• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Paul Howe on Open Carry

From the DEC13 CSAT Newsletter:
"I was asked by a reader about my thoughts on open carry. In short I am against it. There is
little need unless you just want to intimidate people. We have enough concealed carry
systems available for both pistols and rifles to make sure you have a rapid access.
As for the Army Sergeant that was recently arrested and convicted for road marching with a
weapon near Ft. Hood, Texas, he was a dumbass.
In my day, if you wanted to road march with a weapon, you could on a military base. It was
considered a form of exercise. This Army dork decided to do it in the civilian community
that was unaccustomed to seeing this and he took his son along to see his bad example. I am
glad the police stopped and confronted him. We need to confront stupid people in our
society and hold them accountable.
If you walk down my neighborhood street with an M4 type rifle across your chest and I don’t
know you, I will confront you with my rifle and if you fail to comply in the least, you will
not survive the encounter.
First, it is not normal. Next, how do I know that you are not going to kill one of my
neighbors? Sometimes individuals in our country go stupid and try and push things too far…"

exactly.....now I have to stretch my google-fu to figure out who this douchebag is...

ETA: apparently he's a "shooter/trainer" who has no idea what he should be fighting for......FUDD

I'd like to test the theory the I would not survive his demands to comply if I was carrying my carbine down his street....

Last edited:
0bec63e6.jpg

"We have enough concealed carry
systems available for both pistols and rifles to make sure you have a rapid access."

Really? Concealed carry of a rifle? Good luck with that one. And process to carry concealed in most states is expensive, convoluted, and overly restrictive.

What is hunting considered if not open carry 99.9% of the time?

The statist doesn't spend much time in the country does he? Why do I care what his opinion is? Oh that's right Hush is against it.

Any time I hear Tier One, I think about cakes. I've been watching too much cake boss with kids.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

boy, i better case my when i walk out to my car or else i might not survive an encounter with this guy.He is is either a JBT or ready to [grenade]

Break down what he says i think he is talking about the suburbs and city.
If you see someone walking through your neighborhood with an M4 across their chest, What would you do?
"If you fail to comply" I'm Not sure what he would ask you to do, leave, put the gun down etc. but his skills indicate you would not survive...
When he talks about open carry he is refering to pistols. Concealed carry is fine, open carry in a neighborgood or city, unneccessary. "I agree.
He is refering to Joe being a dumbass and carrying his rifle off post. He is spot on. Soldiers should know better.

If you see someone walking through your neighborhood with an M4 across their chest, What would you do?
"If you fail to comply" I'm Not sure what he would ask you to do, leave, put the gun down etc. but his skills indicate you would not survive...
When he talks about open carry he is refering to pistols. Concealed carry is fine, open carry in a neighborgood or city, unneccessary. "I agree.
He is refering to Joe being a dumbass and carrying his rifle off post. He is spot on. Soldiers should know better.

I don't give a shit where he's talking about, he's a state teat suckling D-bag.....

Btw, out yourself threads kick ass!

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

this guy is nothing more than Elizabeth Warren with a pud, muscles and an "M4 type weapon".

I wish I were close enough to him to spit in his operator face

obviously you have not seen the video, it wasn't a suburban neighborhood this guy was walking in with his kid.

"I was asked by a reader about my thoughts on open carry. In short I am against it. There is
little need unless you just want to intimidate people. We have enough concealed carry
systems available for both pistols and rifles to make sure you have a rapid access.
As for the Army Sergeant that was recently arrested and convicted for road marching with a
weapon near Ft. Hood, Texas, he was a dumbass.
In my day, if you wanted to road march with a weapon, you could on a military base. It was
considered a form of exercise. This Army dork decided to do it in the civilian community
that was unaccustomed to seeing this and he took his son along to see his bad example. I am
glad the police stopped and confronted him. We need to confront stupid people in our
society and hold them accountable.
If you walk down my neighborhood street with an M4 type rifle across your chest and I don’t
know you, I will confront you with my rifle and if you fail to comply in the least, you will
not survive the encounter.

First, it is not normal. Next, how do I know that you are not going to kill one of my
neighbors? Sometimes individuals in our country go stupid and try and push things too far…"

Fail to comply? Fail to comply? Did he seriously just say that? Fail to comply with what? If the law allows open carry who the **** is this ****tard to "confront" anyone and say he/she can't open carry? And to publically admit you would commit murder against a law abiding citizen just caryying legally? Wow.......total asshattery to the max!

I would pay for your plane ticket to Texas to see that. The hospital bills are on you.

I get it.....he was an operator during mogadishu and has seen his share of shit and served our country well. Great.....awesome....kudos and reputation abound and runneth over in the cup of service to our great nation. But what gives him the right as a retired Army Soldier to ask any law abiding open carrying citizen to comply with any damn thing.........oh yeah thats right.......he does not have that right! Peace!

I get it.....he was an operator during mogadishu and has seen his share of shit and served our country well. Great.....awesome....kudos and reputation abound and runneth over in the cup of service to our great nation. But what gives him the right as a retired Army Soldier to ask any law abiding open carrying citizen to comply with any damn thing.........oh yeah thats right.......he does not have that right! Peace!

Ask Gabriel Gomez.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Concealed carry of a rifle? Good luck with that one. And process to carry concealed in most states is expensive, convoluted, and overly restrictive.

What is hunting considered if not open carry 99.9% of the time?
I assume he is talking about the keister method?

He makes some very good point...that were apparently lost on several of you.

What are the good points?

I read an article where a former special forces operator states he does not care if there is an open carry law or not.......he feels he has the right to "force someone to comply" when he has absolutely no right to do so. That's what I read anyway.

If you walk down my neighborhood street with an M4 type rifle across your chest and I don’t know you, I will confront you with my rifle and if you fail to comply in the least, you will not survive the encounter.
Hypocrite

[bs2]
[bs1]
lets see it.

We need to confront stupid people in our society and hold them accountable.
Great idea, let us start with you.

We've broken it down. The conclusion is we don't think very highly of your hateful controlling anti liberty views. Using force to prevent people from doing something that simply you wouldn't do yourself is intolerant, controlling, hateful, and oppressive douchebaggery. Congratulations.

He makes some very good point...that were apparently lost on several of you.

No he didn't.

We've broken it down. The conclusion is we don't think very highly of your hateful controlling anti liberty views. Using force to prevent people from doing something that simply you wouldn't do yourself is intolerant, controlling, hateful, and oppressive douchebaggery. Congratulations.

No he didn't.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

Back
Top Bottom