top Bottom