Open Carry Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the thread about the "day without immigrants" and "women" and another thread discussing open carry in MA I thought of this possibility.

We pick a day and declare it "Open Carry Day". We could pick a day with some significance (possibly an anniversary of a particular battle in the revolutionary war). The purpose would be to recognize the importance of an armed society.

I think it may actually get people used to seeing other people armed while going about their business, running errands etc. People will see that just having a gun doesn't mean you are going to do something stupid with it. I suppose a positive that could come out of it would be people would become desensitized to seeing an armed person in public.

I understand some people would be nervous about possible legal consequences. Maybe we can contact State police and local LE departments and advise them that people would be open carrying on this particular date, in full cooperation with the MGLs. Bonus if we can get anything in writing from these departments ahead of time stating that they will not take any action if no laws are broken.

Perhaps we could get GOAL or Comm-2A involved.
My original thought would be this would be a MA thing, but I think it would be great if other states could join in.

I figure with all these clowns taking days off of work to March around for all types of ridiculous causes we could just pick a day, throw on your favorite gun, and carry on with your normal activities. All in support of 2A. Another positive that could come out of it is that (pending none of us do anything stupid) there will not be an increase in gun crimes, which would be another pro 2A argument.

So..... Thoughts? Good idea, dumb idea?

I think if the PDs are notified prior to the day and are aware people will be legally carrying in accordance with MGL it could turn out to be a good thing.

The "Open Carry in MA?" thread was just locked down earlier today. Might want to check that out in the General Discussions forum as it may answer many of your questions - a lot of these issues/concerns were discussed.

The "Open Carry in MA?" thread was just locked down earlier today. Might want to check that out in the General Discussions forum as it may answer many of your questions - a lot of these issues/concerns were discussed.

Yeah, I saw that thread. I'm pretty sure I referenced that in the original post. I get that people have concerns about it. The fact of the matter is that it IS legal. If PDs are notified ahead of time, ideally, they will get word out to the officers that people are legally open carrying on this day. Unrestricted is unrestricted, the law is the law. If you have an unrestricted LTC, and you stay in your own town, YOUR local PD, has already approved you to do it. They could have put a "protection and concealment" restriction but did not.

Let us know how it works out for you.
All the "It's legal in Ma." derp is nice and all, if you subscribe to the theory the US constitution means shit in this state
And IBTL.

Open carry is fine in MA, making a political spectacle out of it can have no good outcome.
Since im a dick, im IN

I DISCRETELY open carry.....it depends where you are in the state.

With the understanding that it is legal to do so and obviously it is... what could they possibly charge you with?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you'd have to weight the options of losing your license due to suitability reasons if the CLEO got a hair across his ass.

How about we all show up somewhere while concealed carrying.
Then when everyone asks why we are all gathered together we answer it's a second amendment thing.
The dumbfounded looks on their faces will be priceless!

We have to get our discrete militia handshake and secret password straight beforehand..[rofl]

Or we meet in the middle of nowhere, out in the deep woods and open carry to our hearts content..

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that thread. I'm pretty sure I referenced that in the original post. I get that people have concerns about it. The fact of the matter is that it IS legal. If PDs are notified ahead of time, ideally, they will get word out to the officers that people are legally open carrying on this day. Unrestricted is unrestricted, the law is the law. If you have an unrestricted LTC, and you stay in your own town, YOUR local PD, has already approved you to do it. They could have put a "protection and concealment" restriction but did not.

Not trying to bust your balls, but this is Massachusetts - land of the liberal moonbats who are generally afraid of their own shadow. Go open carry walking around Cambridge, Boston, or any other inside the 128 beltway town/city/mall, etc... and you're asking for a heap of hurt from Mr. Policeman/Woman! Once they start getting "man with a gun" calls, the show is over.

Not trying to bust your balls, but this is Massachusetts - land of the liberal moonbats who are generally afraid of their own shadow. Go open carry walking around Cambridge, Boston, or any other inside the 128 beltway town/city/mall, etc... and you're asking for a heap of hurt from Mr. Policeman/Woman! Once they start getting "man with a gun" calls, the show is over.
What if it's a transgender ?

Open carry with this holster and you'll be fine! [rofl]
5111879.jpg

Open carry is fine in MA, making a political spectacle out of it can have no good outcome.
Since im a dick, im IN

I DISCRETELY open carry.....it depends where you are in the state.

Re: Bold text in message That's one point I made to a few people (thru PM on here)
Plus the way you are dressed,

Police, or the general public, don't necessarily f/with someone with a firearm exposed if properly holstered. In my experience.

Unrestricted is unrestricted, the law is the law. If you have an unrestricted LTC, and you stay in your own town, YOUR local PD, has already approved you to do it. They could have put a "protection and concealment" restriction but did not.
1) Why does your plan restrict me to my town and doesn't allow me to leave?
2) My LTC isn't even from my town - it's from Boston. I guess a day in Boston isn't as boring as a day around town though.
3) I've never heard of a "protection and concealment" restriction so no, they couldn't have put that on an LTC.
4) I was just in NH the other day and didn't open carry. Why? Because I think it's a stupid idea and no one needs to know that I'm carrying.
5) This is MA. My neighbors are pretty much guaranteed to be moonbats. I don't need them knowing that the evil man next door has scary guns and probably voted for Trump.
6) If this was an OC event where we all gathered and hung out and garnered media attention, I'd go.

I could be in... only problem is that I work out of state so unless I eat the day (say if we set up a march on beacon hill) I'm stuck to only expressing my rights in the afternoon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i don't think this would help to put gun owners in a good light, either by the law enforcement or the general public. But if you are going to do it, consider 7/20 for the date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom