Panic buying at Shooting Supply in Westport, Ma. today.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
As much as I hate to say it, watch the weekly unemployment reports as this gets worse and you’ll see lots of options open up.
This. Its gonna be a while. But this for sure. Guns are at a premium now but you cant eat them or live in them

When it comes to buying food or paying a mortgage, firearms and other luxury items will be on sale.

Its a luxury have 25 guns. People will scale down and sell when we are talking 25 percent unemployment possibly.

Smart people are selling now while they can at higher prices.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did something actually break on the gun, or was it caused by an ammo malfunction, such as a primer backing out, or a bullet in another chamber pulling forward past its crimp under recoil forces?
I honestly don't recall. He was letting folks fire it, there were a few waiting and it locked up. Tried working on it at the line for a minute, then went back to figure it out.

If the member is still here maybe he'll speak up, I think Eddie Coyle was trying to help him as well.

citoriguy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well - Charlie is shutting down all non-essential businesses for a bit. If you though the last few days were bad, today is going to be the shit show of shit shows. This order is effective through early-April.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Did something actually break on the gun, or was it caused by an ammo malfunction, such as a primer backing out, or a bullet in another chamber pulling forward past its crimp under recoil forces?

I can't imagine loading a 500 "hot." I mean, why not just poke a hole in a piece of paper with one of those kindergarten pencils and then have someone smash your wrist with a sledgehammer. It's cheaper than the front-end cost of a 500.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at shooting supply today around 2. About a 15 min wait outside. I got in got my ammo and targets and got out in about 10min. It was busy but moving surprisingly well and smooth. At least from my short time their.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bulged a cylinder on a Smith, 629, 44 magnum years ago. Does that count? Smith replaced the cylinder for $ 150.00 and sent a note with the gun suggesting I stop pushing the envelope.
Hah, if Elmer Keith didn’t push the envelope, there wouldn’t be a .44/.357/.41 magnum.

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hah, if Elmer Keith didn’t push the envelope, there wouldn’t be a .44/.357/.41 magnum.
I like to play with the .45 Colt too. I made some really hot 45 colt loads for the 4 3/4" freedom Arms .454 Casull and hauled it up to Vermont for a boar hunt. Crazy muddy hunt in the swamp. Damn pig charged me and the guide. Didn't want to shoot him in the head and ruin the mount, so I did a little hop to the side and whacked him in the heart. He came to sliding stop at my feet. The guide called me a crazy S.O.B. after he shimmied down from that skinny poplar tree. He saw kills all the time, so I guess he didn't put as much value on my mount as I did. Then again, he didn't
pay for the hunt either. Maybe a bit of a woos too I think. In the end it was a pig against a .45 colt magnum. The pig was clearly outgunned from the get go.

Last edited:

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know a guy who reloads and shoots 155 gr lead bullets out of his factory G22 all the time (he's a mega skinflint) and still hasn't blown his gun up. He's been casting and loading for that gun for years, too.

-Mike
I never read the owners manual that came with my G19 I bought in 1990. I had no idea you weren't supposed to to shoot lead through it. I'll bet I shot....I don't know maybe 5000 rounds of my cast wheel weight 124 grain rn bullets. Maybe even twice that many. It's basically all I shot out of the thing for years.
Maybe I kept the velocity down low enough to prevent leading but I never had any evidence of lead build up.

Michael J. Spangler

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I never read the owners manual that came with my G19 I bought in 1990. I had no idea you weren't supposed to to shoot lead through it. I'll bet I shot....I don't know maybe 5000 rounds of my cast wheel weight 124 grain rn bullets. Maybe even twice that many. It's basically all I shot out of the thing for years.
Maybe I kept the velocity down low enough to prevent leading but I never had any evidence of lead build up.
It’s been proven to be a non issue. It just takes the right fit and hardness.

PDB

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just left Shooting Supply. No mob right now. Knock on the door & wait a few minutes to get in.

Top Bottom