Owwie and why to wear safety glasses while building a lower...

doobie

Banned
My pivot detent went BOING right into my eye. Anyone know the best way to find where it went? I'm fairly certain it's contained to a 5'x5' area...lol

Get a powerful magnet and drag it across the carpet.

Cross-X: You meant drag it across his eye.....

[smile]

Glad you're OK doobie. Always wear your eye protection when working on guns, with power tools, or chemicals - including spray cans.

My pivot detent went BOING right into my eye. Anyone know the best way to find where it went? I'm fairly certain it's contained to a 5'x5' area...lol

The detent or your eye? If it's the later, I don't think a magnet will help unless you had one of the older steel Borg implants.

Ken

I found that using a pair of channel locks to put in the push pins and using a flat razor blade holds the spring and detent in nicely...

The detent or your eye? If it's the later, I don't think a magnet will help unless you had one of the older steel Borg implants.

Ken

The detent...

I found that using a pair of channel locks to put in the push pins and using a flat razor blade holds the spring and detent in nicely...

I ended up holding it down with part of the pin, then slid the pin in...

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Not today, not today.

Get yourself a 1/4" clevis pin from the hardware store. It will work exactly like the detent spring tool that is made for the job.

I learned my lesson the first time I took my M-14 bolt apart without the nifty little tool. I still have a scar right at my hairline above my eye - bled like crazy - felt like I had been shot in the skull. [shocked] Never again. Glad you still have your eyeball....

Back
Top Bottom