Online Businesses to Avoid - Omaha Steaks

My wife wanted to give her aunt and uncle a different gift, and decided to buy a meat package from Omaha Steaks.

The first red flag was placing the order...MASSIVE pop up upsells after every click

The second thing that was a red flag was the overpromise of "guaranteed" delivery, which we paid for.

The receipient needed to be home to get the package, so my wife's aunt stayed home all day yesterday waiting for the package...it did not show up.

As of now, the package has not shown up. Called them and told me to talk to UPS.

I added them to the online businesses to avoid, like Williams Sanoma and Overstock.com

I think this is everything this christmas. ALL of my amazon packages arrived in 5-7 days. This is with my free prime 2 day shipping. The only one that shipped when they said was the Walmart.com ship to store. It was there ready for pickup the next day. Obviously it was in their warehouse and went out on their own daily truck delivery.

My wife wanted to give her aunt and uncle a different gift, and decided to buy a meat package from Omaha Steaks.

The first red flag was placing the order...MASSIVE pop up upsells after every click

The second thing that was a red flag was the overpromise of "guaranteed" delivery, which we paid for.

The receipient needed to be home to get the package, so my wife's aunt stayed home all day yesterday waiting for the package...it did not show up.

As of now, the package has not shown up. Called them and told me to talk to UPS.

I added them to the online businesses to avoid, like Williams Sanoma and Overstock.com

I hope you learned your lesson.

Have used them for years... Have to look for "specials" like free shipping or go to the outlet store in Mansfield for sales. Never had shipping problems so far.

you can tell from the tv ads it is a bit of a scam. "And we include 4 extra thick pork chops, and APPLE DUMPLINGS!"

if i wanted apple dumplings i would go to a frigin bakery. What i want are Steaks! Prime steaks, Dry aged. Not some extra fluffy things to disguise the super high price of their steaks....

i DID send an omaha steak package to an employee last year as a xmas gift...it did arrive as expected, and the guy loved it. so there is that. just be careful exactly what you are ordering.

I just snarfed down a porterhouse from butcher boy in N. Andover. It is every bit as good as omaha, if not better, and there is not shipping nightmare. Unfortunately....today there WAS a line

Attachments

• butcherboy.jpg
    butcherboy.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
ps, why do IPHONE images, that look upright on my computer, "upload" sideways like that?

ps, why do IPHONE images, that look upright on my computer, "upload" sideways like that?

Mine do the same thing on a random basis. Pic shows upright on phone, upright on imgur, yet sideways or upside down here. Only the iPhone- when I had a Crackberry the images were always upright.

Dammit, now I want a steak...

Been getting them from my old man for a few years. Being a steak snob, honestly I get more excited about making dry ice bombs. Can't say their quality or value is anything to be desired. Probably was back in the day, like most stuff, now its gone to crap.

i bought an introductory package about 20 years ago, before they started to fluff it up with the twice baked potatoes, desserts, pork, burgers, etc.

good price, good beef, after that was nothing i couldn't match at a decent local butcher.

good xmas gift to send for someone though if you want to stay away from the mall and/or don't really know what to get. everybody eats food (last time i checked)

you can tell from the tv ads it is a bit of a scam. "And we include 4 extra thick pork chops, and APPLE DUMPLINGS!"

if i wanted apple dumplings i would go to a frigin bakery. What i want are Steaks! Prime steaks, Dry aged. Not some extra fluffy things to disguise the super high price of their steaks....

i DID send an omaha steak package to an employee last year as a xmas gift...it did arrive as expected, and the guy loved it. so there is that. just be careful exactly what you are ordering.

I just snarfed down a porterhouse from butcher boy in N. Andover. It is every bit as good as omaha, if not better, and there is not shipping nightmare. Unfortunately....today there WAS a line
My wife got a pack from her employer, I would definitely have picked an equal value gift certificate to Butcher Boy. Though if we unexpectedly cancel our plans Christmas due to weather at least we have a pile of meats in the freezer sitting ready.

I think this is everything this christmas. ALL of my amazon packages arrived in 5-7 days. This is with my free prime 2 day shipping. The only one that shipped when they said was the Walmart.com ship to store. It was there ready for pickup the next day. Obviously it was in their warehouse and went out on their own daily truck delivery.
Lmao. All my amazon stuff arrived in 2 days or less.

We purchase a lot on-line, however I could not imagine purchasing meat, I want to look at it, inspect it.

One of our favorite butchers is McKinnon's Meat Market Elm Street Somerville.
High quality fresh meat at good prices, meat that looks and taste like meat used too, not the gray stuff you find in supermarkets nowadays.

harry

Years ago when I lived in Meffa, I came home to find a a delivery from Omaha Steaks on my doorstep.
The address was mine, but the name wasn't.
I Googled the name thinking it was probably someone local, but came up empty (probably a previous tenant).
Called OS and told them about the error, and they just said to keep it with their compliments.
It was a $100.00+ gift of various cuts of steak and hamburger patties which I gladly accepted.
I ate good for a few months from that. [smile]

You can sign up for a free UPS service online that will send you emails and tracking numbers where you have incoming.

As I work for a major shipper I can tell you that you shouldn't have to be home for an omaha steak package. They are all shipper release. At least I've never seen one that isn't. Delivery drivers can leave them anywhere including businesses and apartments without a signature. Every thing in the shipping world is out of control at the moment. So you may have to wait. This year's surge of online shopping is outrageous and some seasonal delivery drivers have no clue what they're doing.

You can sign up for a free UPS service online that will send you emails and tracking numbers where you have incoming.

They also have a free app that you can get notifications of deliveries. Useful if I'm getting something important and want to know when it arrives.

For some shipments UPS even has tracking of the delivery truck. You can see where it is during its route and you can setup an alert when it's in your neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom