Out of state dealers that do frame transfers?

Im not “that Chris!!” Damn it!!!

So, here how “That Chris” goes about asking about guns. You ring the bell at a closed dealer until they open the door out of annoyance. You state your name and where from.

“Hi, I’m Chris from NES”

(Now, remember you rang the bell at a gun shop)

Then you ask the person who came out “do you sell guns?”

Gun shop owner replies NO.

You get butt hurt and whine on NES

Shop owner posts video of the encounter, hilarity ensues.

New NES joke is born

it’s tough being a “not that Chris” these days.

I am going to guess that out of state is not an option...

I've read that folks do this. Any suggestions? I am interested in a Canik MC9.
I think you can use the Gun Show Loophole to do that. Just wait until MA has one of it's famous gun shows and you can probably do it there. You will have to pay an entrance fee but it might be worth it for you. They usually have great deals on guns.

I think you can use the Gun Show Loophole to do that. Just wait until MA has one of it's famous gun shows and you can probably do it there. You will have to pay an entrance fee but it might be worth it for you. They usually have great deals on guns.
And just in time!!

Get your loophole here… tomorrow and Sunday.

Coupon also.

IMG_6454.png

STFU @chris_1001 :). But yeah, those loopholes look yummy.
I'll read up on this - but is it really as easy as that?! Just walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun? Then what? You go and register it on the MA website? I am assuming they would want to know that the lineage of the gun is clean, no?
No, it's not that easy. There are no legal ways to "just walk into a gun show and walk out with a gun" you'll need to have a valid LTC/FID to purchase a firearm from anybody in the state of MA.

You will get a lot of troll answers online. If you have questions about these things I recommend contacting a qualified attorney. Have a great day :)

Im not “that Chris!!” Damn it!!!

So, here how “That Chris” goes about asking about guns. You ring the bell at a closed dealer until they open the door out of annoyance. You state your name and where from.

“Hi, I’m Chris from NES”

(Now, remember you rang the bell at a gun shop)

Then you ask the person who came out “do you sell guns?”

Gun shop owner replies NO.

You get butt hurt and whine on NES

Shop owner posts video of the encounter, hilarity ensues.

New NES joke is born

it’s tough being a “not that Chris” these days.
I haven't been here in a while... did this happen.

I've read that folks do this. Any suggestions? I am interested in a Canik MC9.
That would be a federal felony.

By federal law, the frame is a gun, even if all you are buying is a stripped frame, and a handgun purchased out of state must be transferred through an FFL in the buyer’s state or residence. So, no, you can’t gun to a dealer in a different state, buy a handgun frame, and then take delivery of it.

That would be a federal felony.

By federal law, the frame is a gun, even if all you are buying is a stripped frame, and a handgun purchased out of state must be transferred through an FFL in the buyer’s state or residence. So, no, you can’t gun to a dealer in a different state, buy a handgun frame, and then take delivery of it.
Does that apply to just handgun frames or rifle frames as well?

You do realize that the use of the word ‘little’ in statements like this is commonly considered to be rude and condescending.

IE:
have your little fun
go to your little party
you and your little friends
etc etc

So you’re a stranger here, first post, asking us for help and advice and belittling us at the same time. Good job.

He's no stranger

Oh, well - I guess I am not going to get any help here then. I thought, as 2A people, you wouldn't be such a bunch of weenies.

I might as well pack up my whole "reporter fishing expedition" and get out of here.

PM me you jackasses :) , if you don't want to respond here openly.
1698456102127.png

@ziffusion don’t get too worked up about people around here having a little fun…

Typically the best approach is to call the licensing officer in your town and schedule an appointment with your CLEO. Simply explain what you want to acquire, and that you’ve had difficulty. Typically they are very, very helpful. If they can’t hook you up with someone, just ask them for a “Demo Letter” — plenty of guys use them to get off roster items. Larry Vickers is well known in the industry and he amassed an impressive collection that way.

Most guys around here just stick to the firearms that can be easily obtained in state or really reliable firearms like Hi Points. What you’re looking for is a bit more exotic, so definitely easier to go the CLEO route.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom