• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Onlookers cheer as passenger beats the daylights out of senior citizen

Is what it is I guess. Again it would really depend on the photos and how he responded to me telling him to stop. There's just no way you'd be cool with someone doing this to your wife or daughter in front of you. Really has nothing at all to do with macho. That's just a retarded comment.

Sounds like the guy took it too far. But the guy taking pics absolutely deserved to get punched in the face at least once.

My wife dresses conservatively so her tits would never be on display. Still, I have a problem with dudes taking fap photos of my wife. You can posture all you want and act like captain libertarian all you want, but I highly doubt you'd just sit there and be cool with some pervert taking jerkoff photos of your wife or daughter.
No, of course I wouldn't be cool with it. I already outlined several solutions that are infinitely better than getting into a physical altercation. Somehow telling the guy to F off instead of beating him within an inch of his life is viewed here as defending kiddie diddlers - PreBanMan must be off his meds again.

Hilarious that any time a female is mentioned on this site that everyone wants to see a photo before judging lol

That's in the commision of a crime - a.k.a. mug shots. Like in the teachers gone wild mega thread. That and the pics they choose to share publically on social media... Big difference between that and someone taking booty shots of women in yoga pants without consent, (or similar).

That said there's some crass behavior on NES for sure. Inside jokes of guilty/not guilty based on hotness.... something borrowed from Howie Carr, etc. But at the end of the day - we're talking about criminals and the photos taken by police or what they elected to share themselves.... Again - big difference.

No, of course I wouldn't be cool with it. I already outlined several solutions that are infinitely better than getting into a physical altercation. Somehow telling the guy to F off instead of beating him within an inch of his life is viewed here as defending kiddie diddlers - PreBanMan must be off his meds again.

There's a special place in hell for kiddie diddlers, pervs and sexual predators in general. Yes - I feel strongly about it. Got nothing to do with meds. More like just being a decent human being.

The world would be a far better place if we extended the same courtesies to others that we demand to be extended to ourselves.

Doesn't matter. Yoga pants shots, down shit shots, etc... If the guys perving out on pics to go home and wank off to then beatdown = justified.

So legal conduct that you personally don't like is punishable by instant beatings? Taking pictures of someone in public without consent is legal, be pissed off all you like but you are in the wrong here. I would personally not like this happening to my wife or daughter, but there are better options than vigilante justice for something that is a non violent, non crime.

How would you like it if someone beat the crap out of you because they had family killed by someone with a gun and you were looking at ar-15's on your phone? Their irrational hatred of your legal conduct is no different than this is. It sucks that living in reality means dealing with crappy situations and bad people who, while annoying you, nonetheless are not doing anything that invites retaliation.

lol well I'm not taking my disagreement with you that far....and I'm not saying my immediate reaction would be violence (unless it was an upskirt or something...that's when all bets are off....but I know that's not what happened here)....It really depends on a lot of circumstances, one of them being: am I on the T in front of a thousand cameras, or am I in a place where it's extremely unlikely that there's cameras? In any event, I'd not take it as far as this guy did, but I absolutely believe that the guy deserved at least one knuckle sammy. Another factor would probably be an assessment of the guy's mental condition and age. I'm really not interested in hospitalizing a 60 something year old guy with diminished mental capacity, but I really don't feel bad for him, at all.

Autism maybe? Haven't seen the interview but from some of the descriptions here, sounds a bit like it. A lot of them don't blend in socially and dont fully understand why some things may not be acceptable. Could very well just be a perv, but not necessarily.
No, he's just a perv.

I've taken thousands of photo's in public spaces and never have had a film roll like those shown in the video. If I wanted a pic someone in particular, I asked and offered a print. Don't blame it on autism - at 15, maybe but not at 65+

I would ask the guy politely once to stop.
That's fair enough, and anything after that is being done to provoke and you get what you got coming.
I really don't give a crap how old the guy is.
I stood right there and watched a 76 year old man knock a beefy 19 year old out cold with one shot.

If some of you had even an inkling of what's running around the streets free as a bird in this state you'd shit yourselves and never let your wife and kids out of your sight.

Watch the news tonight and they have footage of some dude leaping out of a car and trying to drag a female jogger into his car in broad daylight on a busy street.
Want to bet it isn't even close to this dudes first rodeo ?
She's damn lucky she wasn't the next one found in the woods raped and stabbed to death.

If it walks like a perv and quacks like a perv , it's probably a perv.
Don't engage in perv like behavior and you most likely won't get your ass kicked.

So now taking a picture of a woman on the train makes someone a child molester? JFC. The total lack of logic is incredible.

