• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P80 in person build class?

John2006

NES Member
Well, I figured if some teen gang banger could build one, I could too. Well, I was wrong. Watching videos and reading instructions doesn’t really help. Any chances there are any classes or in person group builds or something one can get in on?

Yeah that’s what I was told. What can I tell you?
Probably nothing that would lead me trust shooting any gun you build lmao

Are you talking rifle or pistol?

Rifle order the ghost gunner jig

Pistol just find one of the p80 clamshells

Brownells has good instructional videos on the topic

Probably nothing that would lead me trust shooting any gun you build lmao

Are you talking rifle or pistol?

Rifle order the ghost gunner jig

Pistol just find one of the p80 clamshells

Brownells has good instructional videos on the topic
Pistol. And the frame. Will check out the Brownell videos. Haven’t seen those. And yes I know no one but yourself can build a kit which is why I’m looking to do it myself in a school room/advisory setting if you will (lucky me has always been a hands on learner).

Given the current legal environment, I don't think you will find any classes nor 'build parties'. Something to consider: If you think about the time and cost to attend a class, you can probably afford to have an extra P80 frame to practice on and not sweat any mistakes. +1 for watching the Brownells videos. Also you will need at least the minimum tools.

Pistol. And the frame. Will check out the Brownell videos. Haven’t seen those. And yes I know no one but yourself can build a kit which is why I’m looking to do it myself in a school room/advisory setting if you will (lucky me has always been a hands on learner).
The only thing that is kinda a pain in the dick is the slide release tabs

have already “practiced” on one frame… As far as tools go, what do you recommend? I’m not exactly Mr. handy…

I know right? Ironic part is I can fly a 737 but a 16 yo gang banger is handier that I… Life works in strange ways my friend.

Wait !
you say you can fly a 737
but you can’t follow an instructional video to put a P80 together?
wat da faque!
please, share with us what airline you work for, so we can all avoid flying with said airline 🤷‍♂️

Yeah that’s what I was told. What can I tell you?

it always looks easier on youtube. I had to recaulk a shower, so I watched the vids. Nothingburger, right? The guy's caulk lines were smooth and even, perfect density, uniform thickness. Perfection in under 5 minutes.

My job looks like something a junkie did between highs for crack money. I ended up taking the volume approach rather than the precision approach the youtube guy did. It works, but it's ugly.

Wait !
you say you can fly a 737

but you can’t follow an instructional video to put a P80 together?
wat da faque!
please, share with us what airline you work for, so we can all avoid flying with said airline 🤷‍♂️
Meh, I know engineers that have trouble with a mostly drop in trigger on guns. It happens and just because you can do one thing does not mean you can do the other.

Last edited:
A pair of cross-cutting/end cutting pliers can help knock down the vertical tabs about half-way real quick. Then you can move onto a knife or x-Acto, finishing with flat diamond files.

What?

It takes like 11 minutes

I don't think I've built a gun sober in years and it still doesn't take more than 20 min...allegedly
yep. i'm old and mechanically inept and can do it in 25 while sipping a scotch.

since your a good nes'er, 300 bucks and i will babysit over your shoulder, step by step. you understand i can't touch anything...it's again da law.

I have twice as much feedback as you dingus and I’m Maura? You do realize Maura’s Governor and probably has bigger fish to fry, right? I’m gonna bet you’re Andrea (or at least one of her minions) - she’s AG btw.
ROFL [rofl]

The other comment about being a pilot and not handy with tools was funny too. Apparently you must be a machinist to fly 737's.

The previous post re tools was good and I do highly recommend a Dremel.

it always looks easier on youtube. I had to recaulk a shower, so I watched the vids. Nothingburger, right? The guy's caulk lines were smooth and even, perfect density, uniform thickness. Perfection in under 5 minutes.

My job looks like something a junkie did between highs for crack money. I ended up taking the volume approach rather than the precision approach the youtube guy did. It works, but it's ugly.
As a former machinist with a Bridgeport in my basement I can’t caulk worth a shit.
I contribute it to I hate to paint.

Back
Top Bottom