• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Onlookers cheer as passenger beats the daylights out of senior citizen

If the guy had sketchy up-skirt (and similar) pictures on the phone it's a good beatdown, if he's just a mental defective with a camera it's not. Need more facts.

That woman they interviewed - was her name Makita? Does she have a brother DeWalt?

$500 bail for severely beating up an old man? Wow. If you get caught with one bullet and no LTC in MA, the bail will exceed what most people can come up with, for no harm done.

I bet Tukan was just turning his life around, too.

There is an art to Street Photography. It's very much like shooting offhand, when you see that black bull in your wobble, your finger needs to instinctively pull the trigger.

Sitting across the row from a woman and taking obvious photos of her with your iphone is sliding in the creep scale.

and he's a mental defective because?

Because it's kinda rude to take pics of people in public that you don't know without their permission. Of course
context is everything. Legal? Sure. But there' s a lot of things that are 110% legal that would still attract
unwanted attention.

Not saying this guy deserved a beating, but the last thing I'd be doing on public transit is just blasting away with a phone
camera on an MBTA bus/train. People already are skeeved out by having to ride on those things to begin with.

This behavior is like on page 4 under the "Not minding your own business" section in a manual of "how to ensure you will get beat up randomly" manual.

-Mike

Because it's kinda rude to take pics of people in public that you don't know without their permission.
rude, yes, mental defective, who knows. a lot of liberals call us mentally unsound for liking guns. i'm not, are you?

as for the photo's, gettin' beat to hell is a little extreme for taking a photo and it was because people thought he was taking upskirts or something, just jumping to a conclusion all the heroes were.

i took photographs for years back in the day, i liked doing portraits. yeah, i asked permission if i was in their face, like as close as this guy was. i'd also offer to send them a contact sheet of their pics and they could choose one and i'd do it up nice for them. this is before digital. i'm just saying, lots of folks wander with cameras. some are familiar with ediquette, some are not.

The guy says he's not a pervert, he just likes taking pictures of women in the city. And duck boats. Check out the pictures on his phone as he scrolls through. He pervin'.

Victim of MBTA attack speaks
Looking at the photos on his phone, he's a pervert BUT what he was doing is not illegal. He's taking pics of women in public but not upskirting.

As an amateur photographer who has gotten yelled at before for shooting in public, I don't see any issue here with what the old guy did. Creepy or not the guy was perfectly within the law to take pictures in public and in no way is a physical assault on him justified.

rude, yes, mental defective, who knows. a lot of liberals call us mentally unsound for liking guns. i'm not, are you?

Me "liking guns" isn't likely to be perceived as rude or invading of space, to someone else.

i took photographs for years back in the day, i liked doing portraits. yeah, i asked permission if i was in their face, like as close as this guy was. i'd also offer to send them a contact sheet of their pics and they could choose one and i'd do it up nice for them. this is before digital. i'm just saying, lots of folks wander with cameras. some are familiar with ediquette, some are not.

Like I said, context is everything.

I can see a bunch of ways with someone with a little bit of charisma could get away with this without complaint.

If you're just some fat slob on the the Orange line or whatever snapping pics without asking, then you're going to get a different response.

-Mike

Photography is not a crime. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to use violence against someone for taking photos, they are likely to be the people “mentally defective”, not the person taking pictures.

Me "liking guns" isn't likely to be perceived as rude or invading of space, to someone else.

You sure about that?

Like I said, context is everything.

I can see a bunch of ways with someone with a little bit of charisma could get away with this without complaint.

If you're just some fat slob on the the Orange line or whatever snapping pics without asking, then you're going to get a different response.

-Mike

I’m pretty sure having charisma or being “some fat slob” are not conditional to whether or not violence is okay.

Photography is not a crime. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to use violence against someone for taking photos, they are likely to be the people “mentally defective”, not the person taking pictures.

photography is not a crime. taking lurid photos of people is.

It really would depend on the pics and the situation. and if someone clearly doesn't want to be photographed and tells you to stop, it becomes harassment if you don't.

Legal or not, some creep taking pics of my wife or daughter is going to have a really bad time if I'm there to see it happening.

take pics of my daughter or wife on a train, I don't care how old you are.
Get up and move to the other end of the train car with them. Stand between them and the guy taking pics. Get off the train. Use words and ask the guy to stop. There's a bunch of options that are better than assault and battery. Your mentality is the same as the antis who want to SWAT anyone carrying a gun - if you don't like someone's legal actions, that's your problem, not theirs.

Back
Top Bottom