• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

** AVOID Optics Planet **

Back in the day, they were Flying Tiger or Rising Tiger or something. Basically if you needed something shipped to/from Japan, they were the go-to operation. They got creamed by Fed-UPS and merged and turned into DHL today. But DHL today has expanded into providing all sorts of back office support, with a stress on the POOR in Support.

Flying Tiger became part of Fed Ex. You might be thinking of Airborne Express which got bought up by European DHL

Back in the day, they were Flying Tiger or Rising Tiger or something. Basically if you needed something shipped to/from Japan, they were the go-to operation. They got creamed by Fed-UPS and merged and turned into DHL today. But DHL today has expanded into providing all sorts of back office support, with a stress on the POOR in Support.
Didn't know that history! Back in the day, one of my Dad's friends was a pilot for Flying Tigers.

flying-tigers-ace.jpg

It's the good and bad of dropshippers. The good is access to a large catalog. But the inventory catalogs are never synced in real time, and Optics Planet (and similar companies) can never guarantee the shipping time, as you are at the mercy of the warehouse and how they prioritize integrated/dropshipped orders. The exception are brands that do not dropship (like Holosun, Glock), where the inventory is already on hand. I avoid or decline any incoming dropshipped FFL required items these days because 50% of the time it's a nightmarish scenario.

Good dealers should be able to get you a similar price without the headache.

Worthy to note, still waiting on your address…little bitch.
ROFL, you have mistaken this place as some completely internet based collection of random people who don't know each other. There's a very large core group here. We know each other, many of us compete or shoot together, and also break bread together. Losing your sh!t and making threats is not only a bad look, it's pretty dumb to do here. Think of this place as more like the barber shop scene in Gran Torino and you'll get along just fine. Or keep playing tough guy and get used to being on the bottom of a huge pig pile.

My package says out for delivery but it was coming from Providence. We ended up with 6+ inches of snow at the house so I'll cut them some slack. Hopefully delivered tomorrow.

Mentally unstable internet c*nts don't get my address.

What did the State say?
Is Andrea going to teach Optics Planet a lesson and shut them down?
Did the tears help?

Do not step on snek... He spelled webmaster backwards as a username, so he may be some sort of internet wizard.

ROFL, you have mistaken this place as some completely internet based collection of random people who don't know each other. There's a very large core group here. We know each other, many of us compete or shoot together, and also break bread together. Losing your sh!t and making threats is not only a bad look, it's pretty dumb to do here. Think of this place as more like the barber shop scene in Gran Torino and you'll get along just fine. Or keep playing tough guy and get used to being on the bottom of a huge pig pile.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAN00Z-sYTI

i've heard optics planet was hit or miss for years. a scam? no. i've used them a few times and not had an issue but a couple of friends have had mixed results. i've noticed on occasion, their communication skills suck. they are out of stock on an item and rather tell the customer what their plan is or asks what the customer wants to do, they leave the customer in the dark, optics planet restocks, which could take up to weeks on end, and their customer is left hanging with no answers to sent emails. this has been going on for years. if fact it's how i first found out about them, through customer complaints.

I gave up on Optics Planet years ago. Ordered something, turned out that their online status of "in stock" was incorrect. Charged me immediately, shipped it more than a month later. Did some reading and found out that my experience wasn't unusual.

There are plenty of vendors out there who can deliver.

I'm ok with Optics Planet, I just keep.it simple and only order what they physically have in stock, anyone who orders something that is on backorder status is asking for problems and deserves to be frustrated.

I'm ok with Optics Planet, I just keep.it simple and only order what they physically have in stock, anyone who orders something that is on backorder status is asking for problems and deserves to be frustrated.
The problem with them is that they lie or are at least incompetent in maintaining their stock. Last time I bought from them I was tempted because nobody else had the part in stock and they listed a decent number of them in stock. IIRC it was an ALG Defense brake or something like that. I knew better than to order from them but wasn't in a hurry and figured they'd ship eventually even if lying about stock. Weeks passed and no shipment, so I cancelled the order and just bought from someone else who eventually restocked. Won't say I'll never buy from them again, but they will be the absolute last place I go to.

The problem with them is that they lie or are at least incompetent in maintaining their stock. Last time I bought from them I was tempted because nobody else had the part in stock and they listed a decent number of them in stock. IIRC it was an ALG Defense brake or something like that. I knew better than to order from them but wasn't in a hurry and figured they'd ship eventually even if lying about stock. Weeks passed and no shipment, so I cancelled the order and just bought from someone else who eventually restocked. Won't say I'll never buy from them again, but they will be the absolute last place I go to.
Interesting, I've ordered so many times from them I can't even remember how many times and every single time the item has been in stock and was shipped out in a reasonable time frame except during Covid but even then it was always shipped out, just a bit longer

So your saying you have ordered items that were listed in stock but they were actually out of said item? If that's your experience then sure I'd be pissed as well

We should do an NES Fight Club night at the Mill.

We can get sponsorships from oil companies, truck manufacturers, and pitbull rescues.
LOL, In my younger days I'd be in.....kidding.....these days if I lasted more than one swing I'd be doing good.

Internet banter gets irritating here and there but should never become Defcon-4 matters.

Back
Top Bottom