Open Carry Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just unwinnable, but losable. I have little doubt that if I open carried at the Natick Mall or other busy public place, someone would freak the hell out and call the police, reporting hysterically that 'There is a guy with a gun!' And that best case scenario for me personally is that I get deemed 'unsuitable' by my CoP(42! ?) despite having broken no laws. Well, unless causing a Nancy pants-shitter to shit themselves is a crime - I'm sure they can come up with something.

This seems to be one of those issues that gets people very upset because it's perfectly legal, yet terribly ill-advised imo.

As far as the ridiculous analogy between illegals and gun owners, well, when the police and government officials openly state they have a policy to not prosecute gun owners for any violations, then I'll be the guy toting my AR everywhere.

They rolled SWAT at a mall around here (Burlington I think) because someone had an umbrella... This is what we're dealing with around here. The Massachusetts "genpop" isn't ready for this sort of thing. Legal, yes. Strategically sound, no.

Its these attitudes that de-evolve us. Just remember people.... open carry is LEGAL. The more we PANDER to THEM....the more we LOSE. TO MANY Pansies in this state. IN for open carry day
Ain't about pansies or pandering or swinging penises. It's about personal philosophy. An armed meth head/heroin addict/whatever is sitting in a diner or bar and "decides" the next fix is only gonna happen if he holds up the place and/or patrons. It's gonna happen, he's decided, "f*ck it, I'm DOING THIS and he sees you in one booth, ten feet away, with your pistol strapped on your side and sees me with just my knife, fork and pancakes in another booth, ten feet the other way.
And you really REALLY think wingnut is gonna shoot me first? Or maybe you're thinking you'll "notice" his every move and shoot him before he gets a (lucky) shot off? Or maybe you're thinking "deterrent" and that he sees your gun and gives up on his urgent quest for the one thing that he's so absolutely effed up his entire now-worthless life over that he'd actually kill his own mother if it was his last option for $ for a fix? And you're gonna bet your life on that? Just cuz your inalienable rights say you can show that gun to the entire planet if you choose to.
I'm not preaching my way is better, just saying I'll take MY chances on surprising the nervous/jittery f*cker while he's busy confronting the person he now sees as his impediment to his next score-gasm.

Different philosophies, but DRUGS change how people might otherwise "normally" behave. I carry concealed until I need to un-conceal. Personal choice, but I believe it's the right one.

Last edited:
Ain't about pansies or pandering or swinging penises. It's about personal philosophy. An armed meth head/heroin addict/whatever is sitting in a diner or bar and "decides" the next fix is only gonna happen if he holds up the place and/or patrons. It's gonna happen, he's decided, "f*ck it, I'm DOING THIS and he sees you in one booth, ten feet away, with your pistol strapped on your side and sees me with just my knife, fork and pancakes in another booth, ten feet the other way.
And you really REALLY think wingnut is gonna shoot me first? Or maybe you're thinking you'll "notice" his every move and shoot him before he gets a (lucky) shot off? Or maybe you're thinking "deterrent" and that he sees your gun and gives up on his urgent quest for the one thing that he's so absolutely effed up his entire now-worthless life over that he'd actually kill his own mother if it was his last option for $ for a fix? And you're gonna bet your life on that? Just cuz your inalienable rights say you can show that gun to the entire planet if you choose to.
I'm not preaching my way is better, just saying I'll take MY chances on surprising the nervous/jittery f*cker while he's busy confronting the person he now sees as his impediment to his next score-gasm.

Different philosophies, but DRUGS change how people might otherwise "normally" behave. I carry concealed until I need to un-conceal. Personal choice, but I believe it's the right one.

whew.!!! Much caffeine today? We're not talking open carry in general, we're talking about an open carry day. Go back and read the thread where I clearly state I don't open carry and wouldn't open carry. ITS THE POINT THAT ITS ***LEGAL***. Yet this state has us so scared to do what is ****LEGAL*****. Its pathetic IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom