• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Our Westgate is coming.

How would the onsite LEO presence even react to a citizen offering help? Not positively.

Only if it fits their needs. Didn't law enforcement run to a local gun shop during a shootout in California looking for a rifle because the perps had body armor....anyone recall this

I've been expecting such an attack ever since 9/11. The only reasons I can figure out why it has happened is that either 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks, and/or 2) our security services are better than I think they are.

Many might disagree with me but i think our intelligence has gotten alot better than it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been expecting such an attack ever since 9/11. The only reasons I can figure out why it has happened is that either 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks, and/or 2) our security services are better than I think they are.

It does seem like it would be pretty easy to pull off. I remember in the couple years or so after 9/11 there was fear about busy malls during Christmas shopping. IMO terrorists hitting lots of small soft targets all over the place on a regular basis is way more "terrifying" than one big attack every decade or 2. People might actually start getting uneasy about going about their daily lives if they just heard that some hajis shot up the Market Basket two towns over and a few weeks before that a mall in NH and last month a few small bombs at farmers markets here and there.

C. The threat isn't what they say it is.

Fourth reason: They're really not as smart as we're afraid they are.

it doesn't take a genius to see the way the morons in our government reacted to the precious children being slaughtered in connecticut to realize if you did the something similar in several different places in one day or over the course of several days, that it would bring our country to its knees.

That's really just restating 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks. Part of organizing such an attack is finding homicidal maniacs willing to die for your cause.

You need a special sort of broken person with an odd bucket of organized and disorganized insanity:
- Smart enough to pull it off
- Quiet enough to not blab
- Enough of an attention whore to want to do it
- Sufficiently divorced from humanity/reality to think it is a good idea
- Various other skills often not found or very well honed in lunatics

All it's going to take is just one that wants to martyr himself (be it busy mall...a school...busy lines waiting to go through a tsa check...Grand Central station or the likes on a busy day such as Thanksgiving eve...etc)......then we'll end up losing what's left of our freedoms. [thinking]

All it's going to take is just one that wants to martyr himself (be it busy mall...a school...busy lines waiting to go through a tsa check...Grand Central station or the likes on a busy day such as Thanksgiving eve...etc)......then we'll end up losing what's left of our freedoms. [thinking]
Americans need to treat those who would respond by taking away freedoms after such an event as the traitors they are. The enemy wants us to be afraid and give up our liberty. Aid and comfort that enemy and guess what you are?

I'd much rather see people talking about this than scaring each other with 1,000 different ways a lunatic _could_ do something horrible.

The Universe is trying to kill us every day. Nature is trying to kill us. The Sun is trying to give us cancer. Water is trying to drown us. Fat, sugar and sloth are actually working together to kill us.

You don't have to be ignorant of what's going on, but this death cult in the media is pointless and has no bearing on what virtually every last American needs to do to be "ready". Grow up. Learn how to take care of yourself. Learn first aid, how things work, marksmanship, how to cook, basic chemistry, etc...

All these things you should know already to call yourself an adult. If you know all that, you've pretty much done everything you need to or can do short of not being an idiot and allowing someone to take your Smith & Wesson fire extinguisher away from you.

There is NOTHING you should do differently this week or next or the week after that because ISIS are douchenozzles and going to bring "THE TERROR"TM. If something would truly be ill-advised under the UK's "terribly serious now, honestly" threat level, then it would be ill-advised normally.

Step one: secure self and family. Step two: find a way out. Step three: **** all the people left there. Sorry but I'm not saving anyone but myself or family. And if you think otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

The way our legislators respond to an attack is one of the things that the *******s are counting on when they plan the attacks. Even with 9/11, we've now got a whole generation of people starting college and entering the workforce who have no firsthand memory of the events of that day. It won't be long before the majority of the people weren't even born before that day. The biggest lasting effect is the way our legislators reacted: creating the Department of Homeland Security, further encroaching on freedoms, endless war since then, the TSA, no-fly lists, terror watch lists (that have newborn babies on them), etc. The goal of the terrorists has always been to kill as many as possible, and degrade the lives of those who aren't killed and didn't lose family in the attacks. Any attack they attempt is going to have these two things in mind.

This: my guess is that the 2 Kennedy & MLK assassinations are ancient history to many on this board! I was 13 YO.

Americans need to treat those who would respond by taking away freedoms after such an event as the traitors they are. The enemy wants us to be afraid and give up our liberty. Aid and comfort that enemy and guess what you are?

