Our Westgate is coming.

This is a tough one. We aren't ready for a well orchistrated and armed terrorist attack. OTOH, do we really want local law enforcement using the same arms, equipment and tactics that our military uses?

Yes active shooter situation-not wearing uniforms and you show up with a weapon standard practice is to shoot first.

How would the onsite LEO presence even react to a citizen offering help? Not positively.

You're right no way they would ever let a citizen help. If they ever did they better give you a vest or jacket identifying you as friendly, if not then citizen in plain clothes with a gun = shot by police.

If we were serious about being prepared for an "invasion" style attack (which will likely not happen), then the only readiness that makes sense in my mind is to go back to MinuteMen (the 1776 guys) style training and organizations. Screw militarizing anyone other than ourselves.

I'm not even concerned about al-queda or whoever going after a mall, etc. Yeah they can do that but that'll be off the news cycle in a few months and the memetic effect will be diminished. Most american malls have lots of points of egress and unless they have a ton of shooters, their body count is going to be limited and its going to be mostly adults. Not to mention, shopping malls are slowly dying anyways. Instead, it's all about the public schools. Schools are big ****ing deathtraps, they're like prisons without the security, and they're filled with targets that have an extremely high memetic value in the american public conscience. If the durkas hit even one school in the US we'll have to listen to ****ing "save the orphans, wah wah wah wah" on infinite loop for 10 years, and deal with all the EMO-inspired legislation and other bullshit that will come as a fallout of it, which will probably infect 2 generations of people with bullshit, and rob even more freedom from citizens.

I don't even really fear the durkas actually (there's pretty much a static limit to how much physical damage they can actually do); I fear the way our legislators and government will react, in their typical full retard, knee jerk fashion, if the durkas can pull off killing a bunch of children at once.

-Mike

I've been expecting such an attack ever since 9/11. The only reasons I can figure out why it has happened is that either 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks, and/or 2) our security services are better than I think they are.

I fear the way our legislators and government will react, in their typical full retard, knee jerk fashion, if the durkas can pull off killing a bunch of children at once.

-Mike

Which is basically a win for them.

I found it interesting the cop from Jersey was the one hoping an armed citizen would respond to their local school getting shot up.

I'm not even concerned about al-queda or whoever going after a mall, etc. Yeah they can do that but that'll be off the news cycle in a few months and the memetic effect will be diminished. Most american malls have lots of points of egress and unless they have a ton of shooters, their body count is going to be limited and its going to be mostly adults. Not to mention, shopping malls are slowly dying anyways. Instead, it's all about the public schools. Schools are big ****ing deathtraps, they're like prisons without the security, and they're filled with targets that have an extremely high memetic value in the american public conscience. If the durkas hit even one school in the US we'll have to listen to ****ing "save the orphans, wah wah wah wah" on infinite loop for 10 years, and deal with all the EMO-inspired legislation and other bullshit that will come as a fallout of it, which will probably infect 2 generations of people with bullshit, and rob even more freedom from citizens.

I don't even really fear the durkas actually (there's pretty much a static limit to how much physical damage they can actually do); I fear the way our legislators and government will react, in their typical full retard, knee jerk fashion, if the durkas can pull off killing a bunch of children at once.

-Mike

I agree, schools are an obvious target. Of course, kidnapping and executions are a possibility. It could happen with loan wolf types, but I think the "professional" Islamic terrorists remain obsessed with bombing airplanes.

I've been expecting such an attack ever since 9/11. The only reasons I can figure out why it has happened is that either 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks, and/or 2) our security services are better than I think they are.

third reason...Luck.

-Mike

The way our legislators respond to an attack is one of the things that the *******s are counting on when they plan the attacks. Even with 9/11, we've now got a whole generation of people starting college and entering the workforce who have no firsthand memory of the events of that day. It won't be long before the majority of the people weren't even born before that day. The biggest lasting effect is the way our legislators reacted: creating the Department of Homeland Security, further encroaching on freedoms, endless war since then, the TSA, no-fly lists, terror watch lists (that have newborn babies on them), etc. The goal of the terrorists has always been to kill as many as possible, and degrade the lives of those who aren't killed and didn't lose family in the attacks. Any attack they attempt is going to have these two things in mind.

-Mike

Dunblane.

-Mike
This x$18T

Terror is a less than a lightning strike (much) random chance of being killed by this or that (including meteors).

Government is a means of killing millions with the stroke of a pen.

I did the math once and published here on NES - per-capita (of the population of politicians) since 1900, a politician was 6,000X more likely to kill with laws than a civilian murderer was to kill with a gun.

Terror doesn't scare me. Governments improperly restrained do.

We don't want State Police or local police in a position of having to deal with something like this. First, that isn't their job. Most of them are just regular folk like you and I, husbands and wives who would just like to go home at the end of every shift. They're not Marines, or Army, not trained or equipped to deal with the scenario depicted here. Nor should they be.

The ONLY way to defeat or at least keep losses to a minimum, assuming this scenario is plausible or likely, is to make sure every citizen is armed, and if not armed, knowledgeable enough to handle a firearm when thrown to them :).

But good luck getting that message across.

The only thing that surprises me is that this has never happened. But anyone who has ever read Arrian, who is the primary source of our knowledge of Alexander the Great, knows that Arrian had little nice to say about the people that Alexander conquered. Effeminate, I believe, was the translated term.

the last statement was the best. "this is what we want as Americans not what the politicians are telling us"

Never even heard of this story. That was ****ed up. It can't happen here anyways Ed. Gun free zone yo. [thinking]

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking last night since the cold is coming to switch from my XDs 45 to my G19. More rounds the better in these messed up times.

I would say #1 plus the people capable of doing this to the degree that it has the same effect as a bombing does, are busy fighting in the "home land" at the moment.

Even if we're talking home grown, the kind of organization for this to be more than one or two bad guys is going to be hard to keep quiet, I think, which is where #2 comes into play.

-Mike

And we're not even willing to let a principal or vice principal go for training over summer break, get deputized and carry a gun. So full on head in the sand and then subsequent full on full retard legislation after the fact.

third reason...Luck.

Fourth reason: They're really not as smart as we're afraid they are.

You're right no way they would ever let a citizen help. If they ever did they better give you a vest or jacket identifying you as friendly, if not then citizen in plain clothes with a gun = shot by police.

It can be difficult enough to identify other departments/agencies responding and off duty guys. You pull a gun, and you very well may get shot. The FBI had a blue on blue where a team split up and ended up running in to each other. Dude got lit up, but lived.

Same here. I would expect something in the late holiday shopping season (no black Friday). However, pound for pound, schools are where the value is, especially in a state like MA. The thing I tell my wife is if I ever had to start shooting, get out of Dodge and call 911 and describe me as friendly civi on the site (I make the assumption that I may still be alive, but understand that i may just be a distraction to allow my wife and kids to get out). One other consideration is that the Mohammedites may actually believe what the rest of the world and our media puts out: that we are all cowboys with side arms 24/7. However, any attack would without a doubt lead to more restrictions, even though the firearm, would likely be illegal and come through our southern boarder like so many 1000s of pounds of coke. We can handle crazies our own crazies but when it comes to outside attacks we are ape blank about restricting our own rights...

Last edited:

or 3) There really aren't that many homicidal douche-bags in the world. There are a good number, obviously, but if there were as many as it seems, then one-off attacks would be common. My guess is that just like everywhere else, lots of these nutbags want to be seen as bad-ass m*****-f******, but at the end of the day, they prefer someone else do the dying for them.

or 3) There really aren't that many homicidal douche-bags in the world. There are a good number, obviously, but if there were as many as it seems, then one-off attacks would be common. My guess is that just like everywhere else, lots of these nutbags want to be seen as bad-ass m*****-f******, but at the end of the day, they prefer someone else do the dying for them.

That's really just restating 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks. Part of organizing such an attack is finding homicidal maniacs willing to die for your cause.

That's really just restating 1) organizing such an attack is harder than it looks. Part of organizing such an attack is finding homicidal maniacs willing to die for your cause.
You need a special sort of broken person with an odd bucket of organized and disorganized insanity:
- Smart enough to pull it off
- Quiet enough to not blab
- Enough of an attention whore to want to do it
- Sufficiently divorced from humanity/reality to think it is a good idea
- Various other skills often not found or very well honed in lunatics

We don't want State Police or local police in a position of having to deal with something like this. First, that isn't their job. Most of them are just regular folk like you and I, husbands and wives who would just like to go home at the end of every shift. They're not Marines, or Army, not trained or equipped to deal with the scenario depicted here. Nor should they be.

Quite to the contrary. That is exactly who will have to deal with something like this. They will respond and will run to the sound of gunfire / an active shooter. Homicide in progress. They would prefer to go home at the end of the shift like anyone else. If the local mall comes under attack it IS the police that will be responding with the tools they have at their disposal.

Back
Top Bottom