• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Out of state dealers that do frame transfers?

Does that apply to just handgun frames or rifle frames as well?

Go read the ATF’s FAQ.

That would be a federal felony.

By federal law, the frame is a gun, even if all you are buying is a stripped frame, and a handgun purchased out of state must be transferred through an FFL in the buyer’s state or residence. So, no, you can’t gun to a dealer in a different state, buy a handgun frame, and then take delivery of it.
hmmm - I am sure you know of what you speak. But 2 different FFLs told me today they do this, no problem, all the time. I guess I'll find out. But turns out, I am settling for a gun on the roster anyway. So I don't even have to solve this problem.

hmmm - I am sure you know of what you speak. But 2 different FFLs told me today they do this, no problem, all the time. I guess I'll find out. But turns out, I am settling for a gun on the roster anyway. So I don't even have to solve this problem.
Yeah. You are fine.

You are going via a FFL. Frame, complete are gtg.

Boring if it’s on the list though.

@ziffusion don’t get too worked up about people around here having a little fun…

Typically the best approach is to call the licensing officer in your town and schedule an appointment with your CLEO. Simply explain what you want to acquire, and that you’ve had difficulty. Typically they are very, very helpful. If they can’t hook you up with someone, just ask them for a “Demo Letter” — plenty of guys use them to get off roster items. Larry Vickers is well known in the industry and he amassed an impressive collection that way.

Most guys around here just stick to the firearms that can be easily obtained in state or really reliable firearms like Hi Points. What you’re looking for is a bit more exotic, so definitely easier to go the CLEO route.

Best of luck
OH MY F***ING GOD. You are so helpful. I'll do this first thing tomorrow. Would that be the right time to discuss assault weapons as well, while I am there? Do you think they will help me get those too? If I need them for humanitarian purposes?

OH MY F***ING GOD. You are so helpful. I'll do this first thing tomorrow. Would that be the right time to discuss assault weapons as well, while I am there? Do you think they will help me get those too? If I need them for humanitarian purposes?
They will require a 5 page dissertation about assault weapons. Then you will need 16 references showing your humanitarian endeavors. If you don't have enough references you can always volunteer at your nearest VA and help those that fought for all we have.

Last edited:

Ok, sarcasm noted… you do realize assault weapon is a media term used to scare the general public though, right? I’m on a first named basis with my licensing official in my town… even gets me out of the occasional traffic infraction, but if you don’t want the help, don’t ask —

Better option, call a reputable firearms attorney and ask them to assist you in navigating the law. It will probably be the best $3K you could spend — consider it like liability insurance. A small little piece of mind.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Inappropriate Language
Ok, sarcasm noted… you do realize assault weapon is a media term used to scare the general public though, right? I’m on a first named basis with my licensing official in my town… even gets me out of the occasional traffic infraction, but if you don’t want the help, don’t ask —

Better option, call a reputable firearms attorney and ask them to assist you in navigating the law. It will probably be the best $3K you could spend — consider it like liability insurance. A small piece of mind.

Best of luck
You are saying you were serious?! At first, I thought you were just another jackass who thought they were being smart. But this followup is approaching somewhat of a decent troll. So I'll give you that.

Guessing you don't want to f*** around or find out, have fun at CNN, brah
I get the feeling that gun owners are big on posturing and being legends in whatever wild west movie that plays in their head most of the time. I bet most will poop their pants if it ever came down to it.

hmm, you did not delete your account yet, ok, hazing to continue. :)

naaah, it is not that bad.
IT'S WORSE

I get the feeling that gun owners are big on posturing and being legends in whatever wild west movie that plays in their head most of the time. I bet most will poop their pants if it ever came down to it.

Wouldn't you be including yourself in that statement?

Back
Top Bottom