• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

:-( P99 no longer mass compliant (just new ones)

I went into AG Guns the other day and toyed with a P99. I loved the feel of it and the trigger pull. They only had it in .40 and used.

So today I went to 4 Seasons and they told me they can't sell it new anymore because the trigger pull is now below the Mass limit.

Why do I live here?

Moderator said:
Not to fear, I hear a new MA comp. trigger is going to be installed on new models.
What would the pull weight of a MA compliant trigger be, 10 lbs and over ?
We've got a whole load of legal restrictions here but, as to triggers, "it's got to be safe".
Any regulations as to pull weight are only in the handbooks of the various Shooting Associations.

so what of the S&W99? am in now an instant felon as of this morning? its used so am i exempt?
i just bought the damn thing from 4 seasons a month ago!
nazichusetts

SnakeEye said:
so what of the S&W99? am in now an instant felon as of this morning? its used so am i exempt?
i just bought the damn thing from 4 seasons a month ago!
nazichusetts

Yes, go immediately to the AG's office and turn your gun in! <j/k>

Do yourself a favor and read the section of Ch. 140 that deals with the sales of guns!

The laws declare what MA DEALERS can legally sell or not! NONE of the restrictions/penalties fall on the buyer. A little searching of this forum will also answer this question . . . probably a dozen or more times up to now!

NO, you can own it forever!

Just remember, the official guide that was printed just so that the Chiefs of Police know what the gun laws mean is now over 400 pages in a 8.5"x11" format book and is in it's sixth or seventh edition since the laws dramatically changed in 1998.

And you want a simple guide for the citizens?

Well, I guess it isn't too hard to write:

In the normal conduct of life in Massachusetts, you are guaranteed to violate some rediculous law. If you own a gun, it's even more likely.

Now that everyone is a criminal, the state can decide who they want to shake down for revenue and will drag your ass to court if you resist where they can legally shake you down for even more.

(did I miss anything?)

"...in it's sixth or seventh edition since the laws dramatically changed in 1998."

You WISH! I bought the 6th Edition two years ago and the 8th Edition this Spring; the NINTH came out a few months later. [roll]

Chris said:
Just remember, the official guide that was printed just so that the Chiefs of Police know what the gun laws mean is now over 400 pages in a 8.5"x11" format book and is in it's sixth or seventh edition since the laws dramatically changed in 1998.

And you want a simple guide for the citizens?

Well, I guess it isn't too hard to write:
...(snip)...

You want to see all the Mass. state gun laws together in one place? Go to your Town or City Clerk's office and ask to see the poster required by

CHAPTER 269. CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC PEACE Chapter 269: Section 11 Printing statutes for posters; display

Back
Top Bottom