Ruger PC carbine help **Updated**

1903Collector

NES Member
Just acquired a PC carbine (chassis type) and it has the pinned adjustable stock. I would like to swap out just the butt stock but it looks like I would need some kind of adapter to put AR type stock on it like a MOE fixed or something along those lines, anyone know of anything out there? I did do a search but all I kept getting was entire chassis replacements, I just want to swap the butt stock.

UPDATE 3/22/21:
The adapter I have posted below works perfectly and it's well made. The Charger and PC Carbine are the same receiver and chassis, or more precisely the charger is a PC carbine with no stock and very short barrel.

Thanks,

Last edited:
By the lack of any response I'm guessing no [laugh]. Well I did find and order this adapter, will post results after I get it.

Your part is for a Charger,.. which you do not have. I would think once you unpin your existing stock and remove it,.. any adjustable should slide on your buffer tube,... but I only have the rifle stock original so what would I know,...

Last edited:
Just saw your post. I have two Ruger PCC's, one CT legal and one in GA.

I'd look at Ruger for a replacement stock, get one for a free state model.

Your part is for a Charger,.. which you do not have. I would think once you unpin your existing stock and remove it,.. any adjustable should slide on your buffer tube,... but I only have the rifle stock original so what do I know,...
New Ruger PC Carbine Chassis Models Allow AR Stocks, Grips :: Guns.com this article suggests your good to go.
Yea its for a charger but the chassis model has, what looks like, the same mounting set up for the stock so we'll see.

So I turned this into a kind of SHTF bug out grab and go kit. Found this neat case online meant for an M4 type rifle but works great, got the PC Carbine, a G17, 15 loaded mags and another boxed 50 rounds, misc tools, sling. Couple of Magpul plastic containers to hold the tools, small stuff and the BUIS, extra batteries for the C-More. Oh and I upgraded the plastic trigger assembly with a Volquartsen billet aluminum unit.

It's a little on the heavy side, the Ruger is heavy for what it is I guess. Will continue to tweak.

IMG_0321.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom