• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Para PDA?

Para's website shows an ad for the New PDA (Personal Defense Assistant) 9mm, 8+1 and supposed to be really small. Anyone see any pics yet?

I bought a Para Carry Model in .45 and was disappointed. I will never buy another Para.

I also owned a Para Carry LDA in .45. The thing was a jam-o-matic. I sent it to Para and they did a few things to it. I got it back and it had more problems. I ended up selling it to Four Seasons for short money.

Mine started giving me some problems after 6000 rounds or so, but I changed the springs and it has been working without issue.

I have a Para 14-40 that has been smooth since I got it.. I have not had bad experiences with their Product and their Customer Service was very good about getting me extra mags, etc. for it.

I have a Para 1640 Limited that I use for USPSA competition. It always ran fine but I ended up replacing the barrel bushing because it was so loose in the slide and the barrel was so sloppy in the bushing. I also had the barrel recrowned by Pinnacle. The factory crown was badly chattered. Accuracy was terrible from the factory.

I also replaced all of the chincy factory internals with high quality aftermarket stuff and had Santurri do a trigger job. I really like it now and it is highly accurate. Even those small plates and A zone hits at the top of the IPSC targets are no problem.

Although I like it now I wouldn't buy another. Too much work is needed to bring the quality up to where it should be.

I have an early P-13 alloy frame model that was fine out of the box, except for the trigger. I had a gunsmith replace the trigger, sear,hammer and the original grip safety with one of Para's beavertail safeties and that's all I needed done to make it a great gun.

The LDA series interests me, and I have dry-fired them. I am considering one of the single stack carry option models for my next purchase and, if suitable, for carry.

I would be interested in anyone's experience with any of the LDA series pistols.

I have an early P-13 alloy frame model that was fine out of the box, except for the trigger. I had a gunsmith replace the trigger, sear,hammer and the original grip safety with one of Para's beavertail safeties and that's all I needed done to make it a great gun.

The LDA series interests me, and I have dry-fired them. I am considering one of the single stack carry option models for my next purchase and, if suitable, for carry.

I would be interested in anyone's experience with any of the LDA series pistols.

I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in the Exit 2 neighborhood ever, you're more than welcome to put my ParaCarry 6.45 LDA through it's paces. If you're going to the next Members Shoot, I'm bringing it for anyone who wants to shoot it....My experience with it has been stellar. I broke it in shooting nothing but 230gr hardball for about 250 rounds. Since then, it eats whatever I feed it, but when I carried it, I used Remington 185gr Golden Sabres and practiced with 185gr Winchester FMJ....It has never let me down and I find the entire gun anything but chintzy. It's a robust and well-made carry gun...I invite you to see, (shoot) for yourself....

Last edited:
I also owned a Para Carry LDA in .45. The thing was a jam-o-matic. I sent it to Para and they did a few things to it. I got it back and it had more problems. I ended up selling it to Four Seasons for short money.

I had feeding problems also and cured them by going to a Chip McCormick mag. The real problem was a cracked slide after 200 rounds. Para fixed it, but I am afraid to shoot the gun; will they replace the slide again, and do I want to pay $60 in shipping again?

Back
Top Bottom