• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Para Problems (Updated & continuing)

Goose - I concur. Regardless how well my LDA has treated me, I could hardly agree you deserved to be treated as you have. You have hard earned money, (a lot of it - believe me I know), invested in this gun, Now it's time lost - shooting lost - confidence lost. I would make your presence known from the top to the bottom of Para Ordinance - here and in Canada. Good luck!

Well, my new gun came yesterday. I suppose I should be jumping for joy, but I am not. Per advice I have written a letter to the president of Para and have emailed customer service with a dated delineation of events. I have not heard anything yet.

Also, after receiving my new gun I could not resist a little sarcasm. I sent an email to customer servivce telling them that my new gun had arrived. I then went on to thank them for the sincere letter of apology, as well as, the extra magazine and gifties that accompanied my replacement. I then said "Oh THATS RIGHT, you did not send any of those things!" So after 2.5 months of poor customer service and aggravation I get what I should have had in the first place. A gun that works (I assume). Wow, I am really lucky. No apology, no little something extra to say "We are sorry this happened". No special attention. In general no customer service.

I still get told "Para Ordnance is a good company. They will make it right." I do think, despite my experience, that Para's product is as good as most other stock companys, but their customer service sucks. So to me this means that they are not a "good" company. They have failed to step up at every turn. A timely apology and one or two follow up calls with an update would have placated me. Now. I am bitter to say the least.

Last edited:
They have failed to step up at every turn. A timely apology and one or two follow up calls with an update would have placated me. Now. I am bitter to say the least.

Glad you finally got it back. Not to piss on your Cheerios, you now have a problem with "Value". I hope you continue to pursue this. You paid for a new gun. With loss of faith, you stated you will sell it. Now it is a used gun so you will take a hit on it. That sucks more than anything else.

See how it functions and shoot it. If it gives you trouble, send me an e mail I have another idea I would not put on a public forum.

Regards,

Absurd and unacceptable...Any thoughts of a future Para purchase have been tarnished. I'm really sorry you've been the one taking one for the team.

I agree with what was said before...Point the president of the company towards NES and he will see the impact that it could have on his MA sales.

As a Para owner and supporter and although my experience has been different I am very wary about making another purchase from them after reading this entire thread (again)
If this is the way they are treating my fellow NES'rs then Im sure my money can be spent on another product that will give me just as much enjoyment.

As a Para owner and supporter and although my experience has been different I am very wary about making another purchase from them after reading this entire thread (again)
If this is the way they are treating my fellow NES'rs then Im sure my money can be spent on another product that will give me just as much enjoyment.

+1 Yup that about sums it up for me too....I'm going to keep watching Para to see if they turn a corner before I rush out to buy again.

+1 Yup that about sums it up for me too....I'm going to keep watching Para to see if they turn a corner before I rush out to buy again.

+1
I was looking at picking up a JRT USPSA but I'm wondering if my $ will be better spent elsewhere.

I bought a Para not too long ago. I wanted a traditional, (internal extractor) new 1911. I sold it before ever firing it. What looked good in the gun shop lost some luster when I brought it home and detail stripped it for cleaning and inspection. I was unimpressed with the poor quality parts and sloppy assembly. I'll never know if it was a good shooter, but I do know that I'll never spend money on a Para-Ordnance product again.

You can add me to the list of folks who won't buy a ParaOrdnance product based on your experience. No gun is worth that type of hassle.

After reading this topic I must say that I'm bummin. I own a Para P-14 .45 and its always performed well. Thing is, I like a company who stands behind what they make, and if Para is that tough to deal with, I may have to reconsider buying another Para. Thanks for the info folks.

Back
Top Bottom