• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any Optics Black Friday Deals?

Picked up the Trijicon VCOG 1-8x FFP MRad LPVO for $1900 from Optics planet. It was discounted 31% off list, from $3100 to $2019, then got an additional 12% off plus free shipping with a coupon code.

Includes a mount, but added optic covers for another $90. It’s a great optic, only downside I see is it’s heavy, but built like a brick, so I can always use it to bludgeon a bad guy to death when I’m out of ammo. Couldn’t justify spending an extra $500+ for the Nightforce or Vortex LPVO’s that were 1-10x, but didn’t include mounts and had shipping times measured in weeks. Trijicon was in stock. Also, the Marines standardized on the VCOG as their squad optic so it must be doing something right.

This will get mounted on my HK SL8/G36.

Just got my 365 XL - anyone see good rds deals?
Just picked up a holosun from Midwest Optics. Click on the "email for price" button once you find the optic you want and then add code "ShipFree" at checkout for free shipping.

2 moa, 6 moa, circle dot, red, green... too many options!

Just picked up a holosun from Midwest Optics. Click on the "email for price" button once you find the optic you want and then add code "ShipFree" at checkout for free shipping.

2 moa, 6 moa, circle dot, red, green... too many options!
Nice. What did you go with?

Nice. What did you go with?

I went with the EPS carry, 6 MOA, green, but today the seller told me he may have shipped me the green MRS reticle instead (upgrade) by accident and offered to let me keep it or swap it out. Not sure if I would like the circle dot and the dot only is 2 MOA. First world problems...

Picked up the Trijicon VCOG 1-8x FFP MRad LPVO for $1900 from Optics planet. It was discounted 31% off list, from $3100 to $2019, then got an additional 12% off plus free shipping with a coupon code.

Includes a mount, but added optic covers for another $90. It’s a great optic, only downside I see is it’s heavy, but built like a brick, so I can always use it to bludgeon a bad guy to death when I’m out of ammo. Couldn’t justify spending an extra $500+ for the Nightforce or Vortex LPVO’s that were 1-10x, but didn’t include mounts and had shipping times measured in weeks. Trijicon was in stock. Also, the Marines standardized on the VCOG as their squad optic so it must be doing something right.

This will get mounted on my HK SL8/G36.

Nice that thing heavy as hell at 31.5 oz. I picked up a 1-8 PLXc and it weighs in at 16.95 oz. I'm guessing all that extra weight in the VCOG went into making it bomb proof.

I went with the EPS carry, 6 MOA, green, but today the seller told me he may have shipped me the green MRS reticle instead (upgrade) by accident and offered to let me keep it or swap it out. Not sure if I would like the circle dot and the dot only is 2 MOA. First world problems...
True! So what makes you prefer 6 moa as much? Larger target aquisition? I have a 407k on my 229 but I’m very new to having one a pistol and even zeroing it in has been quite the ordeal. Does your personal RDS sight just slightly above your iron sights?

True! So what makes you prefer 6 moa as much? Larger target aquisition? I have a 407k on my 229 but I’m very new to having one a pistol and even zeroing it in has been quite the ordeal. Does your personal RDS sight just slightly above your iron sights?
For me 6 moa dot is phenom for my carry pistols. I use a 25yd zero. It catches my eye quick and i’m not over analyzing the dot placement.

Back
Top Bottom