Want to bet that it went down nothing like that at all ?
If the guy was getting his ass kicked for snapping one photo of someone , I doubt very much the whole train car would have been cheering it on.

lol well I'm not taking my disagreement with you that far....and I'm not saying my immediate reaction would be violence (unless it was an upskirt or something...that's when all bets are off....but I know that's not what happened here)....It really depends on a lot of circumstances, one of them being: am I on the T in front of a thousand cameras, or am I in a place where it's extremely unlikely that there's cameras? In any event, I'd not take it as far as this guy did, but I absolutely believe that the guy deserved at least one knuckle sammy. Another factor would probably be an assessment of the guy's mental condition and age. I'm really not interested in hospitalizing a 60 something year old guy with diminished mental capacity, but I really don't feel bad for him, at all.

Well, if you're in a private place where there's not supposed to be cameras, then the legal standards change and there MAY be a reasonable expectation of
privacy. Like for example, if you're in the mens room and some guy takes a pic of you pissing in the urinal, even though nothing is revealing, his actions probably break some kind of a law, possibly to a felonious level just for taking a pic of you at the
urinal. This is because a bathroom has a reasonable expectation of privacy by most people.

The law basically says that say some guy who lives near the beach has a telescope and a camera. It's perfectly legal for the dude with the telescope to leer at clothed women on the beach a few hundred yards from his window. But say there was an open slit window into the women's restroom on the beach, that could only be viewed from that angle, he's not legally allowed to exploit that, because the people in there are operating under the assumption that their activities are entitled to some notion of privacy.

The fun thing here is we can all roil in outrage about the dude with the cell phone camera, but while that guy is getting beat up by the white knight dude, theres a 3rd guy on the train with like a cufflink /pin/pen camera or some other tiny device that you'll never see, filming whatever he wants, and whoever he wants, all without being detected.

-Mike

Last edited:
Want to bet that it went down nothing like that at all ?
If the guy was getting his ass kicked for snapping one photo of someone , I doubt very much the whole train car would have been cheering it on.

FFS... You've gotta be right. Group think is always right. Train full of the finest folks, definitely not interested in watching a good old fashioned beatdown, rather than the inside of a train, on their way home...

it really depends on the photos. There's no legit reason to take point blank photos of women on the T sitting 4 feet across from you wthout asking first. That's not street photography or art, it's a creep building his photo fap stash.

Thank god for the white knights deciding what's acceptable in photography. Please keep up your hard work saving us from these creepy photos.

IMG_2117.JPG

f5ee6b4c069c0e2e8f8648584c4ee013--beauty-salons-jeff-mermelstein.jpg

Callahan-04.jpg

Like most things, I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. I have two daughters, and I am very protective of them. That having been said, Shaka Zulu went way overboard.
I think a simple smack up side the head was probably all that was necessary to take care of it. If creepy grandpa would not relent, then a more vigorous response would be warranted. It is all a matter of degree.

Legal or not, some creep taking pics of my wife or daughter is going to have a really bad time if I'm there to see it happening.
I wish you the best of luck with your LTC revocaction appeal hearing should that "bad time" happen.
photography is not a crime. taking lurid photos of people is.
Some of the photos he showed appeared to he lurid ones of the backsides of women walking in public.

Can you please point out the state or federal law that taking these photos violated?

FFS... You've gotta be right. Group think is always right. Train full of the finest folks, definitely not interested in watching a good old fashioned beatdown, rather than the inside of a train, on their way home...

It means they were there and saw what happened and we were not.
Maybe people are getting tired of having to deal with creepers and pervs every God damn place they go ?
Just a theory.

All kinds. Well, not prune pie...

It makes me walk around with this face.
callahan-04-jpg.237439

Thank god for the white knights deciding what's acceptable in photography. Please keep up your hard work saving us from these creepy photos.

OK. I know what is wrong in photo No. 1, think I know what is wrong in photo No.2, but I'm stumped on the third photo.
Is it "Wearing white after Labor Day?

img_2117-jpg.237437

f5ee6b4c069c0e2e8f8648584c4ee013-beauty-salons-jeff-mermelstein-jpg.237438

callahan-04-jpg.237439

Come on. Can I at least get a hint?
I don't test well...

Sorry I didn't know you were seriously asking... the first is my favorite Garry Winogrand photo, the second is by Jeff Mermelstein, and the third is by Harry Callahan. The Callahan photo isn't my favorite, but the topic is bashing street photographers and I thought that was a good example of widely recognized art. I guess it's a stylistic departure from the full tonal range prints that were the style at the time (think Ansel Adams), very harsh and contrasty with quirky expressions and unorthodox composition. He's an acquired taste.

Back
Top Bottom