• I dont own one

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I want one

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • I'll never get one

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well after ~2.5k rounds my slide rails showing excessive wear, slide was wobbling all over, two small cracks in frame, recoil spring fell apart, went through at least 3 recoil springs, barrel no longer locked up snug in the hood....i think i'm missing a few others.

Mine had about 3k-4k rounds through. None of you mentioned above except slide rails wear happened. Changed recoil spring once, mag release spring once. That's about it.

I'd probably get one if it was typical Sig DA/SA. Nothing against 1911s I'm just not used to the control scheme and don't feel much benefit from learning it.

Great carry piece! Melts into your waist and almost forget that you're CC'ing. Great shooter under 50' but it's a self defense weapon not a range gun. I like mine in a Milt Sparks VM II, condition 1 at the 4 o'clock position.

Great carry piece! Melts into your waist and almost forget that you're CC'ing. Great shooter under 50' but it's a self defense weapon not a range gun. I like mine in a Milt Sparks VM II, condition 1 at the 4 o'clock position.

I've been looking at those. How is the sweat guard molded over the safety? I'm also thinking of others with the leather loop instead of the metal clip. Has to be canted.

My wife carries a P938 with the hogue grips. Very nice little gun...screams quality to me. Even though it's small it's a good shooter and surprisingly accurate. It doesn't have a huge round count through it but we haven't had any issues with it, that I can remember at least.

I like my 938. Was my first purchase when i got my class A LTC. A component broke in it a month back, and sig fixed it free and covered shipping (only a week and a half to get it back). They fixed 5 components in the firearm i didnt even know were broken (they said it was due to factory error from when i originally bought it). Never experienced an ftf or fte and ive fired 1.5k rounds through it.

It took me a little while to get used to condition 1. I have a Kusiak leather holster that's molded around the safety and when it's holstered you can't force the safety off.

Same is true w my kydex holster, safety is covered & can't force it off. Can't say the same for the ankle rigs I have used.

I've been looking at those. How is the sweat guard molded over the safety? I'm also thinking of others with the leather loop instead of the metal clip. Has to be canted.

Get the Winthrop IwB holster. Cheap, good quality and works fine.

Versa-Max-2-big.jpg

I have several for various pistols and it is a fantastic holster. FBI cant, steel reinforced mouth for easy reholstering, extremely comfortable, etc... A bit expensive and long lead time but worth it if you CC on a regular basis like I do.

Versa-Max-2-big.jpg

I have several for various pistols and it is a fantastic holster. FBI cant, steel reinforced mouth for easy reholstering, extremely comfortable, etc... A bit expensive and long lead time but worth it if you CC on a regular basis like I do.

Same here. Only holster that I use for CCW. I have one on order for my recently acquired P320C. Unsure what role the P938 is going to play, so no holsters for it yet.

It's only role is as a carry gun. It's basically a mini 1911, its $700, and Sig's quality control sucks. No thanks. I probably wouldn't buy one if it was $100.

It's only role is as a carry gun. It's basically a mini 1911, its $700, and Sig's quality control sucks. No thanks. I probably wouldn't buy one if it was $100.

Understood. I still have hopes that someday my Wife may decide to carry and be proficient enough to do so. If she'll shoot it at the range for now I'll be happy. Let's just say that I didn't pay anywhere close to $700 for it. No QC issues with it to date. YMMV

Never had any issues with mine for the 4 years I've owned, shot and carried mine. Also did not pay anywhere near $700.00. Did you own one and have issues or just not a fan of Sig???

So what's your opinion of these fine pistols, good, bad, or indifferent. I gave up carrying my Bodyguard because arthritis gives me a problem when I rack the slide, and gave up my 642 because I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at twenty paces with it. The ease of shooting the Sig as well as the night sights make it my only carry piece. Seems to be a popular pistol, just wondering what everyone thinks.

I think its one of the rare occasions where I would rather the 380 model than the 9mm.

Never had any issues with mine for the 4 years I've owned, shot and carried mine. Also did not pay anywhere near $700.00. Did you own one and have issues or just not a fan of Sig???

I've never owned one (nor have I owned any Sigs for that matter) and I will concede that they can be had for less than $700, but I've fired plenty and seen my fair share of malfunctions with them. I'm also just not a fan of the 1911 platform as a utilitarian design, let alone something I would carry. It's hayday has come, gone and the gun industry has moved on to better stuff. As for Sig, I think its an overrated company that produces a bunch of obsolescent handguns with unnecessarily high price tags (excepting the P320 line, of course), and has fairly low QC standards. So no, I'm not a fan of sig. Not at all. That being said, they do produce some top notch MSR's, but again, the prices are sky high.

Last edited:
Versa-Max-2-big.jpg

Very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can find them under $600.00 still. The f/f on mine is great also.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its one of the rare occasions where I would rather the 380 model than the 9mm.

I'm curious as to why?

I have the scorpion P938 which is no longer available.

True that as of this year the P938 Scorpion is longer listed on the Sig website, however it is still available and in stock now at MFS.

My wife has a P938 Scorpion, I have a P938 SAS and a P238 Equinox. No complaints after too many rounds to count.

Very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can find them under $600.00 still. The f/f on mine is great also.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious as to why?

I shot the 938 and didn't care for it. It just felt a bit too small for that cartridge to me. There is just SO much competition in that category you really need to hit it out of the park for me to like it over a Shield 9mm or G43.

I shot a girls 238 in 380. Just felt a lot more balanced and IMO its the best carry 380 out there.

I've had my 938 for about four years. It always runs well. Never had a failure to function. I wish I could say this for all of the hand guns that I have / had.

I shot the 938 and didn't care for it. It just felt a bit too small for that cartridge to me. There is just SO much competition in that category you really need to hit it out of the park for me to like it over a Shield 9mm or G43.

I shot a girls 238 in 380. Just felt a lot more balanced and IMO its the best carry 380 out there.

I had the 238 in my hand when I was out looking before I bought the 938. I let the LGS clerk talk me into getting the Bodyguard. Lesson learned. I'll never listen to a sales pitch ever again. I originally wanted a PPK but with all the problems and no availability led me to the Sigs.

True that as of this year the P938 Scorpion is longer listed on the Sig website, however it is still available and in stock now at MFS.

My wife has a P938 Scorpion, I have a P938 SAS and a P238 Equinox. No complaints after too many rounds to count.

I get all my Sig's direct, I was going to get another one however I couldn't as they discontinued it (even the SKU has been removed from their price list), they are still out there though as they make their way from distributors to stores but they won't be for much longer.

Speaking to those that have both the 938 and 238, are the safeties interchangeable? I'm not a fan of the ambi tati-cool look and would rather have something smoother for drawing from deep cover.

Comparing the 938 to the Shield is not a fair comparison. The 938 is much smaller and far easier to conceal and you have to expect different shootability with such a difference in size. I have both and love them both but there's really no comparison. And you're correct about the 238, I had one and sold it when I got the 938 but I loved that gun.

Comparing the 938 to the Shield is not a fair comparison. The 938 is much smaller and far easier to conceal and you have to expect different shootability with such a difference in size. I have both and love them both but there's really no comparison. And you're correct about the 238, I had one and sold it when I got the 938 but I loved that gun.

Yeah it is much smaller... hence why I think the 380 model is better. The 938 is a bit too small for 9mm imo. I mean I can shoot one fine but it just doesn't feel balanced.. it really shines in .380. If I don't want to run .380 for CCW I would choose something a bit larger than the Sig. Like the Shield or the G43.

I'm not a big fan of pocket guns in general. I gave them a shot but they were all in 9mm and I just never like any of them. Shooting that girl's 238 was eye opening. It was VERY shootable. I remember doing a bill drill in under 2.5 with that little thing.. and was able to hit a 2/3 IDPA steel target at 50 yards about 70% of the time shooting at defensive speeds. I was very impressed with it. I would not hesitate to carry it if I ever needed something that small.

Back
Top Bottom