Panic buying at Shooting Supply in Westport, Ma. today.

Once this blows over, you're going to see alot of used firearms go up for sale or traded in.

Back after Newtown, I drove straight to 4S to sell off a bunch of guns I had sitting around that I wanted to sell. 2-3 EBR's and such. I had my money the following week from Carl. "Wow. You did well. Nice timing." was all he said. :)

I don't have anything nearly as valuable. And this will be over faster. Oh well.

I have been a gun owner for a few years , but i just go the range shoot and when i am short buy them... My shooting days are done till more stock is back up. I am low as i do not really stock pile as i have seen or heard of a shortage before. Plus wife is pissed as she has a few hundred in her caliber. I only do this for fun so hopefully they some 9mm back as i wanted to go have fun this weekend.

i have no intention of ever stockpile but maybe enough that i can still shoot for a month with no supply moving forward. total madness.

I have been a gun owner for a few years , but i just go the range shoot and when i am short buy them... My shooting days are done till more stock is back up. I am low as i do not really stock pile as i have seen or heard of a shortage before. Plus wife is pissed as she has a few hundred in her caliber. I only do this for fun so hopefully they some 9mm back as i wanted to go have fun this weekend.

i have no intention of ever stockpile but maybe enough that i can still shoot for a month with no supply moving forward. total madness.

Even if you don't shoot much it pays to just buy a couple thousand rounds when it's cheap. If nothing else you pay less and it saves time.

Even if you don't shoot much it pays to just buy a couple thousand rounds when it's cheap. If nothing else you pay less and it saves time.
Agreed, just a minor inconvenience. Friday is warm so i might go for a ride on the motorcycle for a spin to some far off place if they have ammo. worst case got a nice ride, dinner and maybe ammo.

Anyone know if dealers are inclined to give better purchase/consignment terms right now for those inclined to cash out rather than stock up?

I'm glad a place like FS exists here in MA, and Carl is a good guy...*but* is there a worse feeling than pulling a deli ticket to go look at a gun ?

Yeah. Bend over. The feeling of when he raised the price of 9mm from 9.99 to 14.99 during a panic situation.

Theres worse places like cheaper than dirt dickheads but...anyone overcharging during a panic is somewhat douchy to me. I dont even think Ass pro or Cabelas does shit like that.

Im just glad I reload and am stocked up and dont deal with these scumbags.

I went out on the moto for a few hours to keep from going crazy. I made a nice loop through the city and county to pass four gun stores. It’s absolutely insane, they all have a line out the door, two had at least 40 people in line. One had a line of only about 5 people but the last time I was in there the guy had some old used crap, two Taurus semi autos and some Scar 17 mags. He really did, 4 Scar 17 mags lol. I’m exaggerating a little on the last guys inventory but this shot is crazy. I’m hoping the two big shops are enforcing a limit on the store like 5 at a time, otherwise there is way more than 40 waiting.

Yeah. Bend over. The feeling of when he raised the price of 9mm from 9.99 to 14.99 during a panic situation.

Theres worse places like cheaper than dirt dickheads but...anyone overcharging during a panic is somewhat douchy to me. I dont even think Ass pro or Cabelas does shit like that.

Im just glad I reload and am stocked up and dont deal with these scumbags.

I walked out of FS when I heard the price on bucket of Blazer Brass 9mm at $175. I've had some good deals there in the past but I'll finish off what I have before I spend that.

Took a new shooter out to the range a couple weeks ago. He had his license and we were trying out a few guns with him to see what fit. For his purposes and carry he liked the Sig p938 and he actually shot it pretty well. Called me yesterday he went to a shop with his friend who knew the owner. But couldn’t decide so he left with nothing. Now he’s complaining cause everything is in short supply.

I walked out of FS when I heard the price on bucket of Blazer Brass 9mm at $175. I've had some good deals there in the past but I'll finish off what I have before I spend that.

Nice....double + what it really should cost! Nice guys at FS.

I was up at Shooters Outpost today because I had to run an errand out that way........not even looking for 9 or anything in high demand. They had 9mm target on the shelves at 12.99 a box. Which is probably the same price as 40. But they had it. And Gold Dot +P 9mm was 300 something per 1K. Plenty of 223 and AK ammo.

Though it might be kinda crazy SO isn't gouging as bad as FS is, and you still can find some stuff. Plenty of 40 and 45 too. Tons of bullets bulk in for both 40 and 45.
No 38 or 9mm bulk bullets though...but he said, that's just because they have been out for a while on those not really panic related.

Jesus f***ing Christ, $175 for 500 rounds?! Damn. And I bet people were gladly bending over to pay that....

That’s insane... I bought 3 1k cases summer of last year at $179 per and each had a $20 rebate on top and free shipping.
That’s insane... I bought 3 1k cases summer of last year at $179 per and each had a $20 rebate on top and free shipping.
Yup'That's what I paid too, for blazer brass, 124, 9mm range ammo, from target sports.

Given that some cities/states are restricting firearms sales, or "nonessential" businesses in general, anyone have thoughts on how to handle the gun store situation here? I've had a bunch of guns I've been thinking about consigning, but if a store closes and I have no money or guns to show for it that's more of a pickle than I'm interested in being in.

Given that some cities/states are restricting firearms sales, or "nonessential" businesses in general, anyone have thoughts on how to handle the gun store situation here? I've had a bunch of guns I've been thinking about consigning, but if a store closes and I have no money or guns to show for it that's more of a pickle than I'm interested in being in.

firearm sales in MA will almost certainly be halted
there are several points at which the tyrants could easily accomplish this
i would be hesitant consigning anything right now

Having this dilemma too. Want to get one delivered but FS is closing after Saturday for a while so hoping the shipper is flexible in waiting.

Having this dilemma too. Want to get one delivered but FS is closing after Saturday for a while so hoping the shipper is flexible in waiting.
Actually, it looks like Carl is closing after today (Friday):
Carl said:
"Starting Saturday 3/21/2020 we will be closed to the public until Tuesday March 31st."

What does FS charge for a transfer these days? I only ask because Northeast Arms in Peabody is $25 and they have no plans on closing.

Depends on how much cash they wasted on toilet paper and other bs, etc.... but I agree, it could persist a lot longer. And shit eating moonbats that usually vote against guns will be buying too, at least in the states where they're not walled off from doing so. Maybe some of those idiots will finally "Get it" but I think that is being too optimistic.

Liberal logic, if I can't get my hands on it, neither should you. Need to go door to door so no one has a gun since they can't get one.

Jesus f***ing Christ, $175 for 500 rounds?! Damn. And I bet people were gladly bending over to pay that....

Yeah the sheeple that continue to shop there will without question. I get supply and demand and raising cost of goods but holy f***

What does FS charge for a transfer these days? I only ask because Northeast Arms in Peabody is $25 and they have no plans on closing.

Is that for shipped transfers or just FtF? I thought last time I called them it was something like $45 to receive a transfer.

I think it was 40 maybe? Been a while since I've done one there. Good to know about NE Arms...maybe I can use them.

I think FS is $40 incoming and $25 FtF.

Is that for shipped transfers or just FtF? I thought last time I called them it was something like $45 to receive a transfer.

I think FS is $40 incoming and $25 FtF.
Both. The last few guns I transferred there were $25.

I'll admit I fell for it and went to Shooting Supply today. Limits on ammo as expected. Limiting people inside, only waited 20 minutes outside. Picked up some 9mm projectiles and some primers. Knew what I wanted, where it was, and was done in 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom