Only enough $ for one gun.

Handguns are perfect for bad breath range. To go alot further beyond that under stress you better have a LOT of practice. Shotguns with 00 buck will stop a threat faster than anything else within ~40 yards. A few hours training admin reloads and you can stretch that out to 100 on slugs. An AR15 will probably work very well from point blank up to 600 yards or most people's abilities. It's like if a swiss army knife and Legos had a baby. Infinitely useful and adaptable, and that's a BFD when it comes to fighting.

The only thing that matters is what you can get hits with. Everyone's different. You really have to shoot a lot to figure out what a particular individual's aptitude is good at. Some people can shoot pistols and rifles really well and be relatively bad with shotguns. Some people pick up an AR15 for the first time and shoot it beautifully and then treat handgun like it's a boulder that needs to be pushed up a hill. A lot of it comes down to your attitude.

No, but the point is if there's a threat I'm going to the thing i have quick at hand which is probably going to be a handgun. Unless you leave shotguns sprinkled around your house they're going to be niche players at best.
I have hand guns sprinkled throughout but i spend 90% of the time in my house 5 feet from my gun safe

No, but the point is if there's a threat I'm going to the thing i have quick at hand which is probably going to be a handgun. Unless you leave shotguns sprinkled around your house they're going to be niche players at best.
1700773798580.jpeg

Replace rifle with shotgun, truck gun, you get the picture.

1700774379193.jpeg

Sorry, couldn’t resist [rofl]

Last edited:
Sure, but again, let's be real instead of tacti fags. Are you just going to shoot the BG with a handgun you have in your hand or fiddle f*** around with a rifle in an exigent circumstance? Most people aren't upgrading unless it's a not an immediate threat in play.

Sure, but again, let's be real instead of tacti fags. Are you just going to shoot the BG with a handgun you have in your hand or fiddle f*** around with a rifle in an exigent circumstance? Most people aren't upgrading unless it's a not an immediate threat in play.
Nah, I’m just f***ing around. Though it would be a factual statement to say I’m a much better shot with any of my rifles than my handguns outside of pointblank range.

Also, the extra capacity and range of a rifle is nice since I don’t expect a single person to try a home invasion given the size of the home/property and the number of cars/people coming and going.

If they were smart criminals and scoping the place out ahead of time, it will be a crew, 3-4 minimum. Handgun and a spare mag won’t really work well if they are also armed, which I would expect. Why I have my Scorpion SBR and AR ready to rock with minimal effort from my safe and a plate carrier right next to it, all of which are within easy reach of me the majority of the time I’m home.

And yes, this is 3rd world BS security planning…

Last edited:
Nah, I’m just f***ing around. Though it would be a factual statement to say I’m a much better shot with any of my rifles than my handguns outside of pointblank range.

Also, the extra capacity and range of a rifle is nice since I don’t expect a single person to try a home invasion given the size of the home/property and the number of cars/people coming and going.

If they were smart criminals and scoping the place out ahead of time, it will be a crew, 3-4 minimum. Handgun and a spare mag won’t really work well if they are also armed, which I would expect. Why I have my Scorpion SBR and AR ready to rock with minimal effort from my safe and a plate carrier right next to it, all of which are within easy reach of me the majority of the time I’m home.

And yes, this is 3rd world BS security planning…
I hear that

Based off your interests, Canik. Ferreira's firearms has a TP9 SF Elite for $350 cash, I bought mine from him, great gun, excellent sights. Box case it comes in can be locked, and would save you costs on a safe. A lockable ammo can and you are covered for storage. Mags are cheap ($35) and it will shoot any 9mm you stick in it. With the money saved on everything else, you can buy 1000 rounds and have money left over to pay for a few classes and range time.

Targetsports is your friend for ammo.

As an aside, we do have a convict about to be paroled in our rural neighborhood. He’ll live with his senior mother when released. He has been a problem for the entire neighborhood for years. It came to a head a few years ago with stolen mail, identity theft and wire fraud. Unfortunately I was part of the reason he was convicted, though the entire neighborhood has numerous complaints against him.

His life was shiite before he went to federal pound me in the ass prison. Now? I expect he’ll double down with his shennanigans as he is mentally unstable and has an even bigger chip on his shoulder now.

He was the reason we reviewed our entire security situation, what with locked mailboxes, security cameras, lights and such. We also have a Pitbull who should provide some early warning. Anyway, I’m not terribly concerned with this individual specifically as I’m armed, work remotely so I’m home much of the time, etc. What I’ve been thinking about of late are the contacts he might have made in Federal prison…

As an aside, we do have a convict about to be paroled in our rural neighborhood. He’ll live with his senior mother when released. He has been a problem for the entire neighborhood for years. It came to a head a few years ago with stolen mail, identity theft and wire fraud. Unfortunately I was part of the reason he was convicted, though the entire neighborhood has numerous complaints against him.

His life was shiite before he went to federal pound me in the ass prison. Now? I expect he’ll double down with his shennanigans as he is mentally unstable and has an even bigger chip on his shoulder now.

He was the reason we reviewed our entire security situation, what with locked mailboxes, security cameras, lights and such. We also have a Pitbull who should provide some early warning. Anyway, I’m not terribly concerned with this individual specifically as I’m armed, work remotely so I’m home much of the time, etc. What I’ve been thinking about of late are the contacts he might have made in Federal prison…
Have holes already made around quabbin if Mickey needs company.

What about if you're taking a shit?
In my case, it depends on where I’m shitting. I can pinch it off and reach my safe in seconds from one bathroom. The other, well, let’s hope I’m not that unlucky or the dog provides a heads up.

I refuse to be like the unlucky brother in Yellowstone who got shot on the toilet [rofl]

Roughly 50 yards if they are relaxed and have perfect lighting.
Got a farm field adjacent to the back yard that is 500+ yards to the tree line and a 150 yard drive way. Maybe I need to set up some range markers and range cards for fields of fire to provide quick ranging on these areas of potential advance.

Too much?

Replace the normal people doing a gag for views for a guy in a dress insisting I use pronouns despite my conversation being "hello, anything else, total is, have a good night" and 3 furries and you have my typical Friday night running my cumby's. Along with my normal MHC girls coming in for their pretzel.

Tbh, my other job as a door guy in a strip club is safer.

Got a farm field adjacent to the back yard that is 500+ yards to the tree line and a 150 yard drive way. Maybe I need to set up some range markers and range cards for fields of fire to provide quick ranging on these areas of potential advance.

Too much?
Not enough you need a mortar team

Back
Top Bottom