I'd much rather see people talking about this than scaring each other with 1,000 different ways a lunatic _could_ do something horrible.

The Universe is trying to kill us every day. Nature is trying to kill us. The Sun is trying to give us cancer. Water is trying to drown us. Fat, sugar and sloth are actually working together to kill us.

You don't have to be ignorant of what's going on, but this death cult in the media is pointless and has no bearing on what virtually every last American needs to do to be "ready". Grow up. Learn how to take care of yourself. Learn first aid, how things work, marksmanship, how to cook, basic chemistry, etc...

All these things you should know already to call yourself an adult. If you know all that, you've pretty much done everything you need to or can do short of not being an idiot and allowing someone to take your Smith & Wesson fire extinguisher away from you.

There is NOTHING you should do differently this week or next or the week after that because ISIS are douchenozzles and going to bring "THE TERROR"TM. If something would truly be ill-advised under the UK's "terribly serious now, honestly" threat level, then it would be ill-advised normally.
+1
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cekim again.

StevensMarksman

It can be difficult enough to identify other departments/agencies responding and off duty guys. You pull a gun, and you very well may get shot. The FBI had a blue on blue where a team split up and ended up running in to each other. Dude got lit up, but lived.
He didn't call out the safe-word (I bet it was Schnooble)

on the positive side, if a CCW holder DOES take out a derka derka or anyone shooting up a mall, it should actually bode well, providing the .gov doesn't shoot him or her to death because "the officers want to make it home that day"

"Durkas" Awesome!
I'm not even concerned about al-queda or whoever going after a mall, etc. Yeah they can do that but that'll be off the news cycle in a few months and the memetic effect will be diminished. Most american malls have lots of points of egress and unless they have a ton of shooters, their body count is going to be limited and its going to be mostly adults. Not to mention, shopping malls are slowly dying anyways. Instead, it's all about the public schools. Schools are big ****ing deathtraps, they're like prisons without the security, and they're filled with targets that have an extremely high memetic value in the american public conscience. If the durkas hit even one school in the US we'll have to listen to ****ing "save the orphans, wah wah wah wah" on infinite loop for 10 years, and deal with all the EMO-inspired legislation and other bullshit that will come as a fallout of it, which will probably infect 2 generations of people with bullshit, and rob even more freedom from citizens.

I don't even really fear the durkas actually (there's pretty much a static limit to how much physical damage they can actually do); I fear the way our legislators and government will react, in their typical full retard, knee jerk fashion, if the durkas can pull off killing a bunch of children at once.

-Mike

Nixon? Oh, never mind. He was a stooge...

StevensMarksman

No I don't mean slap on the ass "impeachment" with full pension and bennies, I mean prison, hard time, fines that are paid with everything they own ... the kind of shit that happens to serf for even smallest of misbehavior, and sometimes just for kicks with no reason.

on the positive side, if a CCW holder DOES take out a derka derka or anyone shooting up a mall, it should actually bode well, providing the .gov doesn't shoot him or her to death because "the officers want to make it home that day"

CCW holders do often disrupt mall shootings. None of them (AFAIK) were any Islamo-Terrorist cell agents, but it does happen. The MSM just doesn't report it or under reports it on Page 18.

CCW holders do often disrupt mall shootings. None of them (AFAIK) were any Islamo-Terrorist cell agents, but it does happen. The MSM just doesn't report it or under reports it on Page 18.
There is nothing "often" about "mall shootings" or any other "mass shootings."

That's like saying that lightning doesn't often hit people wearing denim. It doesn't often hit anyone. When it does, it is a ludicrously unlikely event who's correlations are generally useless (short of being outside in bad weather).

If we were serious about being prepared for an "invasion" style attack (which will likely not happen), then the only readiness that makes sense in my mind is to go back to MinuteMen (the 1776 guys) style training and organizations. Screw militarizing anyone other than ourselves.

This big time... We shouldn't be placing responsibility for our safety in the hands of the very entity (government) that endangers our liberty.

"Lone wolf" is the way it is going to go for now. Radicalized individuals who act alone or in small groups, making all of us walk around in fear. Whether or not these are IS related or not, look at the recent days/weeks. The guy in Oklahoma, the guy who lit the ATC tower on fire in Chicago. The individual in PA has caused a Tsarnaev like illegal search and seizure by local, state, and federal authorities.

the goal of islamic extremists appears to be: not allow us to live our lives freely, and they are succeeding. Soon we will all be walking around questioning our neighbors and the likes, forget those who do not look or sound like us. Complete F-ing mess.
There is no law enforcement agency that can protect against these types of acts. If IS wanted they would all get in cars and drive people over on the sidewalk to get the death toll up. What are we going to do then? The only practical answer here is to come together as a state/nation. A bunch of gun owners running around individually is far less likely to succeed than any dedicated, focused group working together.
Most important thing in my life is my kids. Whats yours? Whats theirs?

Whats scary about the "let the cops protect you" scenario is, if you run the numbers, you see that it is impossible for the cops to protect everyone.

800,000 cops (not on duty. just total cops) in the US.
300,000,000 people in the US (actually a little more).
That's 300,000,000 / 800,000 = 375 people to 1 cop.

Yeah, we are phucked if we think letting our safety be handled by so few is going to work.

StevensMarksman

Making the rounds via email:

"Juval Aviv was the Israeli Agent upon whom the movie ' Munich ' was based. He was Golda Meir's bodyguard -- she appointed him to track down and bring to justice the Palestinian terrorists who took the Israeli athletes hostage and killed them during the Munich Olympic Games.

Forget hijacking airplanes, because he says terrorists will NEVER try and hijack a plane again as they know the people onboard will never go down quietly again. Aviv believes our airport security is a joke -- that we have been reactionary rather than proactive in developing strategies that are truly effective.

For example:
1) Our airport technology is outdated. We look for metal, and the new explosives are made of plastic.

2) He talked about how some idiot tried to light his shoe on fire. Because of that, now everyone has to take off their shoes. A group of idiots tried to bring aboard liquid explosives. Now we can't bring liquids on board. He says he's waiting for some suicidal maniac to pour liquid explosive on his underwear; at which point, security will have us all traveling naked! Every strategy we have is 'reactionary.'

3) We only focus on security when people are heading to the gates. In Israel , security checks bags BEFORE people can even ENTER the airport.

Aviv says all of the above is well known in intelligence circles, but that our U. S. Government does not want to 'alarm American citizens' with the facts.

The world is quickly going to become 'a different place', and issues like 'global warming' and political correctness will become totally irrelevant.

On an encouraging note, he says that Americans don't have to be concerned about being nuked. Aviv says the terrorists who want to destroy America will not use sophisticated weapons. They like to use suicide as a front-line approach. It's cheap, it's easy, it's effective; and they have an infinite abundance of young militants more than willing to 'meet their destiny'.

He also says the next level of terrorists, over which America should be most concerned, will not be coming from abroad. But will be, instead, 'homegrown' -- having attended and been educated in our own schools and universities right here in the U. S. He says to look for 'students' who frequently travel back and forth to the Middle East . These young terrorists will be most dangerous because they will know our language and will fully understand the habits of Americans; but that we Americans won't know/understand a thing about them.

Aviv says that, as a people, Americans are unaware and uneducated about the terroristic threats we will, inevitably, face. America still has only have a handful of Arabic and Farsi speaking people in our intelligence networks, and Aviv says it is critical that we change that fact SOON.

So, what can America do to protect itself?
From an intelligence perspective, Aviv says the U.S. needs to stop relying on satellites and technology for intelligence. We need to, instead, follow Israel 's, Ireland 's and England 's hands-on examples of human intelligence, both from an infiltration perspective as well as to trust 'aware' citizens to help. We need to engage and educate ourselves as citizens; however, our U. S. government continues to treat us, its citizens, 'like babies'. Our government thinks we 'can't handle the truth' and are concerned that we'll panic if we understand the realities of terrorism. Aviv says this is a deadly mistake.

Aviv also was concerned about the high number of children here in America who were in preschool and kindergarten after 9/11, who were 'lost' without parents being able to pick them up, and about ours schools that had no plan in place to best care for the students until parents could get there.

Does your family know what to do if you can't contact one another by phone? Where would you gather in an emergency? He says we should all have a plan that is easy enough for even our youngest children to remember and follow..."

There is nothing "often" about "mall shootings" or any other "mass shootings."

That's like saying that lightning doesn't often hit people wearing denim. It doesn't often hit anyone. When it does, it is a ludicrously unlikely event who's correlations are generally useless (short of being outside in bad weather).

I didn't say that. I said that mall shootings are often interrupted by CCW holders. